FAO UK members: Oasis of the Seas Documentary (Quest Channel: Mighty Ships)

cullinp

I was well disappointed when I realised that it wasn't about the Oasis - but when I actually watched it, the programme itself was pretty cool! I think they should pinch that stinger thingy idea for the Allure - it could be used for all sorts of cool stuff!!

Further to the Nat Geo documentary last month, Quest are advertising a new series of Mighty Ships starting tomorrow evening (Tuesday 17th August 2010 21:00hrs GMT)

Unsure if this is indeed new or simply Quest re-branding the Nat Geo doc? I'll report back tomorrow night after watching it! :o

I was told about this and looked at it. Before the show they said it was Oasis, but it turned out to be a gas pipeline ship!!........However, we did see a Nat Geo last night all about it - now we cannot wait. :)

I was told about this and looked at it. Before the show they said it was Oasis, but it turned out to be a gas pipeline ship!!........However, we did see a Nat Geo last night all about it - now we cannot wait. :)

Oooooh. Which nat Geo.... I had a scroll through and must have missed it :(

We're on the Oasis in 4 weeks time :D :D, was sooo looking forward to seeing the programme on Quest, even Sky+d it so I could show my parents (they haven't got Sky!). Does anyone know why it wasn't broadcast? Any news on when its due to be shown?

:mad:

Hi guys, you'll be pleased to hear I recd a response from Quest TV and it will air on September 9th. :)

"Hello,

Thank you for your contacting Quest UK regarding last Tuesday's episode of Mighty Ships.

The episode that was broadcast on Tuesday 17th August and its repeat on Thursday 19th was episode 1 of the new series titled 'MV Solitaire', however, some descriptions of this show differed on electronic programme guides and in some printed schedules where it was referred to as 'Oasis'.

This has now been changed to reflect the correct running order of the episodes and the electronic programme guide will now show descriptions to match the programme transmitted.

We are extremely sorry for this error and can inform you that the 'Oasis' episode will be transmitted on Tuesday 7th September at 2100hrs on Quest.

If you have any further comments please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Quest UK" "

Hi guys, you'll be pleased to hear I recd a response from Quest TV and it will air on September 9th. :)

"Hello,

Thank you for your contacting Quest UK regarding last Tuesday's episode of Mighty Ships.

The episode that was broadcast on Tuesday 17th August and its repeat on Thursday 19th was episode 1 of the new series titled 'MV Solitaire', however, some descriptions of this show differed on electronic programme guides and in some printed schedules where it was referred to as 'Oasis'.

This has now been changed to reflect the correct running order of the episodes and the electronic programme guide will now show descriptions to match the programme transmitted.

We are extremely sorry for this error and can inform you that the 'Oasis' episode will be transmitted on Tuesday 7th September at 2100hrs on Quest.

Quest UK" "

I have just recieved a email regarding the showing of Oasis, here's what it says..........................

Hello,

Quest UK

Fingers crossed this time.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Not good watching this!! I'd 'resigned' myself to going on the Freedom next July (I know - poor me!!! :-)) but now I'm gonna have to try and find the extra pennies to go on the Allure. After being on the Oasis it's difficult to go on anything else!!

Thoughts? Opinions?

It was a good programme.......they always try and find some drama to jazz it up though. Its an amazing feat of engineering.....just leave it at that and showcase the ship!!

Enjoyed it though and wet the appetite for Allure next summer!

Only a superficial look really .....but we enjoyed watching it. :)

It was a shame they didn't show more of the ship. The film crew were onboard with us from Dec 1st until Dec 12th but it did take a lot of time to get things organised...red tape and such like. With such a big ship I guess it was hard for them to choose what parts they could show in just a one hour show.

Brought back wonderful memories for me :D

Archived