What is your favorite room service menu item?

I'm confused - I am booked in a balcony cabin - just a regular cabin - am I allowed room service? What would be my choices? Could I order from the MDR at all?

Yes, you can order room service but not from MDR menu (that is for suites only). Here is a link to the menu which is on post 5. You can 'click' on it to enlarge.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1260826&highlight=room+service+menu

Here is a link to the breakfast menu on post 43 (sorry..kind of small). You can put on your doorknob the night before or call in the morning to order. Look in the coffee table books for these menus.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1250398&highlight=room+service+menu&page=3

Although room service is free between the hours of midnight and 5:00 a.m. ($3.95 if you order during these hours) it is customary to tip a few bucks depending on how much your order.

Hope this helps, have a GREAT cruise!

drumettes, chorizo dip and cheese plate were my standard. now all 3 are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
Cheese plate is showing under desserts on the menu that was posted. I know I saw some posts a few months ago that the cheese plate was discontinued. Maybe it's back by popular demand? I wish the chorizo dip would come back.

Cheese plate is showing under desserts on the menu that was posted. I know I saw some posts a few months ago that the cheese plate was discontinued. Maybe it's back by popular demand? I wish the chorizo dip would come back.

I think it's back, but people have posted that it is not the way it used to be.

I guess I don't have a very good sense of humor. Probably why minors shouldn't be in a cabin alone.

I totally agree. I didn't see the humor in that at all. What a waste of time on the part of the cruise line employees.... and those that actually had an order had to wait while those jerks played their "prank"? :(

Parents, think twice before you let your juvenile delinquents stay in a room by themselves, don't you think? The problem is that the parents whose kids are the "bad" ones are in total denial.....

I totally agree. I didn't see the humor in that at all. What a waste of time on the part of the cruise line employees.... and those that actually had an order had to wait while those jerks played their "prank"? :(

Parents, think twice before you let your juvenile delinquents stay in a room by themselves, don't you think? The problem is that the parents whose kids are the "bad" ones are in total denial.....

We also agree. A great example why the little darlings should have been left at home.

I think it's back, but people have posted that it is not the way it used to be.
It used to be 6 or 8 different cheeses with water crackers. I love cheese (except blue) so it was a really nice afternoon or late evening snack. The cheese pieces were big enough to cut in half and share. In January on Serenade the cheese plate was on the menu (so was chorizo dip) but it was only 4 small pieces of cheese and a couple packs of saltines. I was expecting the usual plate so I could share with my mom. After waiting for 40 minutes then getting a cheese plate with barely enough for one, I didn't order it again. We had the chorizo dip several times though - always tasty. :p

Just off the Explorer two weeks ago and they had Honey Stung Chicken on the room service menu. It was amazing!!!

That might encourage Mr. Ski to order room service. He hates room service. He doesn't want food in his room. (Doesn't like "take out" at home either.) But he loves the Honey Stung Chicken in WJ on day one. So if this is the same he might actually consider ordering room service!

We use room service for breckie when we have early morning excursions or just want a lazy start to the day. We always select the same selection of pastries, yougurts, fruit plate (this is seriously good..) bacon and eggs. The service is super and they ring ahead to let you know they are on the way.

I have see the daily in room dinner menu on the telly, is that as well where the regular 24x7 snacks are posted as I never remember a flyer in my room with this menu.

I must remember to try it next time, but with so much food on offer I guess I have never been hungry enough to snack inbetween.

So do the dinner menus with some of the MDR food on them come available on the monarch of the seas also? Or only some of the ships?

There is a room service menu that is the same on all the ships, and suite guests also receive the dining room menus, as far as I know.

Archived