Good customer service & honesty

MrsPete

I had a surprise today when I opened my credit card bill:

When I was on Liberty a few weeks ago I had a minor charge problem. I complained about it at Guest Services on the last night, and I was told that the person who could help me was already off duty. I thought that was code word for "we really don't care". They told me I could come back the next morning (disembarkation day -- I thought that was code word for "don't go thinking we're going to care tomorrow either"). I didn't go back. We had a very long drive ahead of us, and we wanted to make a beeline for the gangplank and start the grueling 15 hours up I-95.

I left the ship figuring that I got screwed for that small charge, but since that was really the only negative in an otherwise wonderful cruise . . . I was going to grumble a little, then put it behind me.

Lo and behold, THEY REFUNDED ME THAT SMALL CHARGE.

They didn't tell me they were doing it, but there it is: Very first line on my credit card statement. Liberty of the Seas Refund $xx.xx

Wow. I promise you that right now my trust in their customer service is worth about 100Xs the small amount they refunded. I was inclined to sail with them again anyway, but now I'm sure I will.

I had a similar experience in May after a weekend cruise on the Majesty. I wrote a letter to Customer Service instead of standing in line for a $20 duplicate charge (a deliberate decision to forfeit the $20 if they held me to the requirement to settle up before leaving the ship). I didn't really expect a refund, and was surprised and pleased to find it on my credit card the day before receiving a nice letter from them. I wound up booking the Oasis for October as a result of that communication with them - a win-win situation for all.

I had a similar experience in May after a weekend cruise on the Majesty. I wrote a letter to Customer Service instead of standing in line for a $20 duplicate charge (a deliberate decision to forfeit the $20 if they held me to the requirement to settle up before leaving the ship). I didn't really expect a refund, and was surprised and pleased to find it on my credit card the day before receiving a nice letter from them. I wound up booking the Oasis for October as a result of that communication with them - a win-win situation for all.

Good business all around. Cruise line is out $20. You will probably re-book a cruise for $4,000.

Also, look at the good PR this one thread has given them.

I had a surprise today when I opened my credit card bill:

When I was on Liberty a few weeks ago I had a minor charge problem. I complained about it at Guest Services on the last night, and I was told that the person who could help me was already off duty. I thought that was code word for "we really don't care". They told me I could come back the next morning (disembarkation day -- I thought that was code word for "don't go thinking we're going to care tomorrow either"). I didn't go back. We had a very long drive ahead of us, and we wanted to make a beeline for the gangplank and start the grueling 15 hours up I-95.

I left the ship figuring that I got screwed for that small charge, but since that was really the only negative in an otherwise wonderful cruise . . . I was going to grumble a little, then put it behind me.

Lo and behold, THEY REFUNDED ME THAT SMALL CHARGE.

They didn't tell me they were doing it, but there it is: Very first line on my credit card statement. Liberty of the Seas Refund $xx.xx

Wow. I promise you that right now my trust in their customer service is worth about 100Xs the small amount they refunded. I was inclined to sail with them again anyway, but now I'm sure I will.

That's awesome. It's nice to hear nice things instead of always the negative!

Hi Maria,

How are you keeping?

Have you any cruises planned for the future?

We are having to give it a miss this year as Esteban has had back surgery and has been off work since the beginning of June - he should be returning all being well for the middle of this month.

We have booked the TA on the Adventure for next year as it was a great price - I can't believe it is almost a year since our Navigator TA.

Best Wishes

Gill

Hi Maria,

How are you keeping?

Have you any cruises planned for the future?

We are having to give it a miss this year as Esteban has had back surgery and has been off work since the beginning of June - he should be returning all being well for the middle of this month.

We have booked the TA on the Adventure for next year as it was a great price - I can't believe it is almost a year since our Navigator TA.

Best Wishes

Gill

Hi Gill!

How wonderful to see you posting! We are both doing well.

I hope Esteban will recover fully real soon! Wasn't that a wonderful TA we were on? It's funny, we did the Adventure TA out of Puerto Rico to Spain last May and it was great, but I prefer the westbound TAs much better. I'm sure you'll love it. The Adventure is a great ship!

We are doing a short four day cruise out of Port Canaveral (almost our back yard) in December, and soon will be starting the planning for a family cruise in May. After that we haven't decided yet what to do. (I would love to do another TA, but next year doesn't look good. (Hope things change and then, may be.

I hope we see you again sometime on another cruise!

Archived