FYI new military program finally

cacy6893076

I was just in touch with Lisa McDaniel re: the Military Discount, and if you are receiving OBC for being a Shareholder you do not qualify for the MD. In other words, it is one or the other, which makes sense I guess. :(

I haven't read this thread in its entirety (just returned home from b2b on Emerald and trying to catch up), but it seems unfair to give "either/or credit." We have CCL stock, plus retired military. Just my thought!

Shirley

Believe me since the draft ended in the early 70's most males in the US have NOT served in the military. It is a very small percentage now. I am proud to be in that minority having served in the US Air Force for 25 years!

Quitter! :-)

Brian (30 yrs, 14 day USAF)

Your'e right!! I wasn't having fun anymore.

I like your signature block but I guess you have pay for that.

CMSgt USAF (Ret)

You're right - if it isn't fun, time to go - fortunately I enjoyed every minute of it. As for the signature block, it was free when I added it - not sure if they charge for them now.

I haven't read this thread in its entirety (just returned home from b2b on Emerald and trying to catch up), but it seems unfair to give "either/or credit." We have CCL stock, plus retired military. Just my thought!

Shirley

I am happy for any credit and say "thank you," it's voluntary from Princess and a great PR move and terrific appreciation for all who have served in the military.

I am happy for any credit and say "thank you," it's voluntary from Princess and a great PR move and terrific appreciation for all who have served in the military.

I did not mean to imply that I was not grateful. I, too, am thankful for any OBC and think it's great that Princess is recognizing the military. I was just stating that many military active duty and retirees (often both spouses are retired military) own CCL stock.

Shirley

I can verify that the military on board credit is REAL. both myself and my father in law has received the credit and we only applied for it last week. I received an email from Liza from Shareholder benefits that they OBC were applied. It doesn't matter if final payment was made or not.. since our cruise is on Sept 18th .. and final payment was long ago.. We both got $250 credit.. you do need to send a copy of your military ID and name , ship and booking number and date of cruise to the email address: shareholderbenefit@princess.com

IT WORKS>>>

see anyone else on Coral princess tomorrow in Vancouver... YEAH

Bon Voyage.

i have now sent two separate letters with all the necessary forms to the above address for my nov. cruise on the golden and have heard nothing....

I know its been said that the credit isn't showing up until after final payment is due...but has anyone received their credit before final payment? and is it reflected on the OBC section on the cruise personalizer? I just got an updated reservation from Princess and the only change that I can see is the addition of the OBC, just to hubby's account. But we are months from final payment. Just curious.

i have now sent two separate letters with all the necessary forms to the above address for my nov. cruise on the golden and have heard nothing....

i decided to call liza at princess and got her voicemail. she returned my call the same day and the obc has been applied. it is not on my personalizer and since i am working with my ta, it is reflected on my statement from him. thank you princess.

I know its been said that the credit isn't showing up until after final payment is due...but has anyone received their credit before final payment? and is it reflected on the OBC section on the cruise personalizer? I just got an updated reservation from Princess and the only change that I can see is the addition of the OBC, just to hubby's account. But we are months from final payment. Just curious.

Since your status as military will never change as a shareholder owners status could change before the cruise(not owning the stock) this is probably why Liz is able to credit you with the OBC before final payment.

Now if you go into "my Pincess" look down the left hand column. If you have a "Circle Savings Account" listed there, click on the "view details" link. Go down that page to "Account Summary" and there are two tabs. Click on "Onboard Credits" If it is going to be listed, it will be here with a reference number, description, and cruise booking it is applied to. (At least this is how our CCL stockholder OBC shows up). If any of you find it there post here so those getting the military OBC will know.

My cruise is paid in full and since this is my first cruise with Princess, the OBC's don't show up under the "My Princess" section. I booked with a private cruise company, so I just called them and they looked up my booking number and my OBC's showed up in their records. They emailed me a copy. So...if you've paid in full and booked with a TA and you want documentation of your OBC...call them.

I tried to look, but its not in my circle its in hubby's and he doesn't have his own log in, so I tried to create him one and log in...but it wouldn't let me as that email was already active...blah blah blah. I suppose it doesn't really matter...any extra credit is fine with me, and in conjunction with the recent price drop it was tough to decide to take the savings or upgrade our room...or something.

Since your status as military will never change as a shareholder owners status could change before the cruise(not owning the stock) this is probably why Liz is able to credit you with the OBC before final payment.

Now if you go into "my Pincess" look down the left hand column. If you have a "Circle Savings Account" listed there, click on the "view details" link. Go down that page to "Account Summary" and there are two tabs. Click on "Onboard Credits" If it is going to be listed, it will be here with a reference number, description, and cruise booking it is applied to. (At least this is how our CCL stockholder OBC shows up). If any of you find it there post here so those getting the military OBC will know.

my military obc is and will not be showing up there according to liz.

I tried to look, but its not in my circle its in hubby's and he doesn't have his own log in, so I tried to create him one and log in...but it wouldn't let me as that email was already active...blah blah blah. I suppose it doesn't really matter...any extra credit is fine with me, and in conjunction with the recent price drop it was tough to decide to take the savings or upgrade our room...or something.

If that e-mail is active call Princess Captains Circle and have them help you with sign in. It may be that it is in use because he has an account. You also want to make sure he only has one Captains Circle number so you get all your cruises credited to his account properly.

We were talking with our TA yesterday about this discount and she hadn't heard of it. She got on the phone with Princess and found out that the OBC is for veterans as well as retired/active duty.

We will be getting an OBC of $100. :)

Thank you to the OP for posting about this program

I'm too lazy to wade through all 11 pages of this thread to see if this info had been posted. Sorry if it's been posted. Here is my response, posted last week, to a message in the Golden Princess Roll Call for April 27th sailing.

Cheers, VegasPier

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallulahbel

Special notice for US & Canadian Veterans on our cruise

Some of you may already be aware of this, but it bears repeating for those who haven't. Princess has very recently revamped their Military Veterans Onboard Credit program, and now is the time to apply for the credit. For this particular cruise, you would receive a shipboard credit of $250 per cabin (not per person).

Liza McDaniel

lmcdanielATprincesscruisesDOTcom

Phone # 800-872-6779 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 800-872-6779 end_of_the_skype_highlighting x 30305

Fax # 661-753-0151

Snail-mail:

Yield Management

att: Liza McDaniel

24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

end quote.

I spoke with Lisa McDonald today and she told me that she is just now looking at October cruises so don’t expect any action on this cruise in the near future.

Also, she informed me that the correct e-mail address is: Shareholderbenefit at princesscruises dot com . She also said that she doesn’t know if the offer will be extended into 2012. It’s still a go for 2011 however.

Cheers, VegasPier

Hi all,

I have decided to send an email and ask the question about UK military. I served 15 years and was then medically discharged. I don't hold out much hope as the UK customers are never treated as equals in these matters.

Good luck to all of you who have managed to get this. It is nice to be recognised by someone for doing a hard job for lousy wages.

Matthew

wow! this is great news! does anyone know if one can get obc as a retired military and also the OBC for being CCL shareholder? or are they mutually exclusive programs?

thanks!

cruiselovers20

Nope you can only have one. The OBC for military service is good through 2011 per Liza but maybe not for 2012. My TA said that she also heard it may only be for a limited time - so who knows for sure.

Thanks so much to all of you who posted info on the retired military OBC. My husband retired from the National Guard after 20 years and we have a cruise coming up in Dec. After reading all the posts about this over the weekend, we went to see our TA first thing yesterday morning. We had a call from her this afternoon that Princess has confirmed a $250 credit! Yippee!! CC is great!!

Archived