FYI new military program finally

cacy6893076

Do I understand this correctly in that the OBC will "not" show up until "after" final payment ?

:confused:

earnied

I dont know if it shows up at all. Ours hasnt. We did get the email confirming we got it for our 9/19 sailing....so I printed the email just incase.

I dont know if it shows up at all. Ours hasnt. We did get the email confirming we got it for our 9/19 sailing....so I printed the email just incase.

If this works like the shareholder's credit does, you'll be able to see the credit by going into your Captain's Circle account on the Princess site. Go to "Circle Savings" and then click "Onboard Credits" (note: NOT Cruise Credits), and read down the list to see if the credit has been applied.:cool:

If this works like the shareholder's credit does, you'll be able to see the credit by going into your Captain's Circle account on the Princess site. Go to "Circle Savings" and then click "Onboard Credits" (note: NOT Cruise Credits), and read down the list to see if the credit has been applied.:cool:

Thanks....but still not showing for me. I have the email so I should be okay.

Have read through most of this thread, and just want to share what Princess has told me.

As of this month, Princess has a new OBC for all US and Canadian veterans who served a minimum of 2 years active duty and received an honorable discharge (also a provision if you served in war zone for more than 6 months). The amount is dependent upon length of cruise and mirrors the shareholder OBC. Limit of one per cabin per cruise; ie. can't stack with shareholder OBC and if even both passengers qualify, still only get one OBC per cabin.

Also, I was told there's no limit on how many of these are issued per sailing; if you qualify, and send in all the required proof, you get it.

You need to send (by mail, fax or email): a copy of your DD214, a current photo and your booking number.

My husband said he would rather do the shareholders credit because there was too much information on the DD214. We have both shareholder and military OBC. There are two of us and I do understand one per cabin. I love getting OBC's, but I do understand that Princess is a company that needs to make a profit also. We all want a deal, but sometimes I think we get too greedy for our own good.

Princess does not need anyone's social security #. White it out

before you forward your DD 214!!!!!

Interesting--so if a husband and wife who both served, only one would be able to claim it.

I hate to fax them a copy of DD214 and an ID card with social security numbers on them. Wonder if I can white those out and the offer would still be good, at least for one of us?

It is a nice benefit and another reason to stay with Princess.

White out your social security number!

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but I just found this thread.

I'll go check the Princess website for details, but in the meantime, can you still send in the documentation and get this OBC if you're already booked and made final payment?

Of course you can. Most of the posters on here already have a cruise booked and are looking to get the OBC for it. I don't believe all have made final payment though. I do believe you can still request the credit even if you haven't made final payment, but it probably won't show up in your cruise personalizer section until final payment is made. Not 100% sure about that though.

For those of you who have faxed in your info, did you get a reply back saying that you will get the OCB? If you did, did it come in the form of an email or phone call, or just how did you find out if you were receiving it? I faxed DH info in on Fri and haven't heard anything yet. We did not book through PCL, so can't check My Personalizer. Could I call my TA?

Thanks for the help.

For those of you who have faxed in your info, did you get a reply back saying that you will get the OCB? If you did, did it come in the form of an email or phone call, or just how did you find out if you were receiving it? I faxed DH info in on Fri and haven't heard anything yet. We did not book through PCL, so can't check My Personalizer. Could I call my TA?

Thanks for the help.

Did you include your email address in the fax? I faxed mine first but she could not read one of the documents and she emailed me right away and told and asked if I could refax or email the docs. I had included my email address on the fax cover sheet.

Anyway after I resent her the docs by email she replied with an email saying I would get the 100.00 OBC. That all happened in the same day!

We did not book through PCL, so can't check My Personalizer.

You can check your personalizer (or Captain Circle account also) even if you booked through a travel agent.

Booking through a travel agent just means that the personalizer will not have the payment information it would have it you booked directly with Princess.

Thanks for the help.

I Talked with my TA and she told me to FAX the information My Booking #, My Ship , the Sailing Date and a copy of my DD214. I did it and let her know that I had. She then called princess and got a conformation that I was eligible. She then called them back the following morning and got a FAX from Princess With a new Booking Conformation showing my $250.00 OBC. She then FAX ed a copy to me.

Just received a return call from Liza McDaniel. Most of the information posted here to date seems to be accurate. Just thought I would add that she said she was currently processing for September departures. She was very professional, pleasant, and helpful, and said that she'd received about 500 requests since the program was introduced 3 weeks ago. Very generous offer from Princess and great PR for them too. Much appreciated, and thanks to OP for starting the feeding frenzy!

Archived