FYI new military program finally

cacy6893076

FYI, the additional OBC is now showing on my Cruise Personalizer for our upcoming cruise which is October 13.

The second one that we have booked for next May has not been updated yet. Thanks Liza. You're doing a great job! :)

For Monty'sMomandDad go to your Cruise Personalizer and select "View Balance and Make Payment" OBC is listed on the left side.

FYI, the additional OBC is now showing on my Cruise Personalizer for our upcoming cruise which is October 13.

The second one that we have booked for next May has not been updated yet. Thanks Liza. You're doing a great job! :)

For Monty'sMomandDad go to your Cruise Personalizer and select "View Balance and Make Payment" OBC is listed on the left side.

If this is anything like the stockholder credit, it will not be applied until final payment has been made on the cruise. So, for May, it will be awhile before it shows up. IF the credit is similar to the stockholder credit that is. ;)

Someone wrote that you could check your OBC's on the cruise personalizer under "view balance and make payment", but what if you've already paid in full? Is there anyway to check it on the personalizer? I'm going to take a copy of the email with me on the ship, just in case. But I would like to have the ability to check it before hand.

Just hung up with Kathryn, a very nice young woman, who informed me that the OBC is per cabin not per person. I repeated this back to her and again she said "Yes, per cabin."

Interesting--so if a husband and wife who both served, only one would be able to claim it.

I hate to fax them a copy of DD214 and an ID card with social security numbers on them. Wonder if I can white those out and the offer would still be good, at least for one of us?

It is a nice benefit and another reason to stay with Princess.

Interesting--so if a husband and wife who both served, only one would be able to claim it.

I hate to fax them a copy of DD214 and an ID card with social security numbers on them. Wonder if I can white those out and the offer would still be good, at least for one of us?

My husband said he would rather do the shareholders credit because there was too much information on the DD214. We have both shareholder and military OBC. There are two of us and I do understand one per cabin. I love getting OBC's, but I do understand that Princess is a company that needs to make a profit also. We all want a deal, but sometimes I think we get too greedy for our own good.

If this is anything like the stockholder credit, it will not be applied until final payment has been made on the cruise. So, for May, it will be awhile before it shows up. IF the credit is similar to the stockholder credit that is. ;)

Toto,

Good information. I'm confident it will show up in due time. But just in case my mind wanders and I look for it earlier than that I'll just remember your comment.

Oh yes, for those that worry about the information on the DD form 214. Most vets have put a copy in their courthouse public records as a backup to a lost document. So it would be available to the public anyway. I say not to worry. Also, I think there are reports that some people sent only a copy of their ID card. Whichever you use good luck on the OBC. :)

I fax'd mine on Wednesday, still no confirmation. I included my email address in case there were any questions or problems. Guess they are overwhelmed with requests right now

Hi Rhobri- I came home from work this evening and i had the email waiting for me!!! $100 yippy!! Im so happy!! thank you OP and to Princess and all our vets!!

Regarding faxing a paper with SS#-

I am sure if you prefer to cover over where your SS# is, before you fax it-

it would not cause rejection of your credit as it is obvious it is a valid form and the rest of the info is visible as a government issued form.

Just my thoughts,

bernadette

Does anyone know if the military OBC would be applicable for a widow of a retired military who has proper ID?

We were talking about this just last night. We have a dear friend (widow of an AF chaplain) who we would live to join us on a Princess cruise in January. I don't have an answer to this. We received our credit with just DH's ID, but it seems most are being asked to supply DD214, which a military widow-er would not have in their own name.

You know, there are married servicemembers. It's not just one or the other anymore. LOL

My husband has his retired ID card, as do I.

Okay....I dont know why you directed that at me. That was a response I gave to someone.

And I am aware of that since my inlaws were both in the military. As was my huband, son, and father.

The comment was in regards to whom the benefit was for. It is for those who served in the military....and meet certain criteria.

Yes you can whiteout or blackout the SS info. I didnt and was told that I should of. Liza said that they do not hold the info and she would destroy it.

And yes...I also heard somewhere that it was a per cabin not per person benefit.

Love your name...ILOVENC Where in NC do you live?

Can someone answer the question about being able to locate your OBC's on the cruise personalizer. Someone said you could, but that was under the "view balance, make a payment" section. Is there anywhere to check it once you've paid in full?

Thanks for the info FLYER! I think we are on the same upcoming cruise, Golden, Oct. 13. Just around the corner.

Yes you can whiteout or blackout the SS info. I didnt and was told that I should of. Liza said that they do not hold the info and she would destroy it.

And yes...I also heard somewhere that it was a per cabin not per person benefit.

Thanks!

Lani

Liza said that she did not know about HAL (so I assume Carnival too). Does anyone know the "Liza" is at HAL or Carnival?

As an aside...I hear you all about sensitivity regarding military spouses (who were formerly call military WIVES until the media started wising up about just who made up today's military). I used to hate hearing about our "young men and women" serving in the Iraq war. DH was in his mid 50s, for Pete's sake!! And there were plenty like him who had done their 20 and would have liked to retire, but weren't allowed to because of the stop loss. They aren't all young, and they aren't all men!

Archived