FYI new military program finally

cacy6893076

As the initial shot over the bow I just sent this to Princess

"

First let me thank you for the prompt response I had getting my share holder credit posted to my account on my upcoming Asia cruise 19 Nov 10. Now my displeasure. I was delighted to see that you had reinstated the OBC for military members. Well done on your part. My question is why can’t I have both? Please tell me what being an investor in your company has to do with defending your right to have a public company and not one owned by the state? Nothing at all in my mind. I ask that you reconsider this policy and reward all service personnel equally regardless of their status as an investor in your company or not. I trust you with my money, you trust me with you ability to exist as you do now. Please do what is only fair. "

As Carnival, the owners of Princess, is both a US (Corp) and a British ( PLC ) company it might have been fair for British military to have been included. I don't know any cruise line I have ever booked on which does include British military in reduced prices or OBC.

I emailed my info last week and hadn't heard anything, so I left Liza a vm yesterday. She called me back today and said she isn't processing any 2011 trips yet. I can understand that she's been flooded with requests. I'm just impatient is all- but will wait for confirmation later in the year, I guess.

We got the military OBC. For us it was $100. I want to thank all here who posted info to help me get the OBC. Than you to the OP who started the thread.

I want to thank Lisa at Princess for helping me through it. She is a very nice person and Princess should be very happy to have such a great person working for them. Than you Lisa .

Maria

If I overlooked a posting with Liza's phone number, I apologize. Of those who spoke with Liza, does anyone have her phone number? Thanks to all who have shared this information and a BIG thanks to Princess for recognizing and honoring our military members. I reserve my BIGGEST thanks for those who served and sacrificed so much--you deserve this recognition and so much more!

Liza's telephone number is 661-753-0305 and her fax number is 1-661-753-0151. I called her today, left a message, she returned my call, I faxed her the required documents and we just received an email awarding us our $100 cruise credit for our October cruise. This was service 'with a smile' and what a rapid response!

Good luck to you too.

Donna

We're cruising on Ocean Princess in 2 weeks in the Med. When I read about this OBC, I notified my cousin who had 2 yrs in military. She got her email response w/in 48 hours and the $100. OBC. I have another cousin who is going with us on the Coral in Jan through Panama Canal...longer cruise. He just emailed in his info for his $250.00 OBC. What a nice benefit and thanks to all those who posted this info. Would have never known about it otherwise!

As Carnival, the owners of Princess, is both a US (Corp) and a British ( PLC ) company it might have been fair for British military to have been included. I don't know any cruise line I have ever booked on which does include British military in reduced prices or OBC.

Totally agree!

I emailed my info last week and hadn't heard anything, so I left Liza a vm yesterday. She called me back today and said she isn't processing any 2011 trips yet. I can understand that she's been flooded with requests. I'm just impatient is all- but will wait for confirmation later in the year, I guess.

That's odd. My cruise is June 2011 and Yield Management has processed and approved my request (faxed it Sept 9). I confirmed that by phone.

Maybe "Shirley" isn't the only person processing requests.

That's odd. My cruise is June 2011 and Yield Management has processed and approved my request (faxed it Sept 9). I confirmed that by phone.

Maybe "Shirley" isn't the only person processing requests.

My TA cruise on the Ruby isn't until Oct 2011 and I haven't received any notification as of today. I sent in my docs via email on 9/11 late in the evening. I also emailed her yesterday concerning this and informed her (Liza) that I would just like to receive email confirmation that you received my request. I don't mind the wait to get the OBC, I just want confirmation they got my request in the first place.

Does anyone know if this can be combined with stockholders OBC? I have the stock in my name and my husband is retired military.

Thanks for the help,

Bonnie

NO. This was addressed in another thread and the direct answer from Liza was that will not combine the OBC's, it's one or the other.

For those of you who have faxed in your info, did you get a reply back saying that you will get the OCB? If you did, did it come in the form of an email or phone call, or just how did you find out if you were receiving it? I faxed DH info in on Fri and haven't heard anything yet. We did not book through PCL, so can't check My Personalizer. Could I call my TA?

Thanks for the help.

It does not matter how you booked your cruise; you still have a

Princess account. Log in at www.princess.com & you will

be able to access your account information.

Joanne

I e-mailed the required documentation to Liza on Monday, 9-13-10, for our Feb '11 cruise. I re-booked our cruise today to take advantage of reduced fares with bonus of OBC. As a result, a new booking/confirmation number was issued. I was waiting to receive my confirmation e-mail from the TA before notifying Liza of the changed booking/confirmtion number. Before I received the confirmation from the TA, I received an e-mail from Liza saying military appreciation OBC would be applied to my new booking/confirmation number once final payment is received! If this example of exceptional customer service is the norm for Princess, I am certain our first Princess cruise will make us repeat Princess cruisers!

My thanks to all who have shared information on this thread.

Archived