Is there a formal night on 3 night cruises?

I thought I had read here that the 3 nighters no longer have a formal night, but I just printed our cruise docs out and it says there is 1 formal night on cruises that are 3 - 5 nights in length. Can any recent 3 night cruisers comment on their experience? I did a search but of course can't find the original thread I read...

Thanks!

Yes, your second night will be the official formal night. However, on these shorty cruises, formal night is only for those who really wanna get dressed up. Maybe 35%(+/-) will be dressed to the 9's. Want an elegant picture with the captain? Dress up. If you wanna go casual, do it. Go to the dining room. No worries there.

Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

We're just back from the 3-day cruise on Monarch. Two nights were casual, and one was smart casual.

Just returned from The Majesty, 2nd night is formal. Most guest actually dressed formal.

Hmm...I wonder if it depends on the ship? Looks like we will be bringing a suit for DH either way...

Thanks for everyone's replies, I'm glad I double checked!

Will it be awkward if we dress formal! And it is not?

No, it will not be awkward. :) You will find that even though the 3 night Monarch cruise is "smart casual" on formal night that there will be other people dressed to the nines if for no other reason but pictures.

At least thats the way it was in May anyway. I was really surprised at the number of suits, tuxes and elegant dresses I seen.

You will not be the only two on the ship that choose to dress up for dinner :)

Yes, your second night will be the official formal night. However, on these shorty cruises, formal night is only for those who really wanna get dressed up. Maybe 35%(+/-) will be dressed to the 9's. Want an elegant picture with the captain? Dress up. If you wanna go casual, do it. Go to the dining room. No worries there.

Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

On 3-4 day cruises, we pack light so I'll bring a button down shirt and tie, wear the kakhi pants from the night before. At least its not cut off demin shorts :)

Archived