Ways to mark luggage for easier identification?

twoforcruise

I now own hard sided Heys luggage in Red. I use removable wall stickers from the dollar store on them to make them stand out.

They last a few flights and then I switch them.

Started with frogs, then a pirate theme. I just bought butterflies for our September cruise.

We use odd patterned duck tape. Last trip, I think we slapped on some purple and pink pirate tape.

I think it will be pink Hello Kitty tape for our next cruise. I hate gumming up brand new luggage, but when you travel with 6, there's a lot of luggage to risk losing. Plus, it helps us to make sure we've grabbed all the "Hello Kitty " when extended family helps us carry bags. Much easier to tell them to grab all the Hello Kitty taped bags than to try and point the bags out one by one.

Great ideas and tips!

Jennifer

We use odd patterned duck tape. Last trip, I think we slapped on some purple and pink pirate tape.

I think it will be pink Hello Kitty tape for our next cruise. I hate gumming up brand new luggage, but when you travel with 6, there's a lot of luggage to risk losing. Plus, it helps us to make sure we've grabbed all the "Hello Kitty " when extended family helps us carry bags. Much easier to tell them to grab all the Hello Kitty taped bags than to try and point the bags out one by one.

Great ideas and tips!

Jennifer

I have seen Hello Kitty tape on bags twice in the past two months. So unless you have been traveling to/from LAX and AUS, be sure to remind those grabbing Hello Kitty taped bags to check the tag and be sure it is yours!

Isn't it funny how a thread from 6 years ago is back, but here is my take!

My trick now is too avoid black luggage like the plague.

I do have a 16 year old upright Samsonite EZ cart, the first version with shelves etc. so although it is black there are not any like it out there, I love it to death. I actually have 2 and cannot bear to part with them. I stick a scarf around the handles and have unique tags on them just in case.

As I mentioned above, I try to avoid black luggage now and I have just bought an extra 3 cases this month whilst on a trip to UK, I had a lot of shopping!!!!! I bought a generic make hard shell spinner powder blue set with lovely flowers on them, sounds horrendous but they are nice so I don't have to worry about those too much and I then bought a Roncato in cerise so again not too many around this end.

Just remembered last month before I left for UK, I also bought a purple Atlantic spinner and a Delsey roll on in cerise for a convention trip by car, so hopefully won't lose those either but more scarfs required!

I also have I-Trak on every piece of luggage and valuables I own when travelling. I had something returned to me I left in a loo at MCO 12 years ago and I have never looked back when it comes to renewing it. The labels should prevent folks from taking the wrong suitcase but at least there is an easy POC if it does go home to the wrong house!

Oh just remembered I have a tartan suitcase cover too, not used it yet! It's a kilt with a sporran in blackwatch tartan, not classy but won't be too many of those around, lol!

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

• 1 month later...
I use those mesh/gauze bath sponges with the rope loop on them. Just attach it to the handle of my suitcase and I can see it a mile away...especially the bright colors.

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4191867&cp=2484525

I use those on my luggage; makes spotting my bags so much easier at the baggage claim.

Our boring black luggage now resembles a bumblebee. Yellow duct tape stripes.

Interconnecting circles would also have worked!

We use nail polish to decorate our bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I bought bandanas to tie on the handles. They come in all colors.I got bright lime green. They have them for $1. At Walmart. Works great!

We've done the same - ours are bright neon green, as are the luggage tags. However, on our last cruise in May, someone else tried to get OUR luggage. Fortunately my husband was standing right there when the lady grabbed it, and he said "are you sure that's yours?", to which she replied "why yes". He told her to look again. She then realized it was not hers. Thank goodness he saw her. I think I may add some bright green tape to ours.