What Fashion "Rules" do You Break?

TerriSea

Some rules of fashion just don't make sense anymore.

I wear white all year.

I wear capris even though I am petite.

I like long sweeping skirts that are mid-calf, when rules say I am 1) too old and 2) too short for a such a "matronly" length.

What rules do you break and why? :D Go ahead, shock me....:D :eek:

As a man I don't follow "fashion" so I'm unconcerned with it's rules.

There are , however, a couple of Style Rules I ignore.

I will wear cuff links with a odd jacket.

I will wear button down collard shirts with a suit.

Hmmmm .... rule breaking ...

We recently moved to Atlanta after living in Florida for almost a decade. If it's 90 degrees here you can bet I'm going to wear my white pants after Labour Day!

I wear capris and cropped pants even though I have major cankles.

I wear sparkly jewellery during the day (but not sequined clothes). I'm like a bird --- drawn to shiny objects!

Some rules of fashion just don't make sense anymore.

I wear white all year.

I wear capris even though I am petite.

I like long sweeping skirts that are mid-calf, when rules say I am 1) too old and 2) too short for a such a "matronly" length.

What rules do you break and why? :D Go ahead, shock me....:D :eek:

Me too! I probably break all of them. Rarely does my purse match my shoes or anything else for that matter.

Not really a fashion rule, but I am a winter with a love of cognac colored boots. I buy tan/taupe sweaters and jackets (not always in the perfect shade of taupe for winters) and layer them with winter colored T's and Turtlenecks (bright white, purple, winter green and red work well for this) when the weather gets cold so that I can wear all my cognac colored winter boots (and buy more of them if necessary).

While i am really good at staying "in season" for my colors in the summer, my winter wardrobe is a bit schizophrenic as a result.

Ahhhhh, the pleasures of being old.. I wear what I want, what is comfy, and to hell with everyones opinion.

Hawaiian shirts are my everyday wear. Various colored capri's to match. White anytime I feel like it. Horrible old lady shoes... I can be as color blind as I want.

I'm big, brassy and there's no way to hide it so, I just go with it.

I sure have never been accused of being petite...LOL:D

Who makes the rules?

The fashion gods, of course.:p

You are grown-ups. Wear what you want and to hell with what people think. If all they have to worry about is what other folk wear, then they are the saddos!!

Yep, we are adults so we can choose whether or not we want to worry what someone else thinks.;) Plus, we know when a thread is lighthearted and just looking for some fun.:D

The fashion gods, of course.:p

Yep, we are adults so we can choose whether or not we want to worry what someone else thinks.;) Plus, we know when a thread is lighthearted and just looking for some fun.:D

One can never tell with all the "Labor Day" nonsense. ;)

I'm on the downside of 50. My summer wardrobe is shorts, Tshirts and either my trail runners or my hiking boots. In the fall, it's well-worn jeans, Tshirts, fleece, and either my trail runners or my hiking boots. In the winter, it's well-worn jeans, long-sleeve Tshirts, fleece, down, and my Sorels. Spring = fall...

I keep buying other things, but I keep going back to my standards. I have a closet full of dresses and skirts, but I never seem to ever wear them....

I do a bunch of the things mentioned (mostly at home), but my worst is probably (oh, the horror) wearing socks with my slip-on sandals or berkies.

I swear, it's only at home and usually only towards the end of the day. I have tender feet, bad feet (bunions) and other foot problems, so at times the socks are a comfort.

My feet are so tender I have to wear socks inside out or I get blisters and sore areas from the terry cloth.

I do wear running shorts, tank tops, white after Labor Day (but not much) and other supposed no-no's for ladies of 65.

Egads, if you saw me go to work (job #1) you would see so many "rules" broken. I wear white sneakers with shorts and jeans. I have a job with heavy lifting and lots of walking, my feet would be dead if I wore shoes with no support. However, I don't think of myself as being any kind of "fashionable" at my job 1.

I will wear white after Labor Day and before Memorial Day. I wear open toed shoes in the dead of winter, heck we have days here in the 80's in January or February some years.

I wear shorts and my legs aren't perfect and I don't care if it's for my comfort. I'd not wear short shorts or short mini skirts, but I stopped doing that when I left my teens a long time ago. That is one rule that should be universal no matter what your legs look like.

I'm sure there is a lot more. Oh, my fingernails and my toenails don't match. I rarely try to match a shoe and a purse...to Jr. League for me.

Archived