Internet access

CherylFP

Hi,

A while ago I posted a message about the cheapest way to obtain the maximum Internet access. One person kindly told me to go onto the Princess web site and gift an Internet package to myself. 580 minutes for $178.95 was the best I could see, which includes 80 free minutes.

When we were on the Diamond Princess last time there was a special for the first day for Internet usage and I am wondering if anyone has this information and how it compares.

Unfortunately I have to work while on holiday - but it is our own business so to our benefit!

Many thanks.

Cheryl

I believe the first day bonus depends on the package:

100 minutes = 10 minutes bonus

150 = 20

250 = 30

500 = 40.

The bonus for purchasing online before the cruise is double.

Yes, I believe this is correct. And, while it seems we've always received the bonus minutes, I recently read on CC that the decision to give them is up to the ship's internet manager and that it is not always offered on all ships. Not sure if this is true???

Yes, I believe this is correct. And, while it seems we've always received the bonus minutes, I recently read on CC that the decision to give them is up to the ship's internet manager and that it is not always offered on all ships. Not sure if this is true???

Those who do not receive the bonus minutes the first day are those platinum and elite passengers who purchase a "free" internet package.

No. If you have to PAY for the internet, you get the first day bonus.

The first day bonus is taken away from Plat and Elites with the "free" internet package is purchased. We still go through the process to purchase the package, and the charge is reversed on the Plats / Elites accounts after overnight processing.

No. If you have to PAY for the internet, you get the first day bonus.

The first day bonus is taken away from Plat and Elites with the "free" internet package is purchased. We still go through the process to purchase the package, and the charge is reversed on the Plats / Elites accounts after overnight processing.

If you purchase the package that is equal to your platinum/elite benefit, you do not get the free minutes. If you purchase the next larger package, you do get the bonus minutes, and your credit is still deducted on your bill. Now, on Emerald I had to remind the IT guy that I was due the bonus minutes. EM

Those who do not receive the bonus minutes the first day are those platinum and elite passengers who purchase a "free" internet package.

I'm Platinum, and I've received the bonus minutes!! That also, I think, is up to the internet manager.

I'm Platinum, and I've received the bonus minutes!! That also, I think, is up to the internet manager.

It was kind of hit & miss up until 4 or 5 months ago when they made a decision to not give out the bonus minutes across the fleet....or so I've heard. We got them in Jan on the Grand and didn't receive them on the Emerald in May. I'll sign up on the first day either way just in case an individual internet manager decides to give them out on his ship.

Archived