Is that first drink really free on Celebrity Solstice?

The Floaties

The glass of bubbly offered to you as you board the ship is on the house. Any of those pretty drinks offered to you anywhere else on the ship are NOT FREE! The exception may be a drink offered to you for the Captain's welcome toast the first formal night.

The state room is free, that first drink costs a bundle!!

darn, you beat me to it.. I was gonna say the stateroom is free but that glass of champagne is $2049 pp:D

OP, it's one of great little touches on celebrity, sets the stage for a fantastic voyage! Have fun:)

Thanks for the comments----we can't wait. But I do have one more question. When you guys say OP I know you are referring to the person who wrote the question, but what does "OP" mean? :confused:

Thanks, one more time.

darn, you beat me to it.. I was gonna say the stateroom is free but that glass of champagne is $2049 pp:D

OP, it's one of great little touches on celebrity, sets the stage for a fantastic voyage! Have fun:)

The Welcome Aboard Champagne and Mimosas are free. There will also be free champagne the evening of the Captain's toast. Usually there are waiters standing by the entrance to the theater offering the Champagne before the toast.

Those are the only free-drink occasions that I know of. There may be others, such as elite member parties, but I think those are the only occasions that include everyone.

Have a wonderful trip!

Another nice touch for drinks (though non-alcoholic drinks) is the cold lemonade, punch and water offered at the entrance to the ship after a very hot day in port, accompanied by an icy cold facecloth. When several ships are in port we always see passengers of other lines eyeing this little set-up with envy.

Another nice touch for drinks (though non-alcoholic drinks) is the cold lemonade' date=' punch and water offered at the entrance to the ship after a very hot day in port, accompanied by an icy cold facecloth. When several ships are in port we always see passengers of other lines eyeing this little set-up with envy.[/quote']

I have to say that I am looking forward to this. I have sailed X once prior, but it was to Alaska, did not really need the ice cold towles there!

Hi,

Of course, these little extras technically are not free (their cost is included in the cruise fare), but it is nice having these extra items at no extra charge. Typically, only luxury lines such as Crystal provide this type of extra (and the cruises are much more expensive). I think it is nice that Celebrity provides these extra items.

Chuck

:rolleyes:Everyone thanks for the help with the questions I have. It sure takes the stress off knowing some of the answers and not having to look so dumb on the cruise.

One more week!!!:cool::p

Have a wonderful trip!

Remember today is National Ask a Stupid Question day so I'm getting it all out of my system today:p

I remember my first cruise with my ex over 20 years ago. It was a Carnival ship. And the waiter who brought the "welcome aboard rum punch" did not mention the cost until after handing them to us. I used to see a lot of those cheap glasses in thrift stores.

Free samples are the way that all pushers get you hooked. Drug Dealers do it. So, by comparison, Celebrity is a Cruise Pusher??

Looks like you got a monkey on your back like the rest of us!!:D

So, that's why I get all jittery and irritable if I don't get my fix of at least one cruise a year!

Archived