Executive Chef Dinner

Bill S

Has anyone else experienced HAL's Executive Chef Dinner? If so, how did you like it?

We went to our first one on the Ryndam in September, and it was highly memorable and outstanding. It was hosted by Executive Chef, Peter Kofler and Cellar Master, Charles Rebeiro, both of whom were charming and entertaining.

We were one of 6 couples sitting at the counter in the Culinary Arts Center in the Wajang Theatre. It was an intimate setting, and the food and wines were fantastic. I ate things there that I have never eaten before (and likely will never experience again). The lobster was the best I have ever tasted.

I would recommend it to anyone who appreciates fine dining combined with seeing how your chef prepares each of the 5 courses. DW and I still talk about what a wonderful evening it was.

I did not do the Executive Chef Dinner but I did take the culinary class. It was great. The participants were divided into teams. Mine cooked shrimp with a curried mango butter. The other two teams cooked filet mignon and grilled pineapple. The chef from the Pinnacle Grill led the class. We sampled at the end with nice wines.

kween karen: HAL charged $80 per person for this event. We heard no complaints afterwards from any of the other attendees. Both the Executive Chef and Cellar Master signed our parchment menus, too. Nice momentos of a great evening.

This sounds wonderful! Is it offered on every cruise, and did you have to wait until you boarded to book it? :confused:

My husband and I did the cooking class together on our Alaskan cruise and we thoroughly enjoyed it! The smoked salmon lollipops I learned how to make were served to our family for Thanksgiving. :D (not the actual ones, obviously! ;))

This sounds wonderful! Is it offered on every cruise, and did you have to wait until you boarded to book it? :confused:

My husband and I did the cooking class together on our Alaskan cruise and we thoroughly enjoyed it! The smoked salmon lollipops I learned how to make were served to our family for Thanksgiving. :D (not the actual ones, obviously! ;))

I know you have to wait to book on board as I tried to do it early for my cruise in 6 days :p It used to be called the Sommelier dinner I believe.

It was incredible. I don't know if it is offered on all the cruises. It wasn't on the Zuiderdam last cruise. Usually I see it on longer cruises but it may be dependent on the ship.

My first stop is to the concierge to see if we have it and to book it.

It was worth every penny as far as I was concerned last time and would gladly do it again.:):)

Like you I would like to know which ships that the executive chef dinner is offered on. Would like to participate on the Maasdam if possible.

Was planned to be offered to 16 guests on Day #9 or 10 of our 12n cruise on the Oosterdam for $79 they didn't announce it until a few days prior before it was even put in the newsletter they already had 12 of us booked. Cancelled it within 12hrs of it being advertised and offered those that had signed up to attend Le Cirque which was the night before.

Asked Cellar Master Sameer why it was cancelled & he said they wanted to focus on Le Cirque. Seemed kind of odd as they knew from Day 1 when Le Cirque was. Attended culinary class twice & both were fantastic except the 2nd which had an obnoxious fellow cruiser who had her own opinions of what the recipes should be & couldn't figure out why she attended. but will a little wine & additional effort to ignore her -- had a delightful time

Archived