A Little Help from my Friends Please

regnig

I’m just a bit confused :confused:, although that is sometimes my standard mode of operation, and I'm hoping someone can set the record straight for me. I keep reading statements similar to “I have the steward remove the contents of the refrigerator for us”. Are the refrigerators in NON ELITE staterooms stocked? Prior to our becoming Elite they were not but perhaps it has changed. I’m asking because we have friends who will be 1st time Princess Cruisers and I need to tell them what to expect.

Thanks, Barb

I’m just a bit confused :confused:, although that is sometimes my standard mode of operation, and I'm hoping someone can set the record straight for me. I keep reading statements similar to “I have the steward remove the contents of the refrigerator for us”. Are the refrigerators in NON ELITE staterooms stocked? Prior to our becoming Elite they were not but perhaps it has changed. I’m asking because we have friends who will be 1st time Princess Cruisers and I need to tell them what to expect.

Thanks, Barb

Yes, they are stocked with various cans and mini bar type items (payable) which get in the way of putting your own purchased drinks in, so some people have them removed. You can take them out and put them on the side if they are in the way. :)

I don't recall anything being in the refrigerators prior to becoming ELite.

However, since we are now Elite, we frequently have some soda, water, etc left over and just leave it in the refrig (we take the liquor with us)....possibly that is what other posters may be referring to.

Only on the first Princess cruise were we successful on having the Steward remove the items from the fridge and the room. On every cruise since then, the Steward has either put them off to the side or told us to do that :eek:. I think it might get confusing for the Stewards to remember who's cabin the stuffs been removed from and who has consumed the items. :) We don't even ask any more; we just remove the items ourselves and put them off to the side. We usually have a few other important requests for the Steward on the first day we can't do ourselves.

They are not fully stocked. There is usually a can of diet coke, sprite and coke in there. Plus a large bottle of water on the counter. One cruise was there nothing in there.

We just pull it out and put our own in.

The fridges are often stocked with 4 cans of soda...Coke & Sprite and a large bottle of water which can be purchased. We request the steward to remove them, sometimes he will and other times they are just placed on the table above the fridge.

The steward isn't the one to stock or remove items from the mini bar. You need to call room service. If you ask the steward, that's what he'll do for you but it's so easy to do yourself.

Whether or not the mini frig is stocked, just call room service to either take away or stock the frig with what you want.

They are not fully stocked. There is usually a can of diet coke, sprite and coke in there. Plus a large bottle of water on the counter. One cruise was there nothing in there.

We just pull it out and put our own in.

I am not Elite, but I have (in 7 Princess cruises) ever had anything but the ice bucket in my fridge. Weird.

There are always sodas and water in the cabin for purchase if consumed. Sometimes they are on a tray on the desk. Sometimes they are in the fridge.

All of the above. We are on the Emerald right after you. Perhaps you could leave C742 refig stocked with some Chardonnay:D

All of the above. We are on the Emerald right after you. Perhaps you could leave C742 refig stocked with some Chardonnay:D

We were in C742 on the Emerald's twin, the Ruby... great large deck... here are some pics...note the additional angled area to the left side..

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

Yes, they are stocked with various cans and mini bar type items (payable) which get in the way of putting your own purchased drinks in, so some people have them removed. You can take them out and put them on the side if they are in the way. :)

No, just water and sodas and most of the time they are on top of the fridge cabinet. :)

We were in C742 on the Emerald's twin, the Ruby... great large deck... here are some pics...note the additional angled area to the left side..

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

Thanks so much. Our fav C752/753 were gone so we took this one. It just might become our new favorite cabin.:):D:)

Well darn it all the issue is clear as a bell now - NOT! Appears sometimes there is something more than the standard large bottle of water which has always been in the cabin for purchase and sometimes there isn't.

For those of you who have found items, soda or booze, is there also a price list?

Looks like I'm going to have to tell my friends maybe there will be or maybe there won't be. :eek:

In my experience, canned soda that is warm, then cold, then warm, then cold is not very tasty. Yet we usually find Coke items in our non-Elite fridge. Wonder homw many times they are re-chilled before someone atually consumes them?

We remove them and place on top so we can store our Pepsi products. In Sept, we noticed the large bottled water on the counter still had the "price tag" around the neck, but was half full (half empty). Pointed it out to the steward as to not be charged.

We have had a large bottle of water and several cans of soda in or on our frig on all cruises we have taken in the last 5 years. We have always asked "stewart" to remove them and he has done so on his next visit to make up the room.

Well darn it all the issue is clear as a bell now - NOT! Appears sometimes there is something more than the standard large bottle of water which has always been in the cabin for purchase and sometimes there isn't.

For those of you who have found items, soda or booze, is there also a price list?

Looks like I'm going to have to tell my friends maybe there will be or maybe there won't be.

Hi, Barb,

I just got off the Pacific Princess HolyLand cruise from Venice to Athens. I wanted to trade my elite bar. The bellbox said that the trade is liquor for liquor and soda for soda, so we worked it out.

Last year, on the Star Princess (South America, Buenos Aires to Santiago) the bellbox let me trade all of it for liquor. They just figured out the monetary value of each. The Brandy is most expensive, vodka cheapest.

The "For Sale by Martha Steward" drinks were on top of the refrigerator; however, there were small water bottles, no large water bottle. I did eventually buy a large bottle from the bar outside the dining room because I wanted the cute carrier. In Israel and Egypt, there was never enough water.

The "For Sale by Martha Steward" I put by the front door so they disappeared soon.

I always ask for a larger bucket of ice in addition to the small one in the refrigerator.

Tell your friends to just enquire of their cabin steward.

Well--someone must have our sodas and water--Actually I feel really good when the frig is stocked w/Elite and sometimes Full suite, also--and I sure wish we could get that 2nd Elite set up--that happened only once!! probably will never happen again--I exchange most everything for diet sprite & Diet Coke and trade most of the liquor for vodka if we won't have any friends stop by--I also keep the tonic water--to go with all that vodka I've traded for--I have always waited until day 2 to trade with Room Service--felt guilty troubling room service on the day we boaard--well--on our last cruise on the Emerald I called room service soon ater boarding and there they were--think I'll do it that way again.

Nancy:D

Archived