High Tea on the Freedom?

PirateGal

The closest you'll get is the WJ 3:00pm-5:00pm..They have a nice assortment of tea type sandwiches, scones (cinnamon/sugar etc.) and bread pudding, rice pudding etc..Not high Tea, but not bad, it is what you make of it..:)

Yep, it sure isn't a formal tea service, but on its own terms, it's pretty tasty. This took the place of lunch for us a couple of days when we were getting back midafternoon from a shore excursion.

The bread pudding, in particular, was worth a special trip.

Yep, it sure isn't a formal tea service, but on its own terms, it's pretty tasty. This took the place of lunch for us a couple of days when we were getting back midafternoon from a shore excursion.

The bread pudding, in particular, was worth a special trip.

Thanks for the bread pudding tip. We are sailing this ship in Sept and I do love bread pudding. Now I prefer enjoying it in New Orleans but at sea will do fine as a second choice.

Thanks everyone. Good to know. We'll check out the Windjammer around 3pm. My husband lives for bread pudding.

I've been to the formal MDR afternoon teas on Princess and Carnival so just wanted see if RCL did as well.

love the bread pudding,,have to make a trip every afternoon to get some and other "goodies:.. We were on Princess a couple of years ago and they had a High Tea,,,was very nice if you like tea:D:D

Thanks for the bread pudding tip. We are sailing this ship in Sept and I do love bread pudding. Now I prefer enjoying it in New Orleans but at sea will do fine as a second choice.

Yes YES, it is what you make it. The WJ has all the components of a high tea... missing the formality and the fine china though. YEs absolutley the bread pudding on the FOS was wonderful, vanilla sauce was a little lacking but the pudding was spot on! You can find a speacial area in the WJ and make your own high tea event!:)

Apart from the bone china high tea in WJ is much better than the MDR high Tea offered on Carnival. The scones have always been very good on RCI, wheras on carnival they were not so good. The bread and butter pudding is to die for, and they also have chili and tacos etc. I love high T in WJ. Can't remeber if it is only on on sea days though.

Apart from the bone china high tea in WJ is much better than the MDR high Tea offered on Carnival. The scones have always been very good on RCI, wheras on carnival they were not so good. The bread and butter pudding is to die for, and they also have chili and tacos etc. I love high T in WJ. Can't remeber if it is only on on sea days though.

It's every day....:D

Not to be nit-picky here, but I always appreciate learning something new. I believe the correct term for the goodies, cookies sandwiches, etc. served in the Windjammer is Afternoon Tea. High Tea is served later and is more like a supper (things like sheherd's pie or soup/stew, etc) and is more like a late afternoon or early evening meal. Any Brits out there that can confirm this or let me know if I am wrong (it wouldn't be the first time! lol).

Archived