Wait list? What does this mean???

KathyPet

Thank you all for your comments and advice. I do know that I can book a G cabin and ask to be wait listed for a H but I have doubts about how much effort Regent would want to put into getting me into a H. To be frank if I have already booked a higher cost cabin then they really have no vested interest in getting me into a cabin at a lower cost whereas if I only waitlist with them and do not book anything else then they would definitely want to do all they could to get me into a H or else they lose the revenue completely. Am I wrong here?

Where can you go to see the expensive shore excursions on line????

For the May, 2011 Barcelona to Rome, which I believe is the one, or similar to the one, in which you are interested, go to the rssc.com web site, click on "Destination" choose Mediterranean, and choose the Barcelona to Rome cruise -- click on "View Cruise".

There are tabs under the itinerary map; one of them is labeled "Ports and Excursions". Choose that, then click in the drop-down box stating "View other ports in itinerary". Choose a port, such as Provence (Marseilles). You will be greeted with a list of excursions. Look at each one in turn. It will describe the excursion, list the length of time, indicate the retail price, and then indicate your cost. In the specific case of Provence (above), there are 6 excursions listed. Five of them have varying retain prices up to $199, but are free -- in other words, they are included in the fare. One of them, "A Day in Provence", covers 8 hours, has a list price of $249, and has an added cost to you of $109.

Do that for each port, and you will have a pretty good idea of what is available and how much extra, if anything, it might cost you.

I'm taking the same $99 per person additional cost excursion as Wendy in December, and I can assure you she was being mildly sarcastic at the term "whopping" $200 for a couple for the entire cruise.

Kathy, I have been on a waiting list for a "downgrade" (I prefer being lower on the ship) before and it has come through twice, but a long time ago, and I did have a deposit, which put me higher on the waitlist than those who did not.

It seems these days, I usually book a GTY (guarantee)

I'm taking the same $99 per person additional cost excursion as Wendy in December, and I can assure you she was being mildly sarcastic at the term "whopping" $200 for a couple for the entire cruise.

Thanks for catching that, Don. It's tough to convey irony online, isn't it?

I think I will contact ny travel agent on Monday and ask her to have me wait listed on Regent for a H cabin on the Set 3rd sailing. If I need to make a deposit I will. I assume that this is refunded if they cannot offer me anything. I feel comfortable doing this since I already am booked on Oceania. One way or another I will be cruising next fall. The only question is who is will I be cruising with!

Hint: When you get to the page that lists all of the excursions, take note of the icons shown ... the ones indicating the type/difficulty of excursion. If there is a "binocular" icon, these are the ones that bear extra cost.

We've been to Alaska twice on the Mariner which is all balcomy. The Navigator is NOT all balcony. There is also no forward lounge - there is a viewing lounge aft. I love the Navigator, but, for the Alaksa Itinerary, I would heavily consider having a balcony for viewing. When you are sailing in some of the glacier areas, you can have a private viewing spot. We saw sea otters, sheep and sea lions up close on our H cabin on Mariner because we were on the balcony. We were close enough to photograph them

There is an administrative charge of $100 pp to cancel after a deposit has been made.

So after I gave them a $1000.oo Deposit for Mrs Banjo & myself to get on the wait list will I be charged the $100.oo admin fee if we choose not to wait and get off the wait list? :confused:

Having just been confirmed from a wait list, I can say that NO - you are only charged the administrative fee when you cancel after booking. You can remove yourself from the wait list at any time. Sorry for the confusing post. I re-read it, and I can see why you interpreted as being charged from cancelling from the wait list.

Woo Hoo! I contaqcted my travel agent on Monday and asked her to wait list me for a H cabin on the Mariner for the Barcelona/Rome cruise. We were wait list only. We did not book a higher level and asked to be moved down. We were content to just be on the wait list. I just got off the phone with my travel agent. Regent cleared our wait list already! Do you believe it?

So looking for forward to our first Regent Cruise!

Woo Hoo! I contaqcted my travel agent on Monday and asked her to wait list me for a H cabin on the Mariner for the Barcelona/Rome cruise. We were wait list only. We did not book a higher level and asked to be moved down. We were content to just be on the wait list. I just got off the phone with my travel agent. Regent cleared our wait list already! Do you believe it?

So looking for forward to our first Regent Cruise!

Congratulations on your good fortune!! :) :)

Host Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Archived