MUTS a moan

Chrisbha

Just come back from an absolutely fantastic cruise on Grand Princess.

Was really looking forward to MUTS which i thought ment Movies Under the stars i was mistaken it actually stands for American Football and world series baseball under the stars.

Did watch Prince of Persia on 1st or 2nd night which was brilliant and from then on it was the above.

I wonder how the American passengers would have felt if it had been Premier league soccer every night.

I, for one, would welcome Premier League soccer over football every time!

I'm not a fan of MUTS regardless of what they are playing. I wish all the ships would go back to a covered pool area like on the Sapphire and Diamond. Unfortunately, since many like MUTS I won't get my wish and probably loosing the covered pool area I love n the Sapphire when she goes into dry dock in 2012. Oh well.......

When MUTS is retrofitted onto an older ship that has a magradome-covered pool, the screen is installed over the outside pool. Nothing changes with the indoor pool. Thankfully! :p

I love MUTS! It is one of the reasons I keep coming back to Princess. The memory of my first cruise and laying in the sun and watching/hearing Shrek and the gingerbread man, it still makes me smile. Then one evening it was me and a group of Germans grooving to Rocky Horror! All I could think of was how great to be in the middle of the ocean and completely entertained. On my last cruise with Princess on the Emerald we enjoyed The Proposal and not only were they passing around the popcorn but cookies and milk and pizza. My aunt and I were completely thrilled.

Being fed and entertained and not a care in the world. Isn't that what cruising is all about???

I haven't sailed with Princess since they have had MUTS. Am going on the Grand this month and the description of the ship says they have (1) an Outdoor/Movie Screen and (2) a Movie Theatre. I am getting a little confused by this thread. If the ship has MUTS, does that mean than they no longer show movies in a Movie Theatre? ... or, does the ship have both?

I haven't sailed with Princess since they have had MUTS. Am going on the Grand this month and the description of the ship says they have (1) an Outdoor/Movie Screen and (2) a Movie Theatre. I am getting a little confused by this thread. If the ship has MUTS, does that mean than they no longer show movies in a Movie Theatre? ... or, does the ship have both?

Both they show films on both Big screen & Princess theatre

We have been on the Caribbean Princess 4 times and love MUTS. My DH & I dont get out much to the movies much cause working all the time so it's fun to see a movie while relaxing in or by the pool. Our son, age 12, is in paradise being able to lounge in the pool, watch a movie and eat pizza all in the same area.

We have also been on 1 Carnival cruise with a MUTS and all they did was blast you with commericals for their excursions all day long!! which got REALLY OLD!

I am not a sports fan of any type but everyone really seemed to be enjoying themselves when they did show MUTS sports. Plenty to do elsewhere for me at that time. I agree with post #60 cant please everyone but a varity is nice.

I find the simple pleasure of a blanket under the moon light, with hot cookies (that i did not have to a bake) and a movie just wonderful !! Just the MHO from a midwest busy mom.

Just come back from an absolutely fantastic cruise on Grand Princess.

Was really looking forward to MUTS which i thought ment Movies Under the stars i was mistaken it actually stands for American Football and world series baseball under the stars.

Did watch Prince of Persia on 1st or 2nd night which was brilliant and from then on it was the above.

I wonder how the American passengers would have felt if it had been Premier league soccer every night.

3,200 passengers and as many opinions I expect.

US Football fans would like to see a real American 'Sports Bar'

on Princess ships. You know 24 high def wide screen TVs with

all the games going at once.

Of course it may never happen due to satellite reception on the

ocean.

Personally, I choose not to cruise during college football season

for this very reason. For us football fans New Years Day on a cruise ship

must be a fate worse than having to watch 'Dancing With the Stars'

with the DW!!! :eek::eek:

I, for one, would welcome Premier League soccer over football every time!

When MUTS is retrofitted onto an older ship that has a magradome-covered pool, the screen is installed over the outside pool. Nothing changes with the indoor pool. Thankfully! :p

Really? So, then the only large outdoor pool has MUTS? Interesting. I guess when the Sapphire goes into drydock and I cruise her afterward I will really hang out at that aft pool area when I want to be outside. I guess there are more MUTS fans than opposers or Princess wouldn't continue to add this to their ships. Perhaps it will grow on me.

Which I have never seen used. :eek:

Really? I've sailed on the Sapphire 4 times and the Diamond once and there have always been people in the covered pool area. I like the outdoor during the warm sea days but on the Mexican Riviera cruise, which I do regularly, the last sea day is almost always cool so I do use the indoor pool area. I also see people in there during the other sea days. On those days I see lots of folks playing cards, games, etc. It always seems to be in use. You've cruised alot more than me (I'm jealous!). Are there itineraries where people really don't use the covered pool area?

My argument was why call something movies under the stars when it clearly isn't.

Also the night we watched a film almost every seat was taken where there can have been no more than a few people watching baseball.

Also Soccer is the biggest sport in the world and watch by every country including the US whereas Baseball/American football tends to be watched by err Americans.

I would point out that i am a fanatical soccer fan but would not have been too bothered about watching it on a big screen I can survive without it for 2 weeks i was able to keep up with news on the internet.

Maybe Princess need to think about putting the sport on in one of the bars on board

Three years ago, we enjoyed MUTs, which was mostly movies during the World Series time frame. My DH and son watched the World Series in a smoky bar and came back to the cabin reeking of smoke....ew!! There was one Series game shown on MUTS and they were thrilled not to have to watch it in the bar (plus it was the year our Colorado Rockies were in the Series)!! We also watched soccer on MUTS, so I guess we were fortunate that time to have decent variety on MUTS. I wouldn't want to watch baseball or football alll week either!

Too funny! Not sure it would be worse than "dancing with the stars" though! :D We're on the Grand in January and look forward to NFL playoffs on MUTS!

US Football fans would like to see a real American 'Sports Bar'

on Princess ships. You know 24 high def wide screen TVs with

all the games going at once.

Of course it may never happen due to satellite reception on the

ocean.

My husband hates to Watch Dancing with the Stars with me. He always says he has to walk the dogs and I feel the same way about football.

I really hope there is football on the MUTS screen on our cruise! We will be going during Bowl game season again and the last couple years I have spent several sea days sitting in the cabin watching with DH as they didn't have all the games running in the bars.

The Grand does not have a movie theater. They do have venues used for entertainment that they will also lower a screen and show movies.

Archived