MUTS a moan

Chrisbha

Just come back from an absolutely fantastic cruise on Grand Princess.

Was really looking forward to MUTS which i thought ment Movies Under the stars i was mistaken it actually stands for American Football and world series baseball under the stars.

Did watch Prince of Persia on 1st or 2nd night which was brilliant and from then on it was the above.

I wonder how the American passengers would have felt if it had been Premier league soccer every night.

Was really looking forward to MUTS which i thought ment Movies Under the stars i was mistaken it actually stands for American Football and world series baseball under the stars.

Did watch Prince of Persia on 1st or 2nd night which was brilliant and from then on it was the above.

I wonder how the American passengers would have felt if it had been Premier league soccer every night.

I am an American and I would not have been happy with Football and World Series Baseball!

Although we had an awesome hawaii trip last christmas on the Golden we were very underwhelmed with MUTS. They seemed to show the same things over and over......With all the hype, you'd think it would have been better - but oh well - certainly didnt detract from one of our greatest cruises - just nothing to write home about as far as the MUTS upgrade goes.

The same thing happened to us the last time we sailed on the Grand. Football every night on MUTS. ARGH!

Boy howdy! We suffered through "WALL-E" 14 days from LA to HAWAII and BACK! UGH. During the day with the sunshine, you couldnt really see the screen just that infernal voice of "WALL-E" in his travels....It got so bad we tried to avoid that part of the ship when we were walking around.....I would take a live game of any sort as a break! Even if they played some kind of music like you can listen to via your cable provider would be a nice change - you could sit and relax to some nice music even if not live.

I would like that.:)

I wonder how the American passengers would have felt if it had been Premier league soccer every night.[/quote

I bet you would have felt differently if it was futbol or rugby! :rolleyes:

And if the majority of passengers were soccer fans, then so be it. Apparently no movies would be okay for you if they showed soccer but not football.

Attendance during evening MUTS is very sparse with many nights very cold. There are movies in the cabins & DVDs to rent at home.

And I bet that their beer sales are some of the best of any cruise which undoutedly will trump any upset MUTS movie fans.:D

1) As some others have said, I'll take a live sporting event over a movie on a cruise ship any day. I can watch movies at home, and prefer a theater or my own living room to MUTS (I was excited about it the first time we were on a cruise that had it, but quickly found out it's not all it's cracked up to be--sound and picture quality not so great--rarely a good movie we haven't already seen). On the other hand, something like the World Series, well, I can't watch it where I am now, and it kind of loses the point of watching it if I see it next week, so I'd be watching it, even with poor sound and picture, at least for a while...if I could find a seat.

2) I wouldn't mind soccer, or any other sport, especially if I was on a ship run by a corporation of another country. So if I'm on a British ship, I would expect soccer. And you most likely would be surprised at the number of soccer fans in the U.S.

3) World Series, football, a good soccer match...all would get both DH and me off our balcony and down to the pool, where we would most likely consume beer from the bar. A movie will not do that. The one time we tried to watch a movie at night, it was tooooo chilly to drink beer and other high profit alcoholic drinks. So, business wise, I'd say it's a good move on the part of Princess.

So although I don't like MUTS blaring all day, a live sporting event would actually be fine with me.

I'm not a fan of MUTS regardless of what they are playing. I wish all the ships would go back to a covered pool area like on the Sapphire and Diamond. Unfortunately, since many like MUTS I won't get my wish and probably loosing the covered pool area I love n the Sapphire when she goes into dry dock in 2012. Oh well.......

I dislike watching sporting games and do not understand all the excitement over it. On our last cruise my husband kept inquiring where he could see some stupid football game. I was annoyed and told him he could stay home next time if he missed his football games that much.

I dislike watching sporting games and do not understand all the excitement over it. On our last cruise my husband kept inquiring where he could see some stupid football game. I was annoyed and told him he could stay home next time if he missed his football games that much.

Sounds like you had a great cruise!!!!

For my DH and I, a cruise is an opportunity to relax and enjoy some activities TOGETHER that we don't do at home. Watching football, baseball, basketball and every other sport on a big screen TV is what we do at home all year!

My DH says that maybe Princess ships are aiming to become The Divorce Boats. What did you do on your honeymoon? Went on a cruise and my husband spent every night watching sports on the pool deck! :D

For my DH and I, a cruise is an opportunity to relax and enjoy some activites TOGETHER that we don't do at home. Watching football, baseball, basketball and every other sport on a big screen TV is what we do at home all year!

My DH says that maybe Princess ships are aiming to become The Divorce Boats. What did you do on your honeymoon? Went on a cruise and my husband spent every night watching sports on the pool deck! :D

Ya I wouldnt be "allowed" to do that myself without facing severe consequences! good point! I wish they'd at least rotate the movies or do the music it seems they paid alot of money to upgrade the ships for so little benefit.

Archived