MUTS a moan

Chrisbha

I have been on 18 Princess cruise and never been on a ship with MUTS. Reading this thread, I am starting to think I have been lucky to miss it.
Yup. On our Crown cruise, most of the movies they had scheduled were kids movies. While I'm young at heart, there were probably a total of 10 children on the cruise. Even if the weather had been good enough, whoever programmed it was an idiot without a clue as to their passenger demographics. Paul, you haven't missed a thing.

I hope Princess is reading this thread. The Princess theater or a lounge are better places to show movies or sports IMHO. On the CB I watched Gladiator in one of the lounges and it was a better visual and sound than MUTS. But they have stuck big $ into MUTS, I don't see them pulling them out in the near future.

Too bad, Diamond will have it by Tuesday next week. She is in drydock til then in Singapore. I hate US football, bunch of sissies and so boring. At lest Aussie rules football has some blood:D:D for all the hype Princess makes it's just noise in my opinion. We are trying to get away form noise. Take it up with the Pursers office and if we complain enough they will change it. Everyone meet at the Pursers desk at the same time and we'll all moan about it.

We are sympthetic to our UK friends, but have also experienced the opposite situation when cruising in European waters during the world cup, Commonwealth Games, etc. At least you got European news stations (BBC and CNN International) while we got no US news.

Hank

Too bad, Diamond will have it by Tuesday next week. She is in drydock til then in Singapore. I hate US football, bunch of sissies and so boring. At lest Aussie rules football has some blood:D:D for all the hype Princess makes it's just noise in my opinion. We are trying to get away form noise. Take it up with the Pursers office and if we complain enough they will change it. Everyone meet at the Pursers desk at the same time and we'll all moan about it.

Aussie football needs helmets to prevent brain damage. :rolleyes:

Guess you're another crybaby who figures it they yell enough they'll get their way. Guess it's only your opinion that counts & you don't care what others want.

Hope I'm not stuck on a ship with you & your attitude. :mad:

My husband and and I are currently planning our next cruise. We will intentionally book it during football season with the hopes of seeing games on MUTS. We will be watching and having fun together.

I'm sure Princess is savvy enough to recognize what showings attract people and their $$. They show live sporting events because that is what attracts the people.

I personally do not enjoy the choreographed dancing with the lip-syncing performers. However, I would never be so presumptious as to belittle those who do (stupid dance shows would be a comparable phrase as to what has been voiced about the football games) and I most certainly would not expect Princess to eliminate these shows simply because I don't enjoy them.

There are many people on the ship. Not everyone will enjoy everything. That's life.

And for the woman publically criticizing her husband for his love of sports, I'm guessing he loved sports long before he loved you. Did you think he should change this just to please you? Kind of selfish, in my opinion. Never make a man choose if you can't live with his choice.

There's always TiVo, U-verse or other DVR system if one can't live without sports or TV programs. That's what I do. I'm away from home and catch up when I get back. The interesting thing is that for the most part, when I look at the list of programs I've recorded, I wind up deleting most of them. They weren't as important as I thought they were. Just an observation.

I dislike watching sporting games and do not understand all the excitement over it. On our last cruise my husband kept inquiring where he could see some stupid football game. I was annoyed and told him he could stay home next time if he missed his football games that much.

If you are unwilling to watch with him, surely you can find something on these beautiful vessels to do to amuse yourself for 3 hours?

I dislike watching sporting games and do not understand all the excitement over it. On our last cruise my husband kept inquiring where he could see some stupid football game. I was annoyed and told him he could stay home next time if he missed his football games that much.

Are you serious or joking? :confused:

Just come back from an absolutely fantastic cruise on Grand Princess.

Was really looking forward to MUTS which i thought ment Movies Under the stars i was mistaken it actually stands for American Football and world series baseball under the stars.

Did watch Prince of Persia on 1st or 2nd night which was brilliant and from then on it was the above.

I wonder how the American passengers would have felt if it had been Premier league soccer every night.

Why make it a nationality issue? I don't think all of the American passengers were interested in watching the sports either. Did they

plan what was being shown? Princess has never asked me what I would like to watch on MUTS. I find plenty to entertain me without being upset about what is on MUTS.

My argument was why call something movies under the stars when it clearly isn't.

Also the night we watched a film almost every seat was taken where there can have been no more than a few people watching baseball.

Also Soccer is the biggest sport in the world and watch by every country including the US whereas Baseball/American football tends to be watched by err Americans.

I would point out that i am a fanatical soccer fan but would not have been too bothered about watching it on a big screen I can survive without it for 2 weeks i was able to keep up with news on the internet.

Maybe Princess need to think about putting the sport on in one of the bars on board

DH and I were on the CB during the World Series last year. Our cabin was on Dolphin deck, but even so, when we were out on our balcony we could hear all the hooting and hollering coming from people watching on MUTS. Of course we were in a warmer climate, so that is definitely a factor. DH falls into the category of those who really enjoy MUTS - during the day he'd hang out in the adults only hot tub and watch whatever was on. Personally, I enjoyed a couple of movies, but love the free popcorn and just being outdoors (to me it was somewhat reminiscent of the old drive-in movie theaters - remember the sound quality wasn't exactly great there either since you had the little box stuck in your window!).

We were on Dolphin as well but luckily didnt hear any noise.

It was in high 20's all the time so temp wasn't a problem.We don't have drive ins in England its too wet & Cold but i can understand where you are coming from my wife loved the popcorn and she was the most disappointed about only being able to go once.

My argument was why call something movies under the stars when it clearly isn't.

Also the night we watched a film almost every seat was taken where there can have been no more than a few people watching baseball.

Also Soccer is the biggest sport in the world and watch by every country including the US whereas Baseball/American football tends to be watched by err Americans.

I would point out that i am a fanatical soccer fan but would not have been too bothered about watching it on a big screen I can survive without it for 2 weeks i was able to keep up with news on the internet.

Maybe Princess need to think about putting the sport on in one of the bars on board

Princess happens to be an American Company which maybe why the company tends to cater for the "err Americans" as well as all others.;)

MUTS must be one of the most talked about subjects on these forums. The last time anyone posted about them it was interesting to note that there were far more people against MUTS than for it. I just wish Princess would take note. MUTS is intrusive during the day and is so disliked that there are even plenty of spare chairs around the pool when they are playing a loud film or concert because you just cannot relax or listen to an MP3 player it is so bad. There was no sport when we sailed. It may be a reasonable idea for its intended use Movies under the stars, however, even in the evenings when we walked past there were hardly any people watching.

American football tends to be watched by err Americans.

Really? We were in Manzanillo, Mexico in a hotel owned by a Canadian/Mexican couple last Super Bowl. We were the only 2 Americans in the entire hotel. It was standing room only for watching the Super Bowl out by the pool (we didn't arrange, or even suggest that the trouble be taken to arrange for a large television to be moved out by the pool for it--we wouldn't have thought anyone else would be interested--turns out we were wrong). Some people can appreciate athletic ability and gracefulness of athletes no matter the sport or sport's country of origin.

I think they do this at "Shooter's Bar" just outside the Princess Theater on Grand Class ships' deck 6.

At least that's what appears to be on as I hold my breath on the way to the theater to not gag on the heavy cloud of smoke that drifts out of it & even sometimes into the theater. :eek:

I think they do this at "Shooter's Bar" just outside the Princess Theater on Grand Class ships' deck 6.

At least that's what appears to be on as I hold my breath on the way to the theater to not gag on the heavy cloud of smoke that drifts out of it & even sometimes into the theater. :eek:

I posted a comment a while back saying the same thing and no one seemed to agree. The lowed section of the theater get filled with smoke depending on how strong the ventilation is on a particular night. It can be anywhere from just noticeable to choking. I guess I'm not alone with my opinion.

Some people can appreciate athletic ability and gracefulness of athletes no matter the sport or sport's country of origin.

I still think that having any type of sports on the MUTS is very profitable for the Princess bar sales & that may be the bottom line. :p

All of this heated talk created by those who think that only THEIR type of sports should be shown, need to lighten up & to enjoy any type of sports...including the type preferred by the majority of sports fans onboard.

So don't stage a protest at the PSD like some have suggested & find something else to do while onboard...grow up!

The same thing happened to us the last time we sailed on the Grand. Football every night on MUTS. ARGH!

Are you sure you're still in Kansas, Toto? There are normally only 4 possible NFL slots per week - SUN 1pm, 4pm, 8:30pm and MON 8:30pm. Beginning Week 10 each season, there is a THU 8:30pm slot. IDK if you are including college games, but that would be SAT afternoon. So NFL is 12-15 hours or so per week. Of course Thanksgiving Day is an exception case. Movies can run round the clock otherwise.

Perhaps you were speaking of a holiday or early JAN cruise week when all the BCS Bowl games might have been on.

On our cruise last Dec 6-13, they did not show NFL in all the timeslots on MUTS. I think it varies from ship to ship and week to week how much sports content one gets versus movies.

Archived