Radio

"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Nov 4, 2010

Hello everyone. . . I am happy to bring you another of my “LIVE” Cruise Reports.

Tomorrow morning, I will be driving down to Cruise Maryland at the Port of Baltimore for my “LIVE” from the Enchantment of the Seas trip reports.

The forecast for tomorrow is calling for showers in the morning, and rain all day. . . Oh well. . . A rainy day on a Cruise Ship is better than a sunny day at work.

At least we will be heading down to the Caribbean for a 9 night cruise that should bring us warmer weather.

It appears that Tropical Depression Tomas may have an affect on Enchantment of the Seas. Tomas is currently SSE of Jamaica, and will be heading NE over the Turks and Caicos that may cause an altered Itinerary.

We are scheduled to be in San Juan, PR by 2PM on Sunday.

TD Tomas was a Tropical storm Yesterday. . .who knows what it may be tomorrow.

Many of you have sailed with me several times, but there are always new Cruise Critic members who have never experienced one of my “LIVE” Reports. I will try to bring you daily comments about the Public Areas, Dining, Activities, and Ports. I will also be posting many photos daily of all of the above named items (pending a valid wireless connection) There are many WiFi Hot spots located around Enchantment of the Seas, and my plan is to post many photos several times per day.(as long as the signal bandwidth will cooperate)

We will be at sea all day Friday and Saturday, and it will get warmer every day as we head south. I am really looking forward to our stops in Saint Thomas, USVI and Labadee.

This will also be the first time I have been to Samana, DR. I was in La Romana DR several years ago on Millennium- but Samana, Dominican Republic is a Tender Port.

Sit back, relax and be ready to enjoy this 9 Night Cruise on Enchantment of the Seas. This should be a relaxing and fun Cruise !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;);)

NN14.jpg

Image Courtesy of ©2010 Maryland Port Administration

Wed 2PM Forecast - 11/3/10 

TOMAS18.jpg

Image Courtesy of NOAA

Our planned Itinerary

EN3.JPG

Edited by Radio

looking forward to the next nine days at sea with you. thanks for doing this.

Here we go again. Have been looking out for this the past couple of days 'cos I've got a sticker on my computer reminding me :). Can't wait for your fabulous reports Radio, as always. Wishing you calm seas and warm weather.

Edited by wishful thinking

Can't wait for another live from Radio. Your cruise is going to the same places as my cruise is next month, only difference is we are on the Explorer. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the Ports, especially Samana, DR.

Hey there!

Had a panic attack this morning! lol Thought you set sail TODAY and couldnt find your thread. I know you know this!

With approx 46 days to go until we sail I am greatly looking fwd to sailing along with you on Enchantment. (a new ship for me!).

Thanks for taking the time, its huge, I know!!

CD.NJ

Radio :D

Your timing is impeccable! Your LIVE report will take me right up until the day I set sail on the Freedom :)

Have a fantastic cruise and thanks for once again sharing your cruise vacation with us!!!!

I'll be interested in hearing what sea states you encounter enroute to the Caribbean. The Atlantic can be fickle and we nixed taking that cruise on account of it.

Can't wait for another live from Radio. Your cruise is going to the same places as my cruise is next month, only difference is we are on the Explorer. Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the Ports, especially Samana, DR.

Thanks, we will be meeting with Explorer of the Seas while in Labadee/ That is our last port next Wednesday. It will be the 1st port for Explorer.

It will be nice to see 2 ships docked in Labadee at the same time. . .

Radio

;)

Hi, Radio, Can't wait for your reports,since we'll be departing on Enchantment two weeks from tomorrow and I'm wondering what it will be like to cruise from Baltimore in the late fall. Hope Tomas doesn't affect your trip adversely. Happy sailing!

Wishing you a wonderful cruise! I always tune in to your live reports, but this time I will also be sailing! I look forward to reading your trip report when I get home next weekend. Hoping for smooth sailings for us both!

Hi Radio,

I will be looking forward to your live reports each day.

Have a wonderful cruise and keep us posted!!

Uh Oh. . . . It seems that it has now changed into Tropical Storm Tomas. . . We will be sailing right through the path during our sea day on Saturday. . . Oooops

We will wait and see what happens. . . Itinerary change ? Port changes ? Maybe the storm will die off. . .

Enchantment of the Seas is just 13 hrs away from Cruise Maryland.

We will see what tomorrow brings. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

5 PM Update / 11-03-10

TOMAS20.jpg

We'll be in Labadee with you. Interesting to see how it handles that many passengers, like it would Oasis I would think.

Looking forward to your "live" posts Radio. Have a fantastic time;)!! We will be on Enchantment on 12/06 so take care of her for us:cool:.

We will be sailing on her December 27. :) If you have access to the CL, tell our boy Reyno that his adopted mom and dad from Ohio said hello.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip Radio. We will be on Enchantment in June, in our first GS. If you take any pix of one, I would love to see them!

Radio :D

Your timing is impeccable! Your LIVE report will take me right up until the day I set sail on the Freedom :)

Have a fantastic cruise and thanks for once again sharing your cruise vacation with us!!!!

Robyn,

one of the people I work out with every day is sailing on Freedom with you! I should have gotten you his info...but if you run into someone named Pete from Syracuse...that's the guy! If you go to the gym any day at 6 AM ( yeah, right...this is a cruise!), he'll be there.

Hope all is well.

Radio- sorry to hijack your thread- I have really enjoyed all of the previous Live threads...and look forward to this one!

I now return you to your normal programming.

Hi Radio! My daughter asked me to take her on this exact cruise for her 16th birthday in August. It will be just the two of us. We are both so excited and I will be sharing your report with her daily so she can see what's in store for us. Thanks again!

Im so excited to follow you on this cruise. One of my highlights is the pictures of the food. If not to much trouble if you think about it, could you post some pics.

Thanks and have a safe cruise.

Thanks, we will be meeting with Explorer of the Seas while in Labadee/ That is our last port next Wednesday. It will be the 1st port for Explorer.

It will be nice to see 2 ships docked in Labadee at the same time. . .

Radio

;)

We will be leaving on the Explorer on Sunday and will be with you in Labadee if all goes well and we don't get our itinerary changed because of Tomas. Looking forward to your live reports until Sat. Our next cruise is on the Enchantment next March. Our first time on her.

Catch you in Labadee! (hopefully)

Gwen :)

Radio, I can't wait to read your latest adventure. In 3 weeks we'll be sailing on the Enchantment and love how you post everything.

We followed you by a couple of months after you did the Glory sailing and found out so much info from your postings.

Robyn,

one of the people I work out with every day is sailing on Freedom with you! I should have gotten you his info...but if you run into someone named Pete from Syracuse...that's the guy! If you go to the gym any day at 6 AM ( yeah, right...this is a cruise!), he'll be there.

Hope all is well.

Radio- sorry to hijack your thread- I have really enjoyed all of the previous Live threads...and look forward to this one!

I now return you to your normal programming.

Hi Jim :)

I can pretty much guarantee that I will be nowhere near the gym......especially not at 6 AM!!!

If your friend wants to find me, he can check all the deck chairs and the one with a permanent mold of my butt is mine!!! :p

Fair winds and following seas my friend, Saw the pictures of that beautiful bride, enough said.

We'll be leaving Sat am to pick Pete up in Bayonne.

Enjoy yourself and hope you have good weather,

So excited to follow this cruise. Thanks for brightening our days with this adventure, Radio!

Yeah, Radio!!! I always look so forward to your "Live" posts. It really is such a highlight for me...and since I don't cruise again for awhile, I like to live thru you so to speak!! I always so enjoy reading and seeing your great pictures, and seeing how the Enchantment is in Baltimore now--a fairly short ride for us - only a few hours, I actually have considered a cruise on her. I am anxious to hear of your review. Since we so enjoy the big ships, I am afraid sailing on such a smaller ship will be a let down but then again, I believe each ship is unique with plenty to offer. Have a great time and give us lots of details and pics and thanks again so much for taking such time to do this for us. It means alot. :)

Radio, so looking forward to your "Live from the Enchantment"

we sailed her twice before she was stretched...looking forward to your pictures...

also looking forward to all the details of 2 ships in Labadee at the same time as we are going to be there on the Explorer with another ship...curious about getting on and off the ship with that many people...

have a great time...

Based on our most recent cruise on Enchantment, she should have just passed over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and be making her way up the bay about now. We most reluctantly disembarked from her last Saturday. We crossed over the tunnel at about 10:25PM, on Friday night. If you go up to the elevator lobby on deck 10, you can look out both sides of the ships and see the lights on both sides as you pass.

Radio...you must be catching a few last winks in your own bed about now. We had the pleasure of cruising with you back in January, on Mercury, and wish we were with you again, on Enchantment. We look forward to reliving our cruise through the lens of your camera. Hope that Tomas does not cause you much trouble. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and monitoring your thread. Have a great one!;):D

Uh Oh. . . . It appears that Labadee will get hit very hard. . .

This should be an interesting cruise !

Hm m m. . . will we be doing the Western Caribbean instead ?

I hope to find out later today !

Radio

;);)

5 AM Update Nov 4, 2010

TOMAS24.jpg

Edited by Radio

Yay! Tuning in once again to another LIVE report. Can't wait! Wish I was sailing with you again! Heck, I'm sure the whole "Bermuda bunch" wishes so, too! Enjoy your cruise!

Fair winds and following seas!

Nancy

Yay! Tuning in once again to another LIVE report. Can't wait! Wish I was sailing with you again! Heck, I'm sure the whole "Bermuda bunch" wishes so, too! Enjoy your cruise!

Fair winds and following seas!

Nancy

Thanks Nancy. . . I wish you and the " Bermuda Bunch" were sailing with me too. . . This should be a fun, and "interesting" Cruise. . .

It is raining hard, and I will be heading to Cruise Maryland by around 10:30 -11AM. . . .

Radio

;);)

I've had this day tagged so I could make sure I followed your blog! Here is wishing for safe and calm waters during your cruise. I normally sail out of Florida but have also sailed out of NJ and NY. I've sailed out of Baltimore twice - it's the closest and easiest for me, and I'm always looking for new info on the ships that leave from MD. As always, can't wait to see all your pictures and read about the experiences. I'm so jealous - my next cruise isn't until next May. Until then, I will live vicariously through you :)

You Star!!!

When I was looking into booking the Enchantment I went to your webpage to see if there were any recent trips by you. As I don’t sail on her until next Feb ‘m more thanhappy to see you on her now!

Thanks and I’m looking forward to your updates!

You Star!!!

When I was looking into booking the Enchantment I went to your webpage to see if there were any recent trips by you. As I don’t sail on her until next Feb ‘m more thanhappy to see you on her now!

Thanks and I’m looking forward to your updates!

Thanks Mike. .

I actually was on Enchantment back in 2005 when the Ship was docked in Philadelphia. It was a 1 night CTN just after she was stretched. . .

I toured Enchantment of the Seas a couple of months ago while she was docked in Baltimore. . .

The forecast is calling for rain for each port this week. . .:eek:

I might be taking my umbrella when I board today. . .

I will be leaving soon for the port !:)

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

Samana.....if you don't already have a tour booked, I would suggest you get one. A couple of cruisers were robbed going into town on their own. There was not much right in town.

We have cruised on Enchantment five or six times......great ship! Some problems with ac, but all in all nice smaller ship with great staff! If you meet Rosa(guest services), tell her cruisng grandma sends her a hug!

Hope you have no problems from Tomas!