"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Nov 4, 2010

Radio

Thanks Mark for a great start! We were coming down 95 yesterday in the pouring rain on our way to DC and right around the tunnel I told the hubby to start looking for the port signs so we could see how easy it is to get to this port vs the trip up to Bayonne. We had been up near Newark so we came down on 95 instead of going 301 and over. Really really easy......then all of a sudden the hubby says look there is a ship....and he saw the rccl logo ...I said there is the Enchantment!!! He thought she looked small....we haven't been on anything smaller than the explorer. We couldn't see any lines either. I suppose once we come thru the tunnel we need to take the exit right after that? Never saw a sign saying cruise port like up in Bayonne. Maybe others reading this can let me know an exit number.

Hope you are doing alright and she isn't too rocky! Keep us posted on any schedule changes...

Thanks Mark for a great start! We were coming down 95 yesterday in the pouring rain on our way to DC and right around the tunnel I told the hubby to start looking for the port signs so we could see how easy it is to get to this port vs the trip up to Bayonne. We had been up near Newark so we came down on 95 instead of going 301 and over. Really really easy......then all of a sudden the hubby says look there is a ship....and he saw the rccl logo ...I said there is the Enchantment!!! He thought she looked small....we haven't been on anything smaller than the explorer. We couldn't see any lines either. I suppose once we come thru the tunnel we need to take the exit right after that? Never saw a sign saying cruise port like up in Bayonne. Maybe others reading this can let me know an exit number.

Hope you are doing alright and she isn't too rocky! Keep us posted on any schedule changes...

Yes, the exit for the Baltimore port is the one just to the south of the tunnel. We come north from VA and if we get to the tunnel, we've gone too far lol. It's a very easy port to get to. Funny, there are signs coming from the south.

Radio, nice pictures. Can't wait to be on her in March. Could you tell me if Diamond members are allowed to use the concierge or only Diamond Plus like on the Explorer?

Thanks,

Gwen :)

The Concierge Lounge is for D+ members only(and suite guests), on any ship. Diamond members can use the Diamond Lounge on Freedom, and Oasis class ships.

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . Well the good news is that Captain Srecko Ban made his announcement today, and suggested that we are nm from San Juan, and we will be at the Pilot Station by 1 PM on Sunday.

He said at all times we should be at least 300nm from the Storm. The Captain suggested that TOMAS was currently a Cat 1 Hurricane, and will be a Cat 2 Hurricane by tomorrow. . . .but no worries.

Enchantment of the Seas as well as the passengers and crew would be kept safe at all times with no concerns. During his announcement, we were we 30nm to the east of Cape fear, NC. We were still 986nm from San Juan, PR.

The other good news is that the sun came out today ! On, and off. . . But we did see sun and it hasn’t rained since late morning.

I went to the Meet and Mingle, sponsored by Cruise Critic today in the Viking Crown Lounge. There were about 30 passengers there. . .many more then were at our brief M&M yesterday in the Schooner Bar. RCI provided Rum Punch, and snacks for us while there. A RCI Visor was provided to all members.

Many Logo raffle items were given away that included T Shirts, Ball Caps, and Camera holders. Several bottles of wins and a couple of Free Soda packages were also prizes. It turns out that I received a prize as well. . . I will put it to good use. . . I received a coupon for $100. In free Internet use. Nice. . . .

The “Ooops I got Sick Bag” has been seen on all staircases, and entry to public areas. The only bad news is that several passengers were, um. . . Well. . .unable to make it to these bags. I feel bad for the crew who had to clean that up.

Tonight is formal night, and I will be looking forward to meeting the Captain, and enjoying a nice filet in the MDR.

Here are a few pics from today. . . Thanks for tuning in. Check back later for more pics !

Radio

The Port and Shopping Talk this morning.

F6.JPG

We are greeted by sunshine this afternoon !

F10.JPG

Our Meet and Mingle Meeting was held in the rear portion of the Viking Crown Lounge

F11.JPG

The pools look inviting. . . I will wait a few days, though.

F16.JPG

It is nice to have some sunshine today

F12.JPG

I love the Sky Bridges !

F17.JPG

Directions from points North: Follow I-95 South through the Ft. McHenry Tunnel, be sure to be in the right lane when going through the tunnel. Take Exit 55, Key Highway. Turn left at the traffic light onto East McComas Street. Follow the signs to the South Locust Point Cruise Terminal entrance on the right. (It's more like a U-turn at the light.)

Sounds like they went all out with the M&M. Don't think I have ever seen a post that included as much as yours does. Thanks again.

I was surprised to read that they served "rum punch"! Haven't been to an M&M where alcohol was mixed in with anything in a loooonnnng time.:p

Mark, great to read another of your live threads. I see you'll be on the Pride in January. Which sailing? My daughter and her guy will be on the 16th. This is their first cruise. Hope they love it as much as we do.

Looking forward to the remainder of your cruise!

radio, i love reading your reports. i feel like i'm there with you. we will be leaving on sunday the 7th on the explorer and these reports help to make the time go faster for me. it's great that both of our ships will be in labadee at the same time. i'm hoping that in the near future we'll be sailing on the enchantment. from your pictures it looks like a very nice ship. if you have the time can you get some shots of the spa/gym area/? have a great cruise.

Radio, Thanks for all the wonderful pictures and live report.

We cruised in the Enchantment last year, out of Ft Lauderdale. Loved the ship! Would love to be back on board soon!

I'm looking forward to the rest of your live report.

Hope the weather continues to improve for the rest of the cruise!

Hello everyone. . .

I just wanted to share a few pics with everyone tonight. . . So I will keep my words to a minimum.

I still have to go to Headliner Showtime tonight in the Orpheum Theater at 10:45 (wow, that’s late for me !)

The seas have calmed somewhat, but the rain picked up a bit (OK. . .It is pouring down hard right now)

The feeling of the passengers and crew seems much calmer though. I think the Captain saying we would be 300nm from TS Tomas eased tensions a little.

I spoke to the Captain in the Spotlight Lounge, and he seems very intent to make sure the cruise exceeds passengers expectations. He is very proud of the Enchantment of the Seas, and her crew.

Here are a few pics from tonight. . . Thanks for tuning in.

More pics tomorrow. . . We have 1 more Sea Day, and then 1 port a day for 4 days !

Radio

The "Ooops" bags are everywhere. . .

F8.JPG

The Conference Room is on Deck 6 between Chops and the Schooner bar.

F21.JPG

The Spotlight Lounge just before the Captain’s Reception

F22.JPG

It is a beautiful Lounge. . .

F23.JPG

Enchantment of the Seas Senior Officers, and Managers

F25.JPG

Captain Srecko Ban

F24.JPG

Here is the latest update from NOAA about HURRICANE TOMAS.

It seems that we are heading right toward this. . . .I know, I know what the Captain said.

This Map is available on my LINKS PAGE HERE.

Just click on National Hurricane Tracker

Radio

;);)

8 PM TOMAS Update 11-5-2010

TOMAS33.jpg

Radio

that is what we are seeing too. Capt knows best though. We have seen those storm maps on the bridge when doing a tour as I am sure you have too. He isn't about to let anything happen to his ship and guests and will keep you as safe as possible.

I am curious as well as to whether you can tell a difference in the cabins in the older section of the ship as opposed to the new section that was installed during the stretch. I believe another poster asked a similar question pertaining to this as well.

Thanks to everyone for great directions for which exit to take. We were in the left set of the tunnel so that is why I didn't see the exit. We saw a Port of Baltimore sign for an exit way before the tunnel but it had two different names on it and nothing about a cruise port either like we see when approaching Bayonne.

Hi Radio,

Enjoying your "Live Report" as always :)!

I hope you won't be affected by Thomas and I also hope the people of Haiti won't be affected - I feel so sorry for them.

I believe your CD was a CD on a cruise we took (out of the Port of Baltimore) on NCL's Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda. This CD also had us guessing where she was from by her accent! We really enjoyed her (if she's the same one!) If you get a chance, would you mind asking her? That would be too cool!

Sorry you're having rough seas - hopefully it will clear up with plenty of warm sunshine!

Thanks again for letting us cruise with you - RCI should just let you cruise for free year around just for your "Live Reports!"

I decided to pull up the deck plans for Enchantment since I have never been! Cant wait until we can go on a smaller ship. Altho with a trampoline, my kids might enjoy enchantment...maybe! Looks like Schooner looks out ONTO the ocean....realy nice. Cant wait to sail along.

Our cruise in Decem stops at Samana, we're NOT getting off! :eek: This will be the first time we dont get off a ship, ever. There was one possible tour we're contemplating (NOT Levantado as it seems that is what the majority does).

BonVoyage.gif

your pic is cute! where did u get it frum

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to Day 3 of “LIVE” from Enchantment of the Seas.

We still have a ways to go before we arrive in San Juan (603nm)

Our closest point of land is Bermuda (317nm) and the Turks and Caicos (415nm)

The wind is pretty strong, but the rain still persists and I am counting on Captain Ban to get us to our next port safely.

When they stretched the Enchantment of the Seas in 2005, the pool that was added is Freshwater ! Nice. . . The Splash Pool is FW also. The Solarium and Main pool are both saltwater. There have not been too many passengers in any of the pools so far, but sunny days are ahead !

I went to the Headliner show last night, and enjoyed Judy Kolb. She was very funny, and is a very good entertainer. The crowd was roaring !

A question came up about the new cabins. The new cabins that were added are similar to the previous ones except the bathroom are like the Voyager Class (Hard circular shower door) The sofas and TV’s are of course newer. I have listed below the new D1 cabins that were added on DECK 7-8. There were many Ocean View and Inside cabins added as well. You can use the deck plan to get their position.

8068-8082 PORT

8658-8582 STB

7068-7082 PORT

7568-7582 STB

I toured Enchantment this summer, and took a lot of pics of all cabin categories. I will post some of them later this week.

There are a lot of activities planned for today, but they will be brought inside (unless it stops raining)

Here are a few pics from around the ship. . . Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Late last night up on Deck 9

S3.JPG

Think we are supposed to have a deck party up here next Monday !

S4.JPG

Boleros early this morning. .

S9.JPG

I like the colors in this club. . . The music last night was great !

S10.JPG

5AM TOMAS UPDATE 11-6-2010

TOMAS35.jpg

Our current position. . .

MAP6.jpg

Radio: Thanks for your reports.

Do balcony cabins have ethernet connections in them or do you have to go to a wireless hot spot or the internet cafe to get online?

Archived