NIEUW AMSTERDAM Already off the coast of Ft. Lauderdale!

eroller

I'm sailing on NIEUW AMSTERDAM tomorrow, on her first Caribbean cruise. Some of you may know that boarding is delayed until 4pm, and that the ship is not sailing until 10pm. This extra time is allowing for a deep cleaning of the ship (due to noro-virus currently onboard), and no doubt for US Health inspections and US Coast Guard inspections since it's the ship's first time calling in the US.

Well for fun I went to http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais to see if any ships were still docked in Port Everglades (today was a very busy day for the port), and I was surprised to see NIEUW AMSTERDAM off the Florida coast, and heading towards Ft. Lauderdale at 15.4 knots. I would say she is only an hour away from the port, and it's only 11:25pm (10:25pm new time).

I guess she is getting a head start on what will be a very busy day tomorrow.

Ernie

Just checked the Port Everglades shipping schedule, and NIEUW AMSTERDAM is scheduled to dock at 1:00am (midnight new time).

Also in port will be CELEBRITY SOLSTICE, RUBY PRINCESS, CELEBRITY INFINITY, and COSTA ATLANTICA.

Usually OASIS and SOLSTICE always dock at Terminal 18, but for some reason SOLSTICE will dock at Terminal 25 tomorrow, just in front of NIEUW AMSTERDAM which will be at Terminal 26. Don't know why Terminal 18 (the best in the port) is being left empty?

Ernie

Just checked the Port Everglades shipping schedule, and NIEUW AMSTERDAM is scheduled to dock at 1:00am (midnight new time).

Also in port will be CELEBRITY SOLSTICE, RUBY PRINCESS, CELEBRITY INFINITY, and COSTA ATLANTICA.

Usually OASIS and SOLSTICE always dock at Terminal 18, but for some reason SOLSTICE will dock at Terminal 25 tomorrow, just in front of NIEUW AMSTERDAM which will be at Terminal 26. Don't know why Terminal 18 (the best in the port) is being left empty?

Ernie

That is odd about the Solstice not being at 18. I loved that terminal what a nice new efficient building. I wonder if it is just an error and she will be at 18 anyway.

That is odd about the Solstice not being at 18. I loved that terminal what a nice new efficient building. I wonder if it is just an error and she will be at 18 anyway.

I agree it's very odd. The only thing I can think of is that some work is being done on the terminal. I pass Port Everglades all the time, and I have only ever seen SOLSTICE dock at Pier 18.

Ernie

She's docked now. Interesting site! Thanks for sharing. I've only been off her for 20 days, and I miss her so! I wish I could just live on a cruise ship lol.

Bon voyage to all that are boarding her later today, and welcome home to those returning.

I'm sailing on NIEUW AMSTERDAM tomorrow, on her first Caribbean cruise. Some of you may know that boarding is delayed until 4pm, and that the ship is not sailing until 10pm. This extra time is allowing for a deep cleaning of the ship (due to noro-virus currently onboard), and no doubt for US Health inspections and US Coast Guard inspections since it's the ship's first time calling in the US.

Well for fun I went to www.marinetraffic.com/ais to see if any ships were still docked in Port Everglades (today was a very busy day for the port), and I was surprised to see NIEUW AMSTERDAM off the Florida coast, and heading towards Ft. Lauderdale at 15.4 knots. I would say she is only an hour away from the port, and it's only 11:25pm (10:25pm new time).

I guess she is getting a head start on what will be a very busy day tomorrow.

Ernie

Bon Voyage!!

Have a great cruise.

Celebrity Solstice is docked at Pier 25, this will be her regular terminal.

Pier 18 will be occupied by Allure of the Seas from next week onwards. Solstice is docking early at her new terminal in order to iron-out any wrinkles in the operation before the behemouth arrives next sunday...

Celebrity Equinox, which will be in Port Everglades on Mondays and Fridays (alternating weeks) will use Pier 18 it seems.

Pier 18 will be occupied by Allure of the Seas from next week onwards. Solstice is docking early at her new terminal in order to iron-out any wrinkles in the operation before the behemouth arrives next sunday...

Celebrity Equinox, which will be in Port Everglades on Mondays and Fridays (alternating weeks) will use Pier 18 it seems.

This makes sense. Thank you. I'm disappointed I will miss ALLURE's maiden arrival this week (as I'll be on a cruise). I believe she as OASIS may be docked together in Port Everglades either this coming Saturday or next.

Ernie

I agree, yes this makes sense I had forgetten that Allure was arriving so soon. I am glad we got to experience pier 18 in September what a great facility.

Archived