where the ship docks

imanewcruiser

I see in various posts that someone says their ship docks at a certain location. Some islands have different places for the ships to dock. How do I find out this out? I'll be on the Crown leaving Ft Lauderdale on Jan 15th.

If the Crown is still doing it's normal Western Caribbean on this itinerary, it will tender at Grand Cayman, dock at Mohogany Bay (Carnival owned) in Roatan, the Carnival dock (can't remember the name) at Cozumel, and tender to Princess Cays.

Is that the itinerary?

Mike

If the Crown is still doing it's normal Western Caribbean on this itinerary, it will tender at Grand Cayman, dock at Mohogany Bay (Carnival owned) in Roatan, the Carnival dock (can't remember the name) at Cozumel, and tender to Princess Cays.

Is that the itinerary?

Mike

RE: Cozumel The Crown will dock at International Pier about 4 or so miles south of the town of San Miguel

I contacted my TA, and she found out this information for me. I wanted to be sure we were docking in the MAIN port in St. Thomas, and not the one far away from the central area. If you don't have a TA, contact Princess

and they will give you this information

B.J.

:cool:

I stand corrected. Wasn't it formerly International until blown away in the hurricane? And renamed Puerta Maya when rebuilt? I just have International stuck in my head somehow.

They rebuilt the International pier too. There are two piers down in that area now.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of booking next December. The Western Caribbean on the Crown says it stops in Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan and Grand Cayman. Has the iteneray changed??

On our last cruise, it stated we were stopping in Grand Turk but when I received the info from Princess, it was Princess Cays.

I wanted to be sure we were docking in the MAIN port in St. Thomas, and not the one far away from the central area.

Just a note that this is always subject to change. Last year on Emerald, we were scheduled to dock in St. Thomas at Havensite but at the last minute we were diverted to Crown Bay. It wasn't really a big deal, but I just wanted to let you know that nothing is ever set in stone. I say be prepared for either and if you end up at Havensite, so much the better.

I contacted my TA, and she found out this information for me. I wanted to be sure we were docking in the MAIN port in St. Thomas, and not the one far away from the central area.

I've had that change on the morning of arrival, so I don't think

it can really be predicted.

And, if there are two grand-class ships in St. Thomas, I don't

think there is any way to know in advance where they will

end up -- other than they both won't be in crown bay.

I used to despise crown bay, but now I kinda like emerald beach,

so I'm not as unhappy.

I actually thought that Crown Bay was the default for Princess these days?? Regardless, I don't see the advantage of Havensite because the shopping there is more expensive than downtown anyway. And I have no desire to walk all the way from downtown back to the ship. It's a taxi ride to town either way for me.

I contacted my TA, and she found out this information for me. I wanted to be sure we were docking in the MAIN port in St. Thomas, and not the one far away from the central area. If you don't have a TA, contact Princess

and they will give you this information

B.J.

No need to call your TA about where your docking in St. Thomas. This site will tell you where. Just follow the instructions The only problem with this site is that if there's only two ships in port they don't tell what one is docking at what port.

http://www.havefunwithus.net/resources/cruiseships.html

Odds are, if you are going on Princess to St. Thomas, you will be docking at Crown Bay, not Havensight. I believe the exception to this is if the Oasis of the Seas is also docking, they will dock at Crown Bay and Princess will use Havensight.

That being said, what gets published may NOT be reality. There could be operational changes the day of. The only time you will be certain as to where you dock wil be when they are dropping lines.

Do you mean that only one ship can dock at Crown Bay at a time. I am trying to remember if I saw more ships when we were there, but can't remember for the life of me....

No need to call your TA about where your docking in St. Thomas. This site will tell you where. Just follow the instructions The only problem with this site is that if there's only two ships in port they don't tell what one is docking at what port.

Thanks for this site. Really appreciate it. :D

Do you mean that only one ship can dock at Crown Bay at a time.
No, there's room for two ships at Crown Bay.

What I was meaning in my previous post was that if two Princess ships are the only ones visiting St. Thomas on a certain day, one docks at Havensight, the other is assigned to Crown Bay. This happened last Feb. when we were there but that web site doesn't always say who goes where. :)

Oh I do hope you are right....that way we just might dock at Havensight this time. I would love that!!!!!!! There are 2 Princess ships docking on that day...........we are the only 2 period......

I have really missed Havensight...............

No, there's room for two ships at Crown Bay.

What I was meaning in my previous post was that if two Princess ships are the only ones visiting St. Thomas on a certain day, one docks at Havensight, the other is assigned to Crown Bay. This happened last Feb. when we were there but that web site doesn't always say who goes where. :)

Archived