Just booked !!!

judiek

We just booked the Summit for 9/30/05 Mexican Riviera.Big decision to be made as far as cabin selection.We booked CC with 2 other couples.T/A said she had a great cabin aft # 7206....The other 2 couples are on another deck..same catagory.Did I make a mistake taking 7026 and should I have it changed to be on the other deck with our friends.I thought,maybe becasue there are a few sea days it would be nice to have the larger balcony so we can all fit on it comfortably.....Anyone have experience with cabin 7206

I just heard that the veranda for cabin 7206 is used by all the cabins that are aft....no private veranda......is this true?

No - there are no "shared" balconies on the M-Class ships. You lucked out - 7206 is an aft cabin with a huge balcony - 3- 4 times as deep as a normal balcony. It will have 2 lounge chairs and a table with 2 or three chairs. You will love it!

These are highly sought after cabins! You did good! :D

Joe

Here is a great site for cabin photos:

http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

Under Infinity - click on AFT CAT 1A 8185

Under Constellation - click on AFT CAT 1A 8170

To see examples of the size of balcony you will have. Infinity and Constellation are nearly identical sister ships to Summit.

Enjoy,

Joe :D

The things you learn on these boards, I love it! If I ever get the chance to cruise on an M-class ship, now I know what cabins to go for first. I just want to put a big "thank you" out there to everyone who makes this board happen!

I think the person who told you that there was a 'shared' deck, got confused as to the class of ship. On the newer M class (Millenium, Infinity, Summit, Constellation), the aft verandas are huge as described. On the C class (Century, Galaxy and Mercury), the aft cabins have no veranda. There is a window that looks out on a shared deck.

As for the breeze, we had an aft cabin on our Hawaii cruise and it was never windy, but there was always plenty of air movement, Never felt stuffy at all.

Linda

Since they are partially uncovered they get plenty of air. If you want a real "breeze" just go open your cabin door. It's like a wind tunnel. Most of the time it's nice to have protection from the wind that you get on the sides of the ship.

Archived