Need reasurrance

Iceberg2

My return flight from WestJet has been bumped up to 11:30 am.

Will be coming off the Ruby and need to be assured from other experienced cruisers that I will have enough time to clear the tighter security at the airport for my flight. I will not be able to get off the ship myself so I will be in the mad rush with everyone. Princess has told me that the earliest is a 10:30 a.m. they are sure is o.k., but I am nervous. The only other direct flight would be at 8:00 p.m. and I do not want to have to wait.

We got off Ruby on the 14th and I was quite nervous about having a 10:10 flight.... we could have taken the 8:30 we were there so early! And no, I'm not suggesting that ;) We opted for Express Walkoff - you have to be able to handle all of your luggage yourself. Our departure time was 7:10...We were at the airport and through security and at our gate by 7:45.

I wouldn't hesitate to book an 11:30 flight.

Yes, the flight is out of Fort Lauderdale and feeling more secure in sticking with the 11:30 a.m. - I will be taking a taxi and have never had a problem finding one in the past. I wonder how many cruiseships will be in port that a.m. Thanks again.

Yes, the flight is out of Fort Lauderdale and feeling more secure in sticking with the 11:30 a.m. - I will be taking a taxi and have never had a problem finding one in the past. I wonder how many cruiseships will be in port that a.m. Thanks again.

One word...Allure!! I'd get off as early as you can.

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-from-fort-lauderdale-florida.html

Try this to find out which ships are in port the day of your debarkation.

Even when we were in port with a lot of ships and the Ruby came in hours late, we still got to the airport in plenty of time for our noon flight. Just make sure you're in one of the very first groups off the ship (since you can't do walk-off yourself). And, do not take the cruise line transfers!! Get a taxi or join a shuttle van that is already full and just needs one more couple.

Just got off The Ruby this morning,At the airport by 9:00 for an 11:55 flight.

One word of caution: I am sorry if I offend anyone but I dislike Florida taxi drivers. We have had issues in the past and I am sick of being treated badly by some of them.

Here is what happened this morning, Met another passanger going to the airport we decided to share cab.My husband and I had one suitcase and so did the other person. We get to the airport and the meter says $11.20.

The driver stands there and insists it is a minimum of $20.00 .Hubby is actualy going to pay the guy . :rolleyes: I stand my ground and ask why the meter says $11.20??? After some argueing back and forth he insists We pay $11.20 and the other person pay 11.20... lol (like that was going to happen)!!

He got sick of me and said" Lady pay me whatever you want"! Yeah okay at that point I wanted to give him a swift kick, but I paid him $7.00 . Half of our cab fare. In the end he screwed himself out of a tip from us.

Don't mind paying our fare but geez this guy was somthing else!

I love fort lauderdale thouigh:D

I understand best is to walk off ourselves with luggage with a 10:45 flight out of FLL, but do you think we could be in the early groups and still make it to airport on time? There are two ships in port that day, i believe. We are a group of 7. i have some mobility issues, and will have my parents in their 70's with us. Not having to manage the luggage on our own off the ship would be an advantage. Though it isn't impossible, with strong young men in the group, too!

i know there are no guarantees with weather and mechanical issues, etc. But i just need some guidance about this. any tips are appreciated. we will be on american airlines. Thank you.

Archived