Free Majesty Of The Seas cruise?? We'll see...

While on craigslist today stumbled on this. " Absolutely NO Obligation, no strings attached! First come, first serve"

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/com/2098369831.html

I figure I take so much from this board, that I would throw caution to the wind and give something back. Take one for the team. I truly believe nothing is free. And yes. I gave them the cc#. They claim if you dont show they will charge you $100. OK..Fair enough. I am booked for the Jan 28th - 31st cruise.

I will let you all know what FREE cost after I get back:eek:.

I saw something similar on tv once - the news show interviewed a bunch of people who went on the free cruise. They said it was fine - they had to listen to some sort of sales pitch - but other than that it was a nice cruise. So, go have fun, listen to what they have say, just don't buy whatever they are selling and report back.

Kathy

Yeah. I figured as much. But we will see. It will be very interesting. I only did all this this afternoon. So I will let everyone know when I am actually booked on the ship via Royal. I called the Guy Jeff Smith and he seemed ok to me. But we will see come January. I am looking forward to tell you all if its legit!

Instead of going to listen to a hour of a sales pitch, you get to be a captive audience for a whole cruise... you had to sign up as a affliate I noticed .. and the word "attend" doesnt sound like a word Id use about a cruise. red flags all over

Make sure you practice the word NO before you leave .. and then have a good time.

Edited by firefly333

So, this is why my back to back cruise I had already paid for got screwed up. I had book this cruise back in June along with the 4 night following this one. Back in August this cruise disappeared from my reservation and it took me 2 weeks to finally get an answer from Royal Caribbean. Ended up changing to the Navigator of the Seas so I wouldn't have to pay to change my airfare. It was going to cost me $450 to change my flights and Royal Caribbean would only give me $200 for the inconvenience. I ended up getting $100 on board credit plus got to keep my $50 obc from the WOW sale I had. So, it didn't end up to bad.

JS - Yes they require a credit card number. And it was $100 " if" you're a no show. Now its the price of the cruise as of December 7th 2010.

They have not charged anything on my card as of this writing.

Rcr - I am sorry your back to back got bumped. Wasn't me:)

Janet 524 - Too good to be true? That remains to be seen. Stay tuned

Patseacruiser - Do they throw you overboard if you don't attend? LOL ...

Yes..... but I swim very well...LOL...Na seriously Call Jeff Smith. As far as the cabin, I will be in a room with a stranger.

But if you go I take go with someone. Heck, its almost free....almost.

Jazzydoors - No Royal Confirmation number yet. But I did call Royal and they did book the whole ship.

Everyone else - I am but the messenger. Its gonna be sold out soon. No risk, No reward. I wish I had all the answers but I am not part of it. I am attending because I am a cruise junkie. If I make a mistake, you will all know. If it turns out to be fantastic , you will all know that too.

I did speak to Elease at the Crown and Anchor Society. Website Solutions Chartered the whole ship for that weekend. So it is real. I would get on it fast because it will soon be gone.

Edited by cbostic817

For a week in some very upscale resorts we have sat through some "time share" pitches . No is a word they don't like but eventually they got it. A few hours for a great vacation. Hope your experience turns out well.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. I think it is great you are willing to share your experience with this board. Thanks.

Thanks Puffinater.

By the way the ad says for Miami area residents. That is not true. It would appear anyone can go.

What exactly does FREE cover. I wanted to know so here it is .. https://www.signup4.net/public/ap.aspx?EID=GIN212E&OID=148

Hope this helps someone. ;)

Edited by cbostic817

just signed up for this site. not that net savvy. from what i can tell, cruise is to short for a meet and mingle, but if anyone wants to meet up once on board drop a note on this thread.

From the linked Craigslist post:

Global Information Network has bought out 2 complete cruises on Royal Caribbean's newly renovated Majesty Of The Seas!

If you look at Royal Caribbean's site, you'll see that the January 21 and 28 weekend cruises are no longer listed, so that matches up with the claim here.

Edited by Daghis