"Semi-Live" Aboard the Celebrity Infinity - Panama Canal Nov 21 - Dec 5, 2010 W/Pics

sayvan

I absolutely loved your review Steve and felt like I was right there on the ship with ya'll. Ya'll look like a great group of people to sail with.

The only "negative" thing I have to say is....why Michigan?!! Lol. If you want to cheer for a Michigan team, a little Go Green, Go White goes a long way. :P (sorry, I was born and raised outside of Ann Arbor and preferred the farmers to the west). lol.

Thank you for such a detailed review. I may just have to look at a Celebrity cruise in the future. :)

I absolutely loved your review Steve and felt like I was right there on the ship with ya'll. Ya'll look like a great group of people to sail with.

The only "negative" thing I have to say is....why Michigan?!! Lol. If you want to cheer for a Michigan team, a little Go Green, Go White goes a long way. :P (sorry, I was born and raised outside of Ann Arbor and preferred the farmers to the west). lol.

Thank you for such a detailed review. I may just have to look at a Celebrity cruise in the future. :)

Thanks for the nice comments "Sparty" ;)... once a Wolverine always a Wolverine... and the game is on right now too! GO BLUE!

:cool:Sayvan:Thaks for the great review. We are booked for the Canal cruise from Ft Lauderdale to San Diego in March of 2012 so it was interesting to get ideas of what to do in some of the ports. It was interesting to read about your day with Rudy. We did a tour with him in March of 2010 while on the Radiance of the Seas Mexican Riveria. We actually had Rudy as our tour guide & we went to a Sea Turtle hatchery & got to release some turles. H etook us to a restaurant that had really great drinks. I liked your views of the fort in Columbia. It reminded me of the forts in San Juan & looks like a spot we will visit. Your review really helped since we are off for 14 days on the Connie from Ft Lauderdale on Feb 12. My dw thiks I take a lot of photos when we are on a cruise but you have taken about 4 to 5 times what I take. I also have the same camera as you & just love it. Have a great 2011. Alfred:cool:

Thanks for the nice comments "Sparty" ;)... once a Wolverine always a Wolverine... and the game is on right now too! GO BLUE!

Lol, I couldn't resist. I saw the first picture of you with your Michigan shirt on and I said to my husband...damn, I can't escape it. lol.

I'm pulling for Michigan as well in this game. Rich Rod needs this win.

What a wonderful review! ...and the pictures are fabulous! Thanks for taking the time so others could enjoy. I know it took a lot of time and effort.

BTW: Are you a Stratford native? Some of my best childhood memories are from Stratford....went to school ( Romeo P.S.) there for 3 1/2 years as a young child.( a long time ago...lol )

Wow, what a great review! It's taken me days to get through it, but I so enjoyed the detail and the beautiful photos. A panama canal cruise was already on my bucket list & now it's something I look forward to even more.

Especially loved the cartagena photos.

What a wonderful review! ...and the pictures are fabulous! Thanks for taking the time so others could enjoy. I know it took a lot of time and effort.

BTW: Are you a Stratford native? Some of my best childhood memories are from Stratford....went to school ( Romeo P.S.) there for 3 1/2 years as a young child.( a long time ago...lol )

I am glad you enjoyed the review. It was a pleasure to do and I think I may do one for every cruise I take now... Found it helps you reflect back on the good time you really had.

I am actually from Toronto but the DW is a Stratford native born and raised and of course we are living here. I know the school you are referring to and I would agree Stratford is a beautiful community!:)

What an AWESOME review! DH and I are doing a similiar itinerary on Princess in April. We start our journey in Acapulco, so I was interested in your cruise ports of Hualtalco and Costa Rica. Hualtalco looks amazing. My question is for Costa Rica. We definately want to do the river cruise like you did. Did you book through the cruise line or independently? I know these buses can randomly lose airconditioning, but getting lost? If you could reply to who you used I would greatly appreciate it! (LOVED your pics too!)

What an AWESOME review! DH and I are doing a similar itinerary on Princess in April. We start our journey in Acapulco, so I was interested in your cruise ports of Hualtalco and Costa Rica. Hualtalco looks amazing. My question is for Costa Rica. We definitely want to do the river cruise like you did. Did you book through the cruise line or independently? I know these buses can randomly lose airconditioning, but getting lost? If you could reply to who you used I would greatly appreciate it! (LOVED your pics too!)

Hi... glad you liked the review. We actually did the Costa Rica River cruise through Celebrity excursions. This was the only port we did not do our own thing. The reason we decided to go with the ship was because most of the tours for this port involved at least an hours drive to the location and some where even more from what I understand. Not being very familiar with the port we felt it was best to be on a ship excursion for this one just in case something went wrong and there was a delay getting back. As for the getting lost... they had recently had some flooding and the bus drivers claim was that the area looked very different because of all the wash outs etc.

In hindsight, I think I should have also included the tram ride as well as the river boat to get more from this port. There really was not much around where the actual ship docks.

Hi... glad you liked the review. We actually did the Costa Rica River cruise through Celebrity excursions. This was the only port we did not do our own thing. The reason we decided to go with the ship was because most of the tours for this port involved at least an hours drive to the location and some where even more from what I understand. Not being very familiar with the port we felt it was best to be on a ship excursion for this one just in case something went wrong and there was a delay getting back. As for the getting lost... they had recently had some flooding and the bus drivers claim was that the area looked very different because of all the wash outs etc.

In hindsight, I think I should have also included the tram ride as well as the river boat to get more from this port. There really was not much around where the actual ship docks.

Thanks for the reply! Your pics of the crocodile were incredible. I do see Princess offers this excursion with the aerial tram too.. Thanks again!

VERY entertaining review! I'm the only one at work this morning back after 12 days off for the holidays and since most of my co-workers won't be back for another week I have nothing much to do so I logged into CC and somehow without looking for it ran into this review and have spent the last hour plus "cruising" with you! Like many others I too feel like I just got off this ship with you, this being such a good review with all the pics. But my favorite part was the comment, "Vanda snapped a photo of me... just to prove I was there" as that is me on every vacation as well! I'm always the one taking the pictures so I end up in very few of them! Not that I care it's all about everyone and everything else for me but I can relate to that pic and comment so well! Thanks again for this thread.

Thanks for posting this review. I loved reading it.

I have always wanted to take a Panama Canal cruise, and now I want to take one now even more!

I would highly recommend the cruise.. I also noticed that you have the Carnival Spirit on your signature for Alaska... We were on her for Alaska and Hawaii... another great ship.

Someone was asking and yes I am in the process of putting together a few video's of the trip as well....

Thanks again to all for reading and taking the time to leave so many nice comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant review! We are on the Infinity through the Panama Canal on the 13th March, different itinerary to yours, but I hope we can enjoy ourselves as much as you did! Like you, we have never cruised with Celebrity before, really looking forward to it now.

Thanks

Alison

Hi Steve! Finally finished your fantastic review. We will be cruising the Canal on Infinity in 2012 with friends from Canada, Albert & Jane, who already posted here ahead of me. Infinity will be solstized by then. Your photos are wonderful, and the history, what did you read ahead of time? We are Michiganders and enjoyed seeing your t-shirt ,GO BLUE!!

Saw you had the High C's on your cruise. We saw them on the Connie this September in Europe. They were wonderful!!!

The Accapella group was called OnTap if that what you mean... I have to admit ..yes they were good however after awhile it started to sound a bit repetitive and each song was very similar...imho

Thank you for the vicarious journey. We've sailed on Infinity twice and hope to again when she's been "solsticized." We've only sailed Celebrity and have no plans to sail other ships other than Azamara. I do appreciate the time you spent sharing your vacation with us!

Two more months until we embark once again on Equinox and we can't wait.

I concur about the Eggs Benedict. Mmmmm.

WOW!!!

I have just spent a very enjoyable hour looking through all 15 pages! Great review, beautiful pictures! You have brought back SOOOO many wonderful memories. We were on the Infinity through the canal in September 2009 (16days! Seattle to Ft, Lauderdale) all I can say is LOVE the ship, the crew, and all the ports were wonderful. Probably the best vacation so far.

Thanks again for the memories!

Melody:D

WOW!!!

I have just spent a very enjoyable hour looking through all 15 pages! Great review, beautiful pictures! You have brought back SOOOO many wonderful memories. We were on the Infinity through the canal in September 2009 (16days! Seattle to Ft, Lauderdale) all I can say is LOVE the ship, the crew, and all the ports were wonderful. Probably the best vacation so far.

Thanks again for the memories!

Melody:D

Thanks... I really appreciate the kind words.... It was a lot of fun putting it all together.