"Semi-Live" Aboard the Celebrity Infinity - Panama Canal Nov 21 - Dec 5, 2010 W/Pics

sayvan

Sayvan, I'm glad your travelogue resurfaced a year later as it was a wonderful read! My husband just bought me a new camera and lo and behold, it's the same as the one you used. Let's cross our fingers that my cruise photos will turn out as well as yours. :D

I have always wanted to sail the Panama Canal. After reading your incredible photo-journal, I have no doubt that it will be sooner rather than later (we have to "get through" our upcoming Carribbean cruise first. :)

Your pictures are amazing, as well as your descriptions. I felt as if I were right there with you as you sailed through the Canal. You have a gift. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

I have always wanted to sail the Panama Canal. After reading your incredible photo-journal, I have no doubt that it will be sooner rather than later (we have to "get through" our upcoming Carribbean cruise first. :)

Your pictures are amazing, as well as your descriptions. I felt as if I were right there with you as you sailed through the Canal. You have a gift. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Thanks... Its hard to believe it was a year ago that we went on this trip.... seems like yesterday...

What a great review!! We're doing this cruise in November and I can't wait. We just got back from a transatlantic on Constellation two weeks ago and now I'm really looking forward to the canal. Thanks for taking the time to post your review and wonderful photos.

Carol

What a great review!! We're doing this cruise in November and I can't wait. We just got back from a transatlantic on Constellation two weeks ago and now I'm really looking forward to the canal. Thanks for taking the time to post your review and wonderful photos.

Carol

My pleasure I am glad so many people have enjoyed it. Makes it worth the time. I may have to do some more cruises just to make sure everyone can come along again...:)

Can't believe I missed this last year....but certainly glad it came up again. We sailed the Infinity in the opposite direction back a few years and it was great to live it in reverse....Done the canal twice now and you have refreshed the trip in our minds that we ill try to fit it in again...

I miss Stratford as I spent time there as a kid on my GrandParents farm which WAS in the middle of nowhere on Huron rd. Last I knew was a B&B on the left heading out past O'loane..

But I think I miss the Infinity more now ;)

• 2 months later...

Wow!!! That is all I can say! I am SOOO happy I came upon this....We have just booked the Carnival Miracle from NYC thru the canal to LA in March of 2013! You have done an amazing job on this review and have inspired me to keep researching and learning as much as possible prior to sailing!

We are from Mississauga and it is always a pleasure to hear from fellow Canucks!

I had no idea that Cartegena was so beautiful! I have bookmarked your review and will read it over and over again in the next year!

Cheers!

My pleasure I am glad so many people have enjoyed it. Makes it worth the time. I may have to do some more cruises just to make sure everyone can come along again...:)

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your trip with us! We really appreciate all the recommendations as well as the great pictures. We're booked for next year and you've made us even more excited.

Wow!!! That is all I can say! I am SOOO happy I came upon this....We have just booked the Carnival Miracle from NYC thru the canal to LA in March of 2013! You have done an amazing job on this review and have inspired me to keep researching and learning as much as possible prior to sailing!

We are from Mississauga and it is always a pleasure to hear from fellow Canucks!

I had no idea that Cartegena was so beautiful! I have bookmarked your review and will read it over and over again in the next year!

Cheers!

Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed it and I am sure you will enjoy your cruise. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Wow wow wow is all I can say! What an awesome review. We are sailing on Celebrity Century Jan 18, 2013 doing a 15 night Panama Canal cruise from Fort Lauderdale. Your review has been so wonderful to read through and enjoy the photos. I'm a little worried about the heat and humidity but I'll live.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your trip with us! We really appreciate all the recommendations as well as the great pictures. We're booked for next year and you've made us even more excited.

Thanks for taking the time to read it all.

Wow wow wow is all I can say! What an awesome review. We are sailing on Celebrity Century Jan 18, 2013 doing a 15 night Panama Canal cruise from Fort Lauderdale. Your review has been so wonderful to read through and enjoy the photos. I'm a little worried about the heat and humidity but I'll live.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review.

It was a pleasure... hard to believe it is still surviving the pages over a year after we went....

• 1 month later...

Hi Sayvan (Steve).

Just wanted to thank you also - I know it was a while ago you did this trip but I have been using your interesting information as research for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise in Jan 2013 on the Celebrity Century.

Another of our fellow cruisers led me to your review and I have since posted the link for others to take a look - hope you don't mind!!

Thanks again - happy cruising!

Cheers! :cool:

• 8 months later...
Hi Sayvan (Steve).

Just wanted to thank you also - I know it was a while ago you did this trip but I have been using your interesting information as research for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise in Jan 2013 on the Celebrity Century.

Another of our fellow cruisers led me to your review and I have since posted the link for others to take a look - hope you don't mind!!

Thanks again - happy cruising!

Cheers! :cool:

Glad you enjoyed it... I have a back to back coming up in March and April and will be on the Solstice for 29 days so a full and detailed review will follow when we return! Hope you enjoyed your cruise....

PS... I need to check this thread more often as I see you left your comment back in April!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2014 and this thread is still going! What a wonderful escape! Your photos and story were brilliant and I enjoyed every minute of reading it. Thank you for taking the time to post this all!

Thanks... Glad to hear folks are still enjoying the cruise...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 5 months later...