"Semi-Live" Aboard the Celebrity Infinity - Panama Canal Nov 21 - Dec 5, 2010 W/Pics

sayvan

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! I've been glued to my computer for the past hour. This has to be the best cruise review I have ever read and your photos are phenominal! Thank you so much.

Another Canuck:D

Thanks... videos should be ready soon as well...lol

• 4 weeks later...
Sayvan, Thank you for the great pictures and information of your Panama cruise. We will be going on the same cruise and ship out of San Diego April 10th. You did a great job. Thanks again. Donna & Ray:)

Enjoy your cruise... This was one of the best I have ever done...any questions just let me know.

sayvan, thank you so much for putting your review back on the front page. I have enjoyed it so much on a cold Sunday afternoon in the Pennines, South Yorkshire.

What a fantastic cruise you had. Never a wasted minute. I felt tearful on the last morning :(.

Thanks for the great review -- am leaving next week on the repositioning cruise-Valparaiso to Fort Lauderdale and was concerned about the ship--you set them all to rest ..thanks. One question--did you do the beverage plan or not? You seemed enjoy your cocktails and exercise program ;) which I will be sure to copy. I think you are sailing but hope you get back to me.

Sharon

He wrote (about mid-way) that he didn't get the pkg. He tipped well therefore not having to drink as much because they were stronger drinks.

Thanks for the great review -- am leaving next week on the repositioning cruise-Valparaiso to Fort Lauderdale and was concerned about the ship--you set them all to rest ..thanks. One question--did you do the beverage plan or not? You seemed enjoy your cocktails and exercise program ;) which I will be sure to copy. I think you are sailing but hope you get back to me.

Sharon

Sharon

As the previous poster mentioned I did not get the drink package. I thought about it long and hard however. Some of the friends we were with did have the package (premium) and it worked well for them. I quickly discovered that some extra tipping with certain bar servers worked like a charm and they in turn took good care of us;). My bar bill over the 14 days came in under the cost of the premium package and as you can see from the review I was never to far from a drink! The ship was beautiful. You do not need to worry... enjoy!

You put together a great review with awesome photos! Thank you taking the time to do that. I enjoyed reading it thru. I also leave on the Infinity V.Chile to Ft. Lauderdale. I can't wait!:D quote=sayvan;28199084]As the previous poster mentioned I did not get the drink package. I thought about it long and hard however. Some of the friends we were with did have the package (premium) and it worked well for them. I quickly discovered that some extra tipping with certain bar servers worked like a charm and they in turn took good care of us;). My bar bill over the 14 days came in under the cost of the premium package and as you can see from the review I was never to far from a drink! The ship was beautiful. You do not need to worry... enjoy!

I just spent the last 2 nights following your great narrative and enjoying the many wonderful pictures, VERY IMPRESSIVE. We were on the Island Princess sailing through the Panama Canal westbound at the same time Nov. 20 to Dec 5. That was the Princess ship you saw in Puntearenas, but didn't know the name of. Too bad you had some rain through the Canal, we had sunny weather in every port, except for a brief late afternoon shower in Panama City. Again A GREAT JOB!

Finn

• 4 weeks later...
I just spent the last 2 nights following your great narrative and enjoying the many wonderful pictures, VERY IMPRESSIVE. We were on the Island Princess sailing through the Panama Canal westbound at the same time Nov. 20 to Dec 5. That was the Princess ship you saw in Puntearenas, but didn't know the name of. Too bad you had some rain through the Canal, we had sunny weather in every port, except for a brief late afternoon shower in Panama City. Again A GREAT JOB!

Finn

Thanks so much for the very nice comments and also clarifying which Princess ship we saw in Puntearenas. Curious as to how that particular dock was? It was a fair distance from the town from what I recall.

• 3 weeks later...
Absolutely loved your pictures and review!!! I too was a bit concerned about the condition of Infinity for our upcoming Alaskan cruise and now I am confident she is ship shape and ready to go!!! That was a REAL labor of love!!!! ;)

Thank you... you will love Infinity.... I am hoping to have my video review of the adventure ready to go any day now

• 3 months later...

What a wonderful dialogue. We are leaving on the Infinity on September 26, leaving from Seattle to FLL. We live in Brampton, Ontario and we are meeting my sister and her husband who live in England. We haven't see each other for more than two years. We are already in the countdown stage and now I can't wait to do this trip. Thank you so much.

What a wonderful dialogue. We are leaving on the Infinity on September 26, leaving from Seattle to FLL. We live in Brampton, Ontario and we are meeting my sister and her husband who live in England. We haven't see each other for more than two years. We are already in the countdown stage and now I can't wait to do this trip. Thank you so much.

Thank you for the nice comments. I am sure you will not be disappointed. We are actually considering doing this cruise again at some point.

Edited by sayvan

• 4 weeks later...

Just spent a few hours going through your cruise review loved every minute and every photo.My wife myself and two good friends are going on the same cruise in 6 weeks time,this has made us even more exited.We are starting in Fort Lauderdale and finishing in San Diego.Hope we half as much fun as you all seemed to have.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

I just stumbled upon your thread today and I am compelled to tell you what a terrific job you have done. We're sailing on the Infinity to Panama from Ft. Lauderdale on October 13. I couldn't stop reading your posts today until I finished the entire thing. It was thrilling to see your pictures, they are wonderful. Congratulations on a job Well Done!! I can't wait for our trip and hope we are lucky enough to meet great people like you guys!

Reading your post and looking at your pics is really getting me excited. we have a group of 12 sailing Oct.28 from San Diego for the 15 day Panama Canal Cruise. It's my first cruise on Celebrity and your right every cruise is a good one,I could have a good time on a row boat so I know I will have a good time. Thanks for your post.;)

• 2 months later...
Hi Steve,

I just stumbled upon your thread today and I am compelled to tell you what a terrific job you have done. We're sailing on the Infinity to Panama from Ft. Lauderdale on October 13. I couldn't stop reading your posts today until I finished the entire thing. It was thrilling to see your pictures, they are wonderful. Congratulations on a job Well Done!! I can't wait for our trip and hope we are lucky enough to meet great people like you guys!

Thanks for the nice comments. I really should follow up sooner. I hope you enjoyed your cruise.