"Semi-Live" Aboard the Celebrity Infinity - Panama Canal Nov 21 - Dec 5, 2010 W/Pics

sayvan

The weather was warm and sunny today and the skyline of Miami looked as great as it ever has (although I do prefer it on embarkation rather then debarkation).

P1060885.jpg

P1060886.jpg

Another ship in Port:

P1060887.jpg

We then preceded to the Theatre and waited to disembark the ship. By 10 am we were off the ship, through customs and in a cab heading for the airport. Our flight was not until 4 pm so we had some time to well do nothing for a bit. The flight home was uneventful (thank god!) and now I wait for my next adventure.

As I reflect on the the last fourteen days and all the fun we had along the way, the journey was something to behold. We met some great people along the way. Some were cruise critic members and some were not. The Infinity is a gorgeous and well looked after ship. I have little to complain about. The staff on board took very good care of us and all the other passengers from what I could see. Our room steward Peter, was always available and always went out of his way to say hello (even if he was in another room and heard you in the hall).

The Itinerary of this cruise was well placed with the ports evenly spaced between sea days. This made for some great relaxation and allowed you to really enjoy the ship.

The ports were beautiful and many had numerous activities to offer.

It seemed like only yesterday we were embarking in Los Angeles:

P1040608-1.jpg

Then visiting "Lands End" in Cabo San Lucas:

P1040793.jpg

or sailing into beautiful Acapulco:

P1040959.jpg

Continued from previous post:

We then moved into Huatulco, Mexico:

P1050406.jpg

and Puntarenas, Costa Rica:

P10506172.jpg

The Main Event - The Canal:

P1060113.jpg

and my favourite port on this trip Cartagena:

P1060467.jpg

This has been a trip that I could never have imagined. We sailed from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean, with many stops in between. Our first cruise on Celebrity probably won't be our last. The Infinity had everything and more to offer. She did us very well.

P1050535.jpg

So as the sun sets on my review, I trust you have enjoyed joining us on our journey between two oceans. I want to thank those who have left comments and showed me that you truly were interested in what I had to say about this trip. For those that did not leave comments, I also thank you for joining me and following along on this adventure. I hope, I have helped some of you, as well, if your considering a trip on Infinity or to the Panama Canal.

If anyone has any further comments please do leave them, if you have any questions ask away... It's been a blast... While doing this review I actually felt as if I was still on Infinity at times....

I will leave you with the following lyrics from a great song. I think this sums up the entire Journey:

Lovely Cruise:

Drink it up

This ones for you

It's been a lovely cruise

I'm sorry it's ended

It's sad but it's true

Honey, it's been a lovely cruise

These moments were left with

May you always remember

These moments are shared by few

There's wind in our hair

And there's water in our shoes

These moments we're left with

May you always remember

These moments are shared by few

And those harbor lights

Aw they're coming into view

We bid our farewell much too soon

So drink it up

This one's for you

Yea baby, it's been a lovely cruise

Oh darlin' it's been a lovely cruise

Thanks for cruising along with me on this adventure, till next time.... Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for the most informative & detailed review. We will be taking the Infinity from FLL to SAN in Oct. Really looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing your show with us on utube, you have a very nice voice.

Maybe one time we will meet on a future cruise.

Until... thanks again

Suz

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for the most informative & detailed review. We will be taking the Infinity from FLL to SAN in Oct. Really looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing your show with us on utube, you have a very nice voice.

Maybe one time we will meet on a future cruise.

Until... thanks again

Suz

Thank you very much Suz. Looks like you have a number of cruises already on your agenda. If we are ever on the same cruise I will be easy to find... I'll be at the Mast Bar! ;)

Thanks for the comments... I was wondering if anyone was following along... I use a Panasonic Lumix Z28 camera. Its an incredible little unit with very nice features. Pretty much point and shoot... again thanks for enjoying the review.

I just booked the 15 day Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal cruise from San Diego to Ft. Laurderdale. Got on CC hoping to read someone's experience and found your posts. I feel like I'm already there!

Thanks for taking the time to let us live vicariously through you until we can experience Infinity for real! Your pictures are great!:):)

Well when you told us you were going to do a blog on the cruise we had no idea the detail you would cover things in! Such a fantastic review, allowed us to relive the entire thing. You are generous with your time and your thoughts and there will be many grateful people on this site who are now in a better position to plan their Panama Canal cruise on the Infinity.

As you know it was only our second cruise. Had a sensational time on our first cruise but nothing like we experienced on this one. The combination of ports and the wonderful people we met really will make this cruise hard to beat.

That first day when you stumbled upon us in the Oceanview Bar and offered to take our photo, when you left Reg commented that you seemed like a great group of people. Apparently every time he spotted you guys you all had a drink in your hands so he thought you might be contenders for a good time. When we got to our table that night and you were all there it seemed like fate! We would be honoured to cruise with yourselves and Craig and Vicki any time in the future if you think you could put up with us. In fact if I could take our entire table on all of our future cruises I reckon we could be guaranteed a good time.

Take care and keep in touch.

Tracy & Reg

Thanks so much for the great review and pictures. Last January we did an excursion to the Panana Canal but didn't really see the entire beauty of it all as shown in your pictures.

While we have cruised mostly with Carnival, we also, are now booked on a Celebrity cruise in November. I am hoping that after cruising on the Oasis of the Seas, Celebrity Silhouette will be a ship that meets our expections from many of the reviews that people have given RCL.

Again Thank You!

Steve - Thank you so much for posting such a thorough review. I have been following along daily since the beginning. We will be sailing Infinity to Alaska in May. It was nice to see some pictures of the open deck, because we may not get out there much. :) I also enjoyed seeing all of the interior photos. We have only sailed Celebrity once before and it was several years ago, so now I know what to look forward to on this ship. Thanks again!

I just booked the 15 day Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal cruise from San Diego to Ft. Laurderdale. Got on CC hoping to read someone's experience and found your posts. I feel like I'm already there!

Thanks for taking the time to let us live vicariously through you until we can experience Infinity for real! Your pictures are great!:):)

Thanks for the generous words.... I am sure you will enjoy this ship and the cruise.... as you can see we had a blast... if you have any specific question just let me know and I will see if I can answer them... Thanks for taking the time to read the review.

This is the best review I've ever read. Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a detailed review. And, the PICTURES! The pics are gorgeous and you are a very, very talented photographer.

Thanks.... I took over 2500 pictures and needed to do something with some of them....;)

I see you are going on the Valor in a few months. We were on the Valor last February and if you have any questions or want to see some pics of her let me know. We can figure out after how to do that. We also had a great time and loved the Valor as well.

Hi Steve! I truly enjoyed reading your review. Your pics and thoughts are almost identical to mine and my husband's. We loved this cruise, the ship, our tablemates, and most everyone we met. I was going to post some pics and comments, but you've been so thorough, I don't think i will. With any luck, we'll run into you on another cruise, and if not, Bon Voyage anyway! Take care, and thanks again for writing and reminding me of what a great time it was.

Well when you told us you were going to do a blog on the cruise we had no idea the detail you would cover things in! Such a fantastic review, allowed us to relive the entire thing. You are generous with your time and your thoughts and there will be many grateful people on this site who are now in a better position to plan their Panama Canal cruise on the Infinity.

As you know it was only our second cruise. Had a sensational time on our first cruise but nothing like we experienced on this one. The combination of ports and the wonderful people we met really will make this cruise hard to beat.

That first day when you stumbled upon us in the Oceanview Bar and offered to take our photo, when you left Reg commented that you seemed like a great group of people. Apparently every time he spotted you guys you all had a drink in your hands so he thought you might be contenders for a good time. When we got to our table that night and you were all there it seemed like fate! We would be honoured to cruise with yourselves and Craig and Vicki any time in the future if you think you could put up with us. In fact if I could take our entire table on all of our future cruises I reckon we could be guaranteed a good time.

Take care and keep in touch.

Tracy & Reg

Hey Tracy and Reg... It was a fantastic cruise and you are right the folks we met and the fun we all had together were a huge part of that. We would love to Cruise with you guys again and I am sure once Vicki and Craig get back from their never ending vacation, we will start planning another... I kinda had that end of the cruise feeling when I made my last entry last night as well :(.... how crazy is that!

I am sure we will run into each other on facebook as well... Say hi to Reg and Happy New Year to you both!

Steve,

What an absolutely fabulous review!!!!!! We leave tomorrow for an almost identical cruise on the Connie and have been avidly following your posts. Thanks again for taking the time to work on this.

Tom and Barb

Thanks and I am sure you will have a great time.... I hope my review has helped with some questions you may have had on the Ports.

Hi Steve! I truly enjoyed reading your review. Your pics and thoughts are almost identical to mine and my husband's. We loved this cruise, the ship, our tablemates, and most everyone we met. I was going to post some pics and comments, but you've been so thorough, I don't think i will. With any luck, we'll run into you on another cruise, and if not, Bon Voyage anyway! Take care, and thanks again for writing and reminding me of what a great time it was.

Hi Heidi... glad you enjoyed the review... I should have mentioned that all the fun really started with the Cab ride to the hotel from LAX..... All the best in the New Year to you and Dave.

Wonderful review Steve, I really enjoyed it and your attitude towards cruising. But now I can cancel our upcoming cruise this fall of the Panama Canal on the Infinity and book something else as I feel I've already been on it thanks to your in depth review.........nah, not really, it just makes me look more forward to our next cruise.

Thanks again for the time you took doing this.

Thanks so much for a wonderful review. A cruise through the Panama Canal has been on my list and I have lusted over the appearance of Celebrity ships but was afraid that we wouldn't fit in with the other cruisers. After reading your review and see your photos it makes me feel more comfortable stepping out to another cruise line.

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your review and all of the fabulous pictures! A Panama Canal cruise is definitely on my bucket list. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this and Happy New Year, too.:)

Heather

Thanks and Happy New Year.... From a Leaf fan to a Senators fan.... ;) Big game tomorrow.....