What are you wearing on your next formal night?

I have two long black dresses and two shorter black dresses. So we'll see which ones I prefer as I get closer to our cruise.....a mere 19 days away!

I dress up daily - professional and conservative - for work and I love getting ready and planning outfits. I have plenty of sparkly jewelry, purses and shoes so I really enjoy it. And on the cruise I can show cleavage, which my husband loves and I have plenty of. LOL! I always think lower necklines look more glam.

Now...he's a musician and prefers the casual way, but I'll be bringing him a dark suit and tie.

I just can't wait!!!!

I am wearing the same thing I wore for my niece's recent wedding: a long, dark brown "goddess-style" dress. It's not a super formal gown at all. It's a simple dress I got for $20. It folds nice and small, doesn't wrinkle too much, and looks great when a few simple accessories are added.

I will be wearing a stunning floor length purple dress that I just found on sale last weekend. I haven't decided on accessories yet. I'll also take a shorter black dress for the second formal night on my Princess cruise. The purple dress will make a reappearance for my Navigator cruise and unless I've dieted my way out of it, it will also be worn on my Star Princess cruise later in the year. I get my money's worth out of clothes.

We are hopefully going on the Carnival Valor on Feb 27th this next year, as soon as my DH gets the okay from his command.

He WILL be wearing his dress uniform because I asked him to (and he has no other nice clothes!) and I will be wearing a cocktail length dress one night and a floor length dress the other, no puffy ballgowns, but still considered quite fancy. Where else do I get to dress nicely, I work outside!

I can't wait for the cruise and my hubby in his dress uniform, he is so handsom!:)

Amy

• 5 weeks later...

Jatdowning....I love the first dress the best so pretty. I also love the last black one with the hit of pink around the waste so cute on you. The middle is pretty also but I just love the other two so much better on you. You will look fab girl!

Rather than skip formal nights (though I can be tempted) I have found a dress that is foolproof. Comfortable, no need for special undies, fits like a dream and indestructible - folded in a box on a hanger for 10 days and came out perfect. Hubby absolutely LOVES me in this dress as it is very fitted and ultra-flattering, but covers everything. (Leaves just a bit to the imagination.) I realize that is is much simpler than many choose for formal night, but it is timeless elegance with lovely diamond studs and simple accessories...MUCH better than too many sequins, too much cleavage and too tight!

PS - IT'S ON SALE TOO...

http://www.6pm.com/tahari-by-asl-s-l-envelope-collar-jacquard-dress-black?channel=71&mr:referralID=5ed69146-2cc0-11e0-af68-001b2166becc

Hi, I sail this Saturday:D and will be bringing a long red dress and a tea

length black dress. Not sure I will be wearing both because the first

formal night is Sunday and I will be watching the SUPERBOWL. If the

ship decides to change the first formal night to MONDAY then I will

wear both.

Yes, I am a BIG football fan and booked the cruise with full knowledge

it is SUPERBOWL SUNDAY:D....I never miss the game and will not miss

it this year either:) but will not be formally dressed for it;)

Archived