What is your favorite month to cruise

KsCrafter

We always cruise in hurricane season - cheaper and the kids are in school. Also, being from Key West, the threat of hurricanes is not unusual. We also enjoy any spring short cruise that's inexpensive, like on the Destiny. We usually take Mom on that cruise.:)

We prefer in the middle may , most kids are still in school, the college kids are looking for summer jobs (as our daughter has a coaching job for Soccer camp at notre dame) Its not too hot and the prices are great....its what we have been doing since we started cruises with a few exceptions!

We were just at Maho in St. Maarten and the Marriott in St. Kitts the first week of Dec and I was shocked how cold the water was!! I am used to the warm Gulf of Mexico--about 86 degrees in the summer!! My husband, who grew up on the east coast beaches thought it was fine, but to my warm natured self, it was c-o-l-d!! I got used to it after being in a bit, but I like walking into water that doesn't make me shiver the first few minutes I'm in it :)

To answer the question, my favorite month(s) to cruise are 1. Sept 2. Oct and 3. Nov

Edited by Vanessa L

We like to cruise any time we can, so long as there isn't a threat of a hurricane or anything brewing in the Atlantic! We've gone in January, February, March, April, May and September, all of which were nice sailings. Never had a problem really with the boat rocking. This last one we took in September was the smoothest sailing of all! The ocean was glass!

I live in Florida. January is a terrible month to cruise. Last January we had snow in Florida. Very Very cold in January. The Challenger space shuttle blew up after being launched in late January after a hard freeze. Too cold to cruise. I like March or April. Even May but many cruise lines like Princess dont offer May Cruises. Dont cruise during Hurricane season too risky!

October the weather is picture postcard wonderful around here.

I plan to book a cruise in March. The price is good on the Crown princess.

Hello:

I would have to say our favorite month is mid October, the weather is usually in the 50's in Philadelphia. Less children and college kids.

We leave home with jackets, arrive in Florida(most of the time) to sail

and off come the jackets and out come the shorts we pack in our carry-on bag.

I've been about 6 times in October and have always had great weather in the Carribbean while cruising and it only rained once. October is a favorite for us.

Happy Sailing.

Chiming in from Montreal!

We have sailed in November for both cruises. Weather was pretty good...except...1 night on the Valor half the ship was sick from all the rockin' and rollin'! Of our party of 8, 4 had to head back to their rooms. Thankfully, this only lasted 1 night. Last month on the Liberty, our last night was pretty rocky, but no problem.

Early November is a great time to cruise: good fares, and great weather. We are looking at March 2012 for our next adventure!

Early December the ships are all decorated for the holidays and it's just beautiful,kids still in school, good rates this time of year, nothing like seeing Christmas decorations in your shorts at the ports!:D

We were just on our first xmas cruise and I must say I did enjoy seeing the ship decorated and there is nothing like christmas music being played by calypso bands. Def puts a new twist on things. I even bought the most beautiful hand painted ornaments in St Martin...who would have thought

May - the kids are still in school, weather is good and Julie Mangoes are ripe in the Caribbean. Yum!

I agree. Weather is usually near perfect and the kids are in school. We also cruise in January, but have found the water too cold for swimming in the Western Caribbean and sometimes the sea days are downright frigid coming and going from Galveston. We cruised this year in late August and it was beastly hot in the Caribbean and on the sea days and the ship was full of wild children and teens even though school started in our area the week before.

just got back on a December 12th cruise.....did not pack enough sweaters, jackets, etc.....never got my toes in the sand.....but the Christmas decorations on the Sensation were gorgeous! I dont think I will take a chance in December again, but the prices in Jan/Feb are looking really good! Kids are in school, prices good, no hurricanes....

1980949382_cruise2010090.jpg.9fbdfe620be342b729690febc9343c30.jpg

Hello, Fellow RI Cruisers here, going to Destiny Jan 24th

HiYa P&J We did Destiny a couple of years ago, to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau..it was a nice cruise.

This one, we are going Southern Caribbean, so no worries about it being warm enough, even if it's chilly in Florida. :)

As a New Englander, I've always found the water just fine for swimming and snorkeling in the winter months.