If I purchase alcohol on first half of B2B ,Can I use it on second half

boomonster

Just a quick question again. If I purchase a bottle of Grey Goose or anything else I may fancy from shop or shore on the first lag of our B2B, will they deliver it to your room the night before dembarkation so could I have it for part 2 ? We do have to switch rooms so don't know if they may cause a problem. Just wondering.

Just a quick question again. If I purchase a bottle of Grey Goose or anything else I may fancy from shop or shore on the first lag of our B2B, will they deliver it to your room the night before dembarkation so could I have it for part 2 ? We do have to switch rooms so don't know if they may cause a problem. Just wondering.

I have never had a problem, but you never know. I have heard that sometimes the b2b list is checked and the delivery will not take place until the end of your next cruise. But, I have not had this happen to me. Good luck.

Anne :)

will you buy it regardless of when it is delivered?

On a recent RCL B2B I wanted to give a bottle to a friend I was visiting in town on turnaround day. I went to the duty free shop the last full day of cruise number one, and they handed my the bottle. I was able to give it to my friend on turnaround day. If the clerk had insisted on keeping it for another week, I'd have canceled the sale and visited without a gift. YMMV.

This is a very interesting inquiry. We have never done a back to back, but I have often wondered if we did; and, St.Thomas was on both legs, could we disembark at Port Everglades and store our booze in our vehicle on the first leg, then re board and repeat the procedure on the second end of the journey.

This is a very interesting inquiry. We have never done a back to back, but I have often wondered if we did; and, St.Thomas was on both legs, could we disembark at Port Everglades and store our booze in our vehicle on the first leg, then re board and repeat the procedure on the second end of the journey.

I cannot imagine why you could not, unless they are checking the b2b list.

Anne :)

I am very sure the OP was looking for a way to have the booze onboard to consume.

Totally different than your situation. You are just looking for a way to take it to your car. Other than getting around some possible customs issue, that would just a be a pain to deal with. I see no reason that you could not take your booze, dirty clothes, or expensive T-shirts and put them in your car.

I bought 2 bottles of vodka & one of Amaretto the last evening of my first leg. I was handed my goods & carried them to my cabin where I enjoyed them for leg #2.

We had the opposite experience. The shop onboard had a list of those doing a back to back (there was a large number of those doing a back - over

370) and checked it before handing over any liquor on the last night of the first cruise. Any alcohol bought on the first cruise was held until the last night of the second cruise (delivered to our new room as we had a different cabin on the second leg).

The answer to this question when asked previously, has always been whether the list of B2B cruisers is checked by personel or not. You won't know until you try :D:mad:. Paying a non-B2B cruiser to buy for you on the last night seems to be the full proof way to get a bottle for the second leg.

We had the opposite experience. The shop onboard had a list of those doing a back to back (there was a large number of those doing a back - over

370) and checked it before handing over any liquor on the last night of the first cruise. Any alcohol bought on the first cruise was held until the last night of the second cruise (delivered to our new room as we had a different cabin on the second leg).

That is surprising. Was it a Celebrity cruise?

I have heard that sometimes the b2b list is checked and the delivery will not take place until the end of your next cruise. But, I have not had this happen to me. Good luck.

Hi Anne

With our B2B2B planning, I hope they don't scan the list too closely. ;)

That is surprising. Was it a Celebrity cruise?

Yes it was a Celebrity cruise - we only cruise Celebrity - back to back Med and transatlantic!

We thought it was rather strict as you were allowed to bring alcohol purchases from ports in Europe back to your cabin (at that time-I understand they no longer allow that).

The answer to this question when asked previously, has always been whether the list of B2B cruisers is checked by personel or not. You won't know until you try :D:mad:. Paying a non-B2B cruiser to buy for you on the last night seems to be the full proof way to get a bottle for the second leg.

We've done several b2bs, with both X and RCCL.

Our experience has been that:

• Yes, they do check, and hold your liquor purchase until the night before your second cruise ends
  • As biker suggests, the most foolproof way is to pay someone disembarking after the first cruise to purchase liquor on your behalf - we asked our dinner table companions.

If you buy from the store on board the last night do they hand it over to you immediately?

Yes. This has been our experience when doing this on a non B2B cruise. The only B2B cruises we've done, which we returned from just last month, we had a friend give us a bottle of vodka at the end of the first cruise.

We didn't try buying one onboard since we didn't want to bring a bottle home on our flights if we didn't get it at the end of the first cruise as extra luggage charges were a possibility.

We were recently on Carnival and advised a fellow b2b person to purchase it the last evening and take it back to your cabin yourself. They didn't listen and purchased it earlier in the cruise and it was held until the end of the second leg.

Our back up plan was to have a non B2B person buy it for us. We had a pocketful of cash and doubt we would have had any trouble finding a kind soul to help us out. ;)

Archived