having problems with celebrity website

kenorus

I have booked the celebrity equinox for march 21 and it will not let me on to book shore excursions. It keeps saying that my reservation is being modified. My final payment is not due till january 5th so not sure if that is having an impact on it. They let me on once and everything was fine now i can not view anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jane

Hi,

...if this is a problem you're encountering since after close of normal business hours on Friday, it's likely due to weekend "updating" that gets done on the website.

I was told a couple of years ago by a supervisor I asked to speak with when I called Celebrity about a website problem that it is their policy to do updates and site maintenance on the weekends.

Yes, that's frustrating for all of the techno-savvy, but it's a better time so that travel agents aren't impacted.

Given that there has just recently been a major re-design of the website, I'm sure they're having on-going work on it.

Try your access again Monday and see if things don't go better.

Just trying to offer a suggestion why things may not be working right now....

Best of luck, and have a FANTASTIC time aboard Equinox!

CM

• 9 months later...

I received an email offering entry into a Celebrity sweepstakes. I filled in everything requested, but the page would not accept the state (USA). It only offers "Select". After wasting considerable time, I realized that Celebrity doesn't want comments on Web site problems and offers no way to submit them except perhaps by telephone.

Ref. http://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/SweepStakesModernLuxury/Register?ecid=em_17867637&rid=144891704&mes=Celebrity%20Modern%20Luxury%20Sweeps%20Solicitation%202011%20EM&emsc=CPR0000000000YE&empf=Y&emct=&lnkid=SWEEPS_MODLUX

I have booked the celebrity equinox for march 21 and it will not let me on to book shore excursions. It keeps saying that my reservation is being modified. My final payment is not due till january 5th so not sure if that is having an impact on it. They let me on once and everything was fine now i can not view anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jane

Are shore excursions available for your cruise yet? Looks to be at least 170 days out or so.

Celebrity has not been my favorite website. It probably is the slowest I have ever experienced. You really have to "fiddle" with it.

Having said that, it probably is way too early to book your shore excursions. Dont forget that you have to pay for them up front when you order them, so you should probably wait until at least after final payment has been made.

I did have the salutation. It seems to be browser-dependent. There was no way to select a state with Internet Explorer or Chrome. I was able to complete the form using Firefox, which provides a drop-down list of states as expected.

I did have the salutation. It seems to be browser-dependent. There was no way to select a state with Internet Explorer or Chrome. I was able to complete the form using Firefox, which provides a drop-down list of states as expected.

I just completed the sweepstakes from the link you posted using Chrome. No problems whatsoever, was able to input state in easily. USA is the country btw, not state, per your first post, maybe that was a typo.

While their website is not user friendly I never seem to have the problems I see people talking about here. Makes me wonder how many errors are actually pabkac.

• 2 years later...

Today I have tried to make a payment in My Celebrity, but after entering the credit card details en clicking on 'make payment' I got an error page.

I am using Safari, but had the same problem when using Chrome.

Solution anyone?

Every time I use X website I have a problem when using a IPad. It shuts down Safari and I then have to reopen it. For some reason it always takes the second time to work.

When managing my cruise I use a laptop and always have a problem getting to to accept the personal information when doing the on line check in. Everytime I have to call X to get it corrected. One problem is there are 3 different manage your cruise tabs and it seems as if I always pick the wrong one. I was told that the one is only for one thing and the other for check in. Then why have them labeled the same with the "ability" to do what it can't?

Last week I was trying to do the on line check in and had the same problem. Called X and told the rep about the issue. I said that this has been going on for at least 2 years and it is not only me but many on CC also complain and it seems as if nothing is being done. Was told that X is aware of the problems on the web site and are trying to correct them. I then said that we have been hearing that for years and nothing has changed.

Edited by miched

I just completed the sweepstakes from the link you posted using Chrome. No problems whatsoever, was able to input state in easily. USA is the country btw, not state, per your first post, maybe that was a typo.

While their website is not user friendly I never seem to have the problems I see people talking about here. Makes me wonder how many errors are actually pabkac.

Same with us - never run into these problem - weird. We use Firefox, don't know if that makes a difference. And no problems with my iPad but I don't use it to check in.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have tried: iPad and Mac using both Safari and Google Chrome. Just now I started up the old laptop with Windows Vista.

All with the same result. Went to My Clelebrity, clicked 'make payment' and then after all lokked well with card details: " We're Sorry PAGE NOT FOUND" after "submit payment"

I am not going to phone from Holland to the USA at my expense wanting to pay for our cruise. It is Celebrity's responsibility to make their site work!

I've got 3 cruises booked, but the one I WANT to access to view edocs.... that says "Site down for maintenance", but it's NOT down for maintenance. I can get into the other 2 reservations.

3 days ago I could get in my November res. if I didn't log into My Celebrity first, but instead entered my reservation number, ship and date. Now that doesn't work either.

2 days ago I could get in w/ Chrome but not in Safari. Today I can get in w/ Safari but not Chrome! (though now my printer isn't working w/ my laptop using safari) So there isn't even any browser consistency with their website, despite their recommendations.

• 1 year later...

First they changed the sailing ports on our March 20th 2016 Eclipse to do an overnight in Barbados. Under My Celebrity it shows a 5PM departure from Barbados on the second day.. However if one were just booking the cruise and looked at the itinerary it shows 5AM which would make you think that you have another day at sea.

Another problem is with the drink package pricing.. on the website it says 78 for premium and 66 for classic... under my own bookings the two S-Class ships we have booked show 92 for the Premium while the M-Class shows 78 for the premium. AND if i was a first timer and actually walked through the purchase of the premium it charges you the 92 so it is not a typo error it is a system error... I am finding you can't trust the website and have to constantly double check stuff.

The website is still awful. I am trying to add 3 cruises and it says to add them while logged out of your Celebrity account even though that is where you add them. I keep calling them more because of these qliches

Check the date on Post #1 on this thread: 2011. The Celebrity website was bad then, it hasn't improved -- so no surprise it's still bad now! Thank God the onboard experience is so much better than the website. ;)

I received an email offering entry into a Celebrity sweepstakes. I filled in everything requested, but the page would not accept the state (USA). It only offers "Select". After wasting considerable time, I realized that Celebrity doesn't want comments on Web site problems and offers no way to submit them except perhaps by telephone.

Ref. http://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/SweepStakesModernLuxury/Register?ecid=em_17867637&rid=144891704&mes=Celebrity%20Modern%20Luxury%20Sweeps%20Solicitation%202011%20EM&emsc=CPR0000000000YE&empf=Y&emct=&lnkid=SWEEPS_MODLUX

I too tried and failed. Would not drop down for state and thus would not submit. Bummer.

Should I be worried?? When I booked my cruise I was told that transfers to and from the ship were included. I can't see mention of them ANYWHERE on my reservation or on My Celebrity page. Am I looking in the wrong place? Where would this be mentioned?

Also I booked a soda package for my husband. Again absolutely no mention of it on My Celebrity. I did it before the price increase. Where would I see this package listed as paid for on My Celebrity?