Long beach hotel pre-cruise

deena26

thanks for the reply. I tried the carnival code at the Maya. It did not work, I also spoke to someone at the desk. The room is 170 garden view plus tax.

Maybe because it is so far out. We are looking for Apr 2012. We are coming from the Northeast and want to take care of all reservations now. I looked into a lot of hotels in the area they are all booked, already. I guess the Toyota Grand Prix is going on that weekend in Long Beach.

Did you try it online or by calling (I tried calling, they said it wasn't a code, I did mine online)? That's how I did it. Maybe all of those rooms are booked.

thanks for the reply. I tried the carnival code at the Maya. It did not work, I also spoke to someone at the desk. The room is 170 garden view plus tax.

Maybe because it is so far out. We are looking for Apr 2012. We are coming from the Northeast and want to take care of all reservations now. I looked into a lot of hotels in the area they are all booked, already. I guess the Toyota Grand Prix is going on that weekend in Long Beach.

Has anyone stayed here before cruising? Price is very reasonable for 1 night and reviews are very good. Is it very far from Carnival terminal? We just need 1 night and will have to taxi, no shuttle service. All the other hotels near port are booked for April 2012 except Maya at $200 a night.

It's a nice area...there are restaurants, shopping, etc. and it's one of Long Beach's more upscale areas...BUT it's about 8 miles from the pier...no freeways, all city streets...lots of traffic lights between there and the pier...

I will try doing Priceline for our hotel for the night before the cruise. Would anyone know if the bid is accepted, would we get a wk of parking at the hotel too?

I am planing to do the same as hotel maya is not available on the date I am arriving. But I am not sure if bid hotel will include the parking

The contract Hotel Maya has with Carnival expires around the 10th of December, 2011. Hopefully they will renew the contract for 2012. We are also going in April 2012 (on the 22nd). Try Hotel Current. They are around $109, include free parking for the week, free shuttle service, and free breakfast.

The contract Hotel Maya has with Carnival expires around the 10th of December, 2011. Hopefully they will renew the contract for 2012. We are also going in April 2012 (on the 22nd). Try Hotel Current. They are around $109, include free parking for the week, free shuttle service, and free breakfast.

Hotel maya is available everyday on Sep expect the 3 day weekend before my cruise date. I heard hotel current is far from the terminal, and I am afraid the waiting time for the shuttle will be long when we get back from the cruise. But thank you for your advice

Thanks for all the advise about hotels. Great help!

The Grand Prix is going on the weekend we need a hotel before cruise. Most hotels are booked already. Our group has made a reservation at the Hotel Current. We know it is 5 miles from the Port but they will shuttle us for free and it sounds like it is a pretty good neighborhood. Price was very good.

We stayed at the Hilton LB last year on the Carnival Corp code for $99.00. It included parking for 7 days and comp xfers to the pier. Walking distance to the main restaurants and waterfront was about 10-15min. Great hotel. This year, we are booked at the Hotel Maya on the Carnival Corp code for $99.00 w/free parking and comp xfers to the ship. If you can get the corp code, I would go for either one of these hotels.

Was glad to find the prior comments in this thread as I had booked the Comfort Inn on Willow for our cruise out of Long Beach...have now switched the the Doubletree Maya. I do have some concerns about actually finding the hotel! I've read several reviews which were very positive about the hotel itself, but which commented that it was difficult to get to, even using a GPS! If anyone has any "tips" about things to look out for in getting to the hotel, it would be appreciated.

Larry in Tucson

Using carnival code 0560018220...called direct...does include 7 days of parking...great deal! 103 for water view + tax!

was glad to find the prior comments in this thread as i had booked the comfort inn on willow for our cruise out of long beach...have now switched the the doubletree maya. I do have some concerns about actually finding the hotel! I've read several reviews which were very positive about the hotel itself, but which commented that it was difficult to get to, even using a gps! If anyone has any "tips" about things to look out for in getting to the hotel, it would be appreciated.

Larry in tucson

Was glad to find the prior comments in this thread as I had booked the Comfort Inn on Willow for our cruise out of Long Beach...have now switched the the Doubletree Maya. I do have some concerns about actually finding the hotel! I've read several reviews which were very positive about the hotel itself, but which commented that it was difficult to get to, even using a GPS! If anyone has any "tips" about things to look out for in getting to the hotel, it would be appreciated.

Larry in Tucson

It is hard to find. Stayed there a couple years ago and even with GPS took us a while. Use your GPS and Mapquest combined and that will help some. The turn off for it is small and feels like you are driving the wrong way on a freeway onramp, but that's the road you take. If you go in the daytime, I think you will have a much easier time finding it, we were looking for it around 10:30 at night.

When we stayed at the Maya in June, our shuttle driver had a hard time finding it, he kept looking for a 'Doubletree Inn', but the sign out front says Maya in big letters and in very small letters says Doubletree Inn. I had to tell him to look for the Maya. We ended up passing it once, had to get back on the freeway and loop back. btw, if you haven't been there, it's very nice with a pretty walking path along the harbor, and another restaurant next door called "the Reef".

I attempted a couple times to book on line but there is a note stating (in red) that the rate is not available.

Are you all getting this rate by calling them direct or are some of you getting the rate by booking on line?

My cruise is not until the end of October and I am a bit surprised that they no longer are offering this rate so far advanced.

Please advise - I really do appreciate the help that is offered on this board.

cindy

NO NEED TO BE AFRAID TO CALL...JUST DO IT,,IF THEY HAVE NO ROOMS FOR THIS RATE..THEN READ CAREFULLY THE REST OF THIS THREAD....

Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

700 Queensway Drive, Long Beach, California, United States 90802

Tel: 1-562-435-7676 Fax: 1-562-481-3909

post_old.gif July 15th, 2011, 10:51 AM

WINEMANVISALIA user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon7.gifJust booked hotel maya for october cruise...

Using carnival code 0560018220...called direct...does include 7 days of parking...great deal! 103 for water view + tax!

I attempted a couple times to book on line but there is a note stating (in red) that the rate is not available.

Are you all getting this rate by calling them direct or are some of you getting the rate by booking on line?

My cruise is not until the end of October and I am a bit surprised that they no longer are offering this rate so far advanced.

Please advise - I really do appreciate the help that is offered on this board.

cindy

If you are trying to book the last weekend of October, it may be unavailable. The Queen Mary has a huge Halloween party that weekend that brings in people from all over Southern California. Wisely, many spend the night after all that partying.

Hotel Current on the far east side of Long Beach offers a park and cruise rate with a free shuttle. I know it isn't one of Bruin Steve's preferred hotels due to its location, but if you have a car, you have lots of flexibility in dining in the local area, Belmont Shore, Naples, and old town Seal Beach.

Thanks for the responses. So you think it is the QM Halloween Party that is the problem. Bummer. Well, we are not driving so we don't need the parking option. We are flying in from San Francisco to LB and would prefer to be able to stay at least where there is some evening activity and nice choices for dinner. Is there anything closer in town that might meet this and is being in town even a safe option on a Saturday night.

Thanks for the responses. So you think it is the QM Halloween Party that is the problem. Bummer. Well, we are not driving so we don't need the parking option. We are flying in from San Francisco to LB and would prefer to be able to stay at least where there is some evening activity and nice choices for dinner. Is there anything closer in town that might meet this and is being in town even a safe option on a Saturday night.

Then use Priceline, bid your own price, 3 1/2 stars ONLY, downtown ONLY. You should get the Hyatt, Westin, or Renaissance for around $65. The Hotel Maya Carnival rate is a great deal if you have a car to park. Otherwise, it is a bit far from places to eat other than itself and a 15 minute walk to the Queen Mary.

• 2 weeks later...
I used Priceline and the 3 1/2 star category because all of the hotels were acceptable to me: Westin, Hyatt Regency, Renaissance, and Hilton and I didn't have to be concerned about parking. We got the Westin for $60 plus ~$15 for taxes and fees. Loved it. Right across the street from the convention center. Free transportation down to the waterside and downtown area. Ate at a nice restaurant there. Took a taxi to the port the next morning.

What time of year did you stay at the Westin? I tried name your price for a 3 1/2 star category at $65 and was rejected. We're sailing on 2/5/12....

What time of year did you stay at the Westin? I tried name your price for a 3 1/2 star category at $65 and was rejected. We're sailing on 2/5/12....

February 2012 is probably too far out for a good deal on Priceline.

We've "Pricelined" Long Beach twice this year, April and this coming Sep and got the Westin for $65 and $70 + tax. Taxi from the Westin to Carnival's pier is $10 + tip.

We've "Pricelined" Long Beach twice this year, April and this coming Sep and got the Westin for $65 and $70 + tax. Taxi from the Westin to Carnival's pier is $10 + tip.

Excellent! How soon to the trip did you "priceline" it?

Archived