Coming Up! Oasis-OR-Independence show on Science Channel!

Just a reminder, there will be a show on the Science Channel of the Oasis-OR-Independence of the Seas on Sunday, Jan. 9th, and Thurs., Jan. 13th. I say Independence-OR-Oasis because my DVR says Oasis, and the Sci. Channel's website says Independence. But it also says "Independence of the Seas will be the world's largest passenger ship when it launches, complete with a moving bar that spans three decks and a Central Park complete with trees and lake. The show is called Big, Bigger, Biggest. Sunday: 6-7am Pacific Time. Thursday: 7-8am Pacific Time. We'll find out which one it is on Sunday, I guess. BTW, this is listed on Comcast, so don't know about you DirecTV, Dish, etc. guys.

—samoyedlover24

Just a reminder, there will be a show on the Science Channel of the Oasis-OR-Independence of the Seas on Sunday, Jan. 9th, and Thurs., Jan. 13th. I say Independence-OR-Oasis because my DVR says Oasis, and the Sci. Channel's website says Independence. But it also says "Independence of the Seas will be the world's largest passenger ship when it launches, complete with a moving bar that spans three decks and a Central Park complete with trees and lake. The show is called Big, Bigger, Biggest. Sunday: 6-7am Pacific Time. Thursday: 7-8am Pacific Time. We'll find out which one it is on Sunday, I guess. BTW, this is listed on Comcast, so don't know about you DirecTV, Dish, etc. guys.

—samoyedlover24

Thanks for the heads-up.:)

Always take what the DVR directories say with a grain [at least] of salt. The description of the moving bar and Central Park does indeed sound like Oasis, but it says Independence and I have seen a "Big, Bigger, Biggest" show that was indeed about Independence when it was the newest and biggest. Either way, it will be worth watching. The show about Independence covered a lot of technical details that I found very interesting, including the purpose of the bulbous bow, and azipods. Keep in mind it is a technical show about the evolution of shipbuilding, not a travelogue or cruise documentary. But I find the technical stuff fascinating

We have ATT Uverse and here is what the on line channel guide says for 1/9 at 8 am CST:

Big Bigger Biggest

Cruise Ship

Development of the world's biggest cruise ship, Independence of the Seas, required a series of historic engineering breakthroughs to build, plus incredible stories behind six iconic ocean liners, including the SS Great Britain and the RMS Queen Mary.

If [i know -- big IF] this description is correct, it is the show I mentioned earlier. Again, even if it is the one on Independence, it is a great show if you like technical stuff.

OP...

Thank you for letting us know. Tivo is set to go.

To all who have Comcast...

I don't usually keep the Science Channel on my channel list so I had to add it to set it to record the show. I looked for the channel on our Comcast list to see if Comcast carries it in HD but I didn't see it in HD. Wondering if anyone has a more current list of channels and is the Science Channel broadcasts in HD on Comcast?

Thanks

Well that was disappointing. I set it on the DVR and just started watching it and it is the old one about Independence. Guess I should have checked the Science Channel's website which showed it was Independence.

I hear you, same thing here....................:(

Archived