LIVE from the Allure -- Alluring Adventure Sets Sail on 9 January 2011!!!

http://66.216.125.235/articles.cfm?ID=938

There's Giovanni's lunch menu. Actually, all you have to do is "google" it. I've found all the specialty menus that way. That was a beautiful night photo of the Allure!

Hi Radio, I remember lots of your reports! Man, it's freezing here. I need some BLUE skies, green palm trees and aqua water. I can wait 2 weeks, it's taking me forever to get the XMas decorations down.

It's 11 am, something tells me that hawk is already onboard probably with a rum drink in the right hand, lol. Great thing about Oasis and Allure is you don't have to wear a STUPID life jaccket and stand on the deck. However, you have the right to laugh at those who do when in port....ha ha ha!!

Linda,

Thanks for posting the lunch menu for Giovanni's. I have heard so much about the filet on here, that I wanted to see if it was available for lunch as well as dinner. It looks like they serve a strip steak for lunch and a filet mignon for dinner.

Thanks again!

OMG - how did I miss this thread?!!!! THANK YOU so much, Hawkfish! I'll be GLUED to Cruise Critic this week now that I know you'll be posting live. :D

If you have time, would you mind answering the following question? I've heard you can get a Buy 1 Get 1 Free drink of the day sticker if you purchase the port book for $25. Is this available on the Allure?

Thanks again for your LIVE REVIEW!

I'm sitting at the desk of our room in the Hilton Marina. We splurged on a room that overlooks the port so we can watch the ships come and go.

The best news is that we are sitting in our room WITH THE DOOR OPEN!! It's a beautiful 70 degrees in FLL today (it was 15 degrees when we left home this morning).

We will head to the ship tomorrow morning - probably around 10:30am. I will post more once we get there, but please feel free to hit me with your questions. I'll do my best to find the answers!

FYI , we are expecting 3-4" of snow here in Columbus tomorrow, so you must have picked a good week. Are you on the eastern itinerary? I'm thinking you are from other posts I've read. I'll anxiously await any word as our cruise is 110 days away still. How much was the Hilton Room if I may ask? I'm currently considering the Hyatt or Embassy suites.

FYI , we are expecting 3-4" of snow here in Columbus tomorrow, so you must have picked a good week. Are you on the eastern itinerary? I'm thinking you are from other posts I've read. I'll anxiously await any word as our cruise is 110 days away still. How much was the Hilton Room if I may ask? I'm currently considering the Hyatt or Embassy suites.

Uh, yeah - It's about 74 here in Nassau right now. So, great week. Actually snow beats that icy crap from last week, but 70s and breezy beats all that combined!

The Hilton was about $300. I don't think I'd stay there for a whole week, but for a one night splurge, it was perfect. Plus, the staff there was very friendly and overall fantastic, food was good, and the whole place was very clean/well-kept.

Hi, all!! Sorry for the delay, but as you guessed, we have been running around the ship trying to check everything out. All I can say is:

WOW!!!!!

This ship is like nothing I've ever seen! I'm so impressed with the thought and planning that has gone into every little detail. Everywhere you look, there is something beautiful or clever to see. And we still haven't seen the whole thing!

I've taken several hundred photos already, so I will get busy posting those soon. I'm trying to get all of the menus, including drinks, and I will also have all of the compasses. I currently don't have the cruise planner that they handed out when you board, but I will try to get my hands on one and scan that it.

And yes - the muster without life jackets is a VAST improvement. Our check in spot was in front of guest services, and we just watched a quick video on what to do in the event of an emergency. The whole thing was over in 15 minutes.

Funny story - we got 3 calls from security about 45 minutes before sailing, telling us that we needed to stay in our cabin for few minutes (!). Finally, they called again to say that they needed to speak with me. They had no record of us being on board. I'm like, 'but I've answered the phone 4 times now....' Then a guy came up, took down our names and Seapass numbers, and that was it. It must all be squared away, because they've had no problem charging us for our purchases. :D

Everyone is right - Park Cafe ROCKS!!! Those roast beef sandwiches are the bomb! As is breakfast, and the little snacks. Great stuff!

Expresso bikes:I'm not seeing anything labeled 'Expresso', but all the bikes have touch screen displays, and there are about 10 upright, and 5 recumbent bikes.

It does seem that they are now bringing on some new staff - lots of training going on all over. And I get the sense that our waiter and assistant have not worked together very long. So it must be about time to cycle some staff in and out.

There is so much that has been automated on this ship. We have a mini-bar with sodas, water and snacks, and Annop our steward leaves us a little receipt when he straightens the room for what we have taken so far. I LOVE the dining capacity indicators that tell you how busy each restaurant is.

If you are interested in Samba Grill, you might want to consider Sunday night. It opens at 6pm, and there was NO ONE in there up until 730pm (when we got out of the Solarium hot tubs).

The piper is onboard, and he called everyone back to the ship at 12:30pm. He'll also be playing this afternoon in the Bow & Stern pub.

Tonight, we have Chef's Table, and then the comedy show at 11:30pm. Our comedians are Miguel Washington and Richie Miniverini.

That's about it for now - sorry so random. There's so much to see, I'm trying to remember everything. But, if my DH is any indication, it's now time for a nap. ;)

Thank you for posting!

Can you please find out if Dect Phones are available for passenger rental and where to get them the first day?

We found them incredibly helpful and comforting for keeping in touch with our 2 DD on previous cruises and am concerned about some posters saying they were not available on recent cruises.:confused:

Thank you in advance

Suzanne (Canadian Mom Cruiser)

Suzanne, you can rent the Dect Phones on Guest Services, deck 5. They told us that they only have 20 phones available.

Uh, yeah - It's about 74 here in Nassau right now. So, great week. Actually snow beats that icy crap from last week, but 70s and breezy beats all that combined!

So Allure did make it into Nassau this week then! This will be a stay on the ship day for me I think. We will probably book Chops for dinner, maybe a couples massage, and probably do the zip line.

(when we got out of the Solarium hot tubs).

On Voyager or Freedom class ships we use the Solarium hot tubs exclusively. How many are there in this area on Allure? I imagine there is one overhanging the edge of the ship like Freedom, but are there one or two more inside ones? Were they hot? I'm a hot tub snob and if it isn't at least 101F then its just a pool.

I'm a hot tub snob and if it isn't at least 101F then its just a pool.

I agree! Especially with this crappy weather we're having - 2-4" of snow predicted for this evening with more cold weather. (Not much, I know, but the blue stuff in the Caribbean beats the white stuff in WV. ;) )

allyn, I eat fish but no other meat. They do have a build your own salad in the Park Cafe. However, they have some awesome vegetarian items in the Solarium Cafe at breakfast and lunch. Also, there are many good vegetarian items at the Windjammer at the International section- some Indian vegetarian dishes. etc.

I'm sitting at the desk of our room in the Hilton Marina. We splurged on a room that overlooks the port so we can watch the ships come and go.

The best news is that we are sitting in our room WITH THE DOOR OPEN!! It's a beautiful 70 degrees in FLL today (it was 15 degrees when we left home this morning).

We will head to the ship tomorrow morning - probably around 10:30am. I will post more once we get there, but please feel free to hit me with your questions. I'll do my best to find the answers!

Please tell me how you got your countdown to work (where did you paste) I cant get mine to work. and enjoy the cruise and tell us all about the good, bad and the ugly. :D

Archived