LIVE from the Allure -- Alluring Adventure Sets Sail on 9 January 2011!!!

I'm sitting at the desk of our room in the Hilton Marina. We splurged on a room that overlooks the port so we can watch the ships come and go.

The best news is that we are sitting in our room WITH THE DOOR OPEN!! It's a beautiful 70 degrees in FLL today (it was 15 degrees when we left home this morning).

We will head to the ship tomorrow morning - probably around 10:30am. I will post more once we get there, but please feel free to hit me with your questions. I'll do my best to find the answers!

Yippee! A live thread! Pictures... we want pictures! I never get tired of seeing them. :)

Have fun! And enjoy that 70 degree weather. I hear ya about leaving cold temps. We are enjoying a balmy 23 degrees right now in Chicago and it's supposed to get up to 29 tomorrow. I guess I'll have to dig out my spring jacket. ;)

Howdy! We got just enough snow here in KY to make driving a bear last night. We will be on your cruise (the Eastern route) Jan 23! Naturally, I am going to follow your thread! Nobody seems to be posting MDR menus, think you could take pics to share?

Also, will you do me a HUGE favor? Last year on the Oasis I used the Expresso bikes and lost so much weight that I bought one! They were on the side by the steps close to the spinning room (not by the other bikes) Would you see if they have any up there? They are distinct- they have computer screens on them. Thanks!

Have a great trip!!

It would be really appreciated if you could post pictures of the MDR menus from each evening. Also the 2 menus from 150 Central Park- I have seen 1 menu (don't know if it's A or B) a couple of times, but never the other. Thank you so much for your help and have a GREAT trip.

not2old, I totally agree with you..the comments from lusitanica came across quite rude. Hopefully that was not the intent but none the less, it was. Any photos and/or comments on ones cruise experience is always welcome on this board. The more the merrier..I'm greedy for all the extra info that is written here. hawkfish, we look forward to your photos, updates, comments and personal experiences while on your cruise. I was on the Dec. 26th Allure of the Seas cruise with 25 family members and am still excited and interested in the comments of others that will have the opportunity and pleasure of sailing on her. Have a wonderful trip...it is an awesome ship..! :)

I'm sitting at the desk of our room in the Hilton Marina. We splurged on a room that overlooks the port so we can watch the ships come and go.

The best news is that we are sitting in our room WITH THE DOOR OPEN!! It's a beautiful 70 degrees in FLL today (it was 15 degrees when we left home this morning).

We will head to the ship tomorrow morning - probably around 10:30am. I will post more once we get there, but please feel free to hit me with your questions. I'll do my best to find the answers!

Hey Hawkfish.. happy sailing to you! I will be getting on when you get off. I hope you have a great cruise!

If you could check into one thing for me it would be much appreciated. Are the lunch and dinner menu's at Giovanni's the same? That would be my question right now. Much appreciated if you do happen to find out.

First and foremost .... enjoy every minute of the next week!

Thanks so much!

Hawkfish, I can feel your excitement....ESPECIALLY since I will be joining you tomorrow on Allure..yeah!! The weather was beautiful today, spent it on the beach with DH and 3 yr old daughter. Here's to a fun cruise!! Maybe you will see us in passing...just look for the 3 yrd old toddler girl with the spunk...hahah. Happy Sailings!!

Can't believe the day is finally here!!!!! I got up at 4am to watch Allure come into port, but she was already here. I count 5 ships in port today - that's a lot of cruisers! :)

We went to Ocean Prime in the Aventura Mall last night (we have connections to that restaurant group who are traveling with us). The food was incredible: Truffled deviled eggs, Seared sea scallops with garlic mashed and braised braised short ribs, Tuna tartare, Stone crab claws, Pecan-crusted trout, Chilean sea bass in champagne truffle sauce, Vanilla pound cake with meringue and handspun vanilla ice cream. All fantastic! I highly recommend it if you are ever in the area.

I will try to get all of the menus, but especially MDR, Giovanni's lunch/dinner, 150 CP. Will check on the type/brand of bikes. And we will take lots of photos. I also have the day off from work after we get back, so I'm hoping to get the Cruise Compasses scanned in and uploaded.

Deniuh - we'll keep an eye out for you. A bunch of us will be on the wing deck for sailaway, so maybe we'll see you there? :)

Gotta get cleaned up (and packed up - I seem to have made a mess of our hotel room in 24 hours' time). I wanna be on board by 11:30am.

If anyone comes across a waiter by the name of Small (I have been told he is now a head waiter on this ship) please find out if he will probably be on the ship in Dec. and post it. He was our waiter a few years ago on the Grandue and we loved him and want to sail with him again. My DH will book the Allure if he is on it. Thanks

Wow. . . Thanks for posting. I love "LIVE" Posts :)

I will be following along all week. This will get me geared up for my "LIVE" Report from the Oasis of the Seas in 2 weeks !

Keep the pics coming. . . Thanks again.

Radio

;);)

http://66.216.125.235/articles.cfm?ID=938

There's Giovanni's lunch menu. Actually, all you have to do is "google" it. I've found all the specialty menus that way. That was a beautiful night photo of the Allure!

Hi Radio, I remember lots of your reports! Man, it's freezing here. I need some BLUE skies, green palm trees and aqua water. I can wait 2 weeks, it's taking me forever to get the XMas decorations down.

It's 11 am, something tells me that hawk is already onboard probably with a rum drink in the right hand, lol. Great thing about Oasis and Allure is you don't have to wear a STUPID life jaccket and stand on the deck. However, you have the right to laugh at those who do when in port....ha ha ha!!

It would be really appreciated if you could post pictures of the MDR menus from each evening. Also the 2 menus from 150 Central Park- I have seen 1 menu (don't know if it's A or B) a couple of times, but never the other. Thank you so much for your help and have a GREAT trip.

Agreed! The second 150 central park menu would be much appreciated! Thanks

Thank you for posting!

Can you please find out if Dect Phones are available for passenger rental and where to get them the first day?

We found them incredibly helpful and comforting for keeping in touch with our 2 DD on previous cruises and am concerned about some posters saying they were not available on recent cruises.:confused:

Thank you in advance

Suzanne (Canadian Mom Cruiser)

Yes, yes, yes!!!! This would be so helpful. I'm wondering what days they serve Menu A and Menu B @ 150 CP.

MDR menus and the days they were served would also be so helpful. I'm trying to decide what days to reserve the specialty restaurants.:)

Thank you for posting!

Can you please find out if Dect Phones are available for passenger rental and where to get them the first day?

We found them incredibly helpful and comforting for keeping in touch with our 2 DD on previous cruises and am concerned about some posters saying they were not available on recent cruises.:confused:

Thank you in advance

Suzanne (Canadian Mom Cruiser)

Suzanne,

How did the dect phones work? Were they able to call each other or only staterooms and public venues? From what I've been reading on Cruise Critic, there are so few of them that they are seemingly not available. They are apparently used for Kids Club needs first.

Thanks,

Donna

Archived