Ultimate ship tour?

jfhtn

We are sailing on the Crown next week and my dh would love to do a behind the scenes tour. I know they used to do them and quit due to security but I understand they are back on. Does anyone know about this and how to sign up?

We are sailing on the Crown next week and my dh would love to do a behind the scenes tour. I know they used to do them and quit due to security but I understand they are back on. Does anyone know about this and how to sign up?
Should be a notice in the Patter the 1st. day. You sign up at the front desk.

dh and I did the Ultimate Ship's Tour on the Emerald in Oct. 2009. It was $150 per person (totally worth it!), and we went straight to the pursers' desk when we boarded the ship, to get signed up. There is limited space on the tour. I believe we had 12 people on our tour.

We'd love to do the UST but am a little concerned about getting two robes home. Do they come packaged? Can you request a size or is it one size fits all?

I just went to the closet and checked our robes - they say "one size fits all" right on the tag, so I'd say no size choice of robes. They did have a rack of size samples of the chef's coat and one definitely got a size choice regarding it. As I recall they were all well packaged in plastic bags.

We thought the UST was great - worth every penny. Make a bee-line to the pursers desk and hope that you win the lottery (on our cruise few signed up and we think everyone who did was taken).

We received the plush robe (one size fits all - packaged in plastic), a chefs coat (they asked us for a size - also packaged in plastic), photos from a few different spots, and a pad of personalized stationary. They delivered it all to our room in a nice blue Princess tote bag. There may be something else I'm forgetting, but it may come to me later. :)

We received the plush robe (one size fits all - packaged in plastic), a chefs coat (they asked us for a size - also packaged in plastic), photos from a few different spots, and a pad of personalized stationary. They delivered it all to our room in a nice blue Princess tote bag. There may be something else I'm forgetting, but it may come to me later. :)

This is becoming more intesting...do the chef's coats have a Princess logo or are they plain like the ones you wear for the Chef's Table galley tour?

This is becoming more intesting...do the chef's coats have a Princess logo or are they plain like the ones you wear for the Chef's Table galley tour?

That'll teach me to not rush a reply & to proof read it better...intesting??? :eek: Interesting!!! :o :o :o

is is by Cabin or group? We have 3 cabins -5 people-involved--Sad if only 1 Cabin would get picked! Maybe we will be lucky & a lot of our fellow travelers won't care! Does anyone know if it is based on Elite or Platimun status if too many people sign up?

It was great. The wife and I took the tour on the Saphire. We went all over the ship. Even up on top of sky Walkers and the Bridge. Engineering, Galley, Laundry, photo shop, print shop, medical, stage and back stage, below stage, food storage, repair shop and more.......

Probably a dumb question... but, are you allowed to take pics??

It seems to vary by ship based on various posts and our experience..

On some, there are absolutley no pictures allowed.

On some, you can take pictures except for the engine control room.

On some, you can take pictures except for the engine control room and the bridge.

On some, no pictures allowed except on the bridge.

Best bet is to take a camera with you and ask when taking the tour.

Probably a dumb question... but, are you allowed to take pics??

The reports on this seem to vary by ship. On our tour we were told in advance that pictures were a strict no-no. A ship's photographer took a number and we all got copies.

Archived