"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas / Jan 22, 2011

Radio

Let me add my thanks to you for all this effort. These are very enjoyable while waiting (and suffering) until my next cruise.

I would like to impose one question on you...I haven't been to Mexico for 2 years now and it was my understanding that they are not taking USD now - only pesos.

can you verify that one way or the other - MUCH APPRECIATED.

If you have a free moment, and happen to walk by... can you tell me what the layout of the bed in cabin #9318 is?! and next door #9320... trying to see which cabin has the dreaded "bed by the door"!

THANKS A TON!

BTW... I LOVE your LIVE report! thank you so much for posting! we leave in 50 days and I CANT WAIT!

Let me add my thanks to you for all this effort. These are very enjoyable while waiting (and suffering) until my next cruise.

I would like to impose one question on you...I haven't been to Mexico for 2 years now and it was my understanding that they are not taking USD now - only pesos.

Just off Radiance of the Seas couple of weeks ago, Cozumel and Costa Maya take US money and return change in US funds too...

We were just in Cozumel and they were happy to take our US dollars.

We did buy a piece of jewelry and paid 1/2 on a CC and the other half in cash.

It is great that you are doing this. I am thoroughly enjoying it. Thank you a bunch. We are sailing Easter week on her. can't wait. A little apprehensive about our room arrangements. This is a cruise my DH grandparents are footing the bill for their 60th anniversary. Them and their children have balcony staterooms and the grandkids are in large interior staterooms. I forgot just how small the rooms are. And our cabins are 30sq ft smaller--eek. Not looking forward to that with 2 kids in there. My DH and I have sailed RC 3x-once with Promenade cabin and 2x with balcony. Oh well, it was a gift and I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

One family member's stateroom is on Deck 6. What # is yours???

Again, thank you very much!!!

Here are a few pics from this morning. . .

Our current position

MAP6.jpg

Hi Radio,

You make an awesome tour guide! Thanks for this. What are you using to track her? I've been surfing marinetraffic dot com but Oasis seems to "disappear" at times.

Sandy and Maryanne

(on Oasis in two days!)

If you have a free moment, and happen to walk by... can you tell me what the layout of the bed in cabin #9318 is?! and next door #9320... trying to see which cabin has the dreaded "bed by the door"!

THANKS A TON!

BTW... I LOVE your LIVE report! thank you so much for posting! we leave in 50 days and I CANT WAIT!

Ditto for D5 Balcony Cabin #12214 - everyone's made such a point of this that now I am worried. Sometimes knowing in advance can lessen the frustration :o or heighten the joy :)!!

If at all possible - Thanks!!!

The sun never made it through the clouds, but she is still trying. The temps today so far are mild (72F), but there has been no rain.

We still have 323nm until we arrive in Labadee tomorrow morning

I have to make it back to class, but I have lots of pics to take, and lots more pics to post later !

Thanks for tuning in. .

Radio

;);)

Our current position

MAP2.jpg

Always a pleasure to "follow you around" on your cruises! Did Oasis three times last year and loved the ship and her crew as I"m sure you are doing now! Happy cruising..K.O.:)

Hi Radio,

You make an awesome tour guide! Thanks for this. What are you using to track her? I've been surfing marinetraffic dot com but Oasis seems to "disappear" at times.

Sandy and Maryanne

(on Oasis in two days!)

I use my GPS connected to my laptop with Nav software. . .

Thanks for the nice comments !

Radio

;);)

Always a pleasure to "follow you around" on your cruises! Did Oasis three times last year and loved the ship and her crew as I"m sure you are doing now! Happy cruising..K.O.:)

Yes koterry. . .You are right ! I am enjoying her, and want to come back soon. . .

Radio

;);)

Ditto for D5 Balcony Cabin #12214 - everyone's made such a point of this that now I am worried. Sometimes knowing in advance can lessen the frustration :o or heighten the joy :)!!

If at all possible - Thanks!!!

My family of 4 was in a D4 balcony on Deck 8 and had the bed by the closet. It was not a big deal to us. Yes, it was a little harder to get into the closet.....but not so much that it even made a dent in the outcome of our incredible cruise on Oasis. My 2 young children slept in the pull-out sofa by the balcony door. They are both deep sleepers and my husband and I were more than able to open the door and slip outside after they went to bed. I can see the bed being more convienent when by the balcony, but I do not think this is a big issue.

Radio - I have enjoyed reading your LIVE posts!

Can you tell me what you thought about the Hyatt pier 66 hotel? I'm looking for a hotel for my family (DH & I, 3 teens & my parents) and was considering this one.

Thanks!

Yes, the Hyatt Pier 66 is very nice. . . The prices can be high so it depends when you book it.

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . I just returned from my day in Cozumel. I was able to get a good price for a Scooter Rental for the day ($35). I didn’t rent on at the Port Terminal, but went next store to the El Cid La Ceiba Resort. It was a good deal, and it was a new Honda Scooter.

For those of you who may not want to travel far from the port, you may want to consider a deal that they have. I did this deal a couple of years ago, and am surprised that they still offered it. You can rent snorkel gear, mask, fins and you can eat all inclusive (w/beer/wine/water/soda) plus get use of the pool and changing rooms for $35. You can also skip the snorkel and water activities and the cost is $15. /PP. Both deals offer free wireless internet. . .

I decided to pass, because I wanted to ride around. . . I went down to the San Miguel Pier to take a few pics of Norwegian Epic, but the clouds were heavy and I was unable to get any good pics.

I decided to head on up the road to Chankanaab National Park (some signs call it a Nature Park) I think this might be one of the best bets in Cozumel. . . I seem to come back here time and time again. I have been here several times with Mrs. Radio, but hey have done a lot since the Hurricane dean damage.

The price is right ($21/PP Adults, and $16/PP Kids) and it really includes a lot. I didn’t do everything that Chankanaab offers, but here is what you can get:

Archaeological Tour, Sea Lion Show, Dolphin Presentation, Manatee exhibit, Mayan House, Scuba and Snorkel Area, Swimming pool, Tropical gardens, hammocks, beach chairs, Palapas, showers, restrooms, several bars and restaurants. . .

Don’t miss the Sea Lion Show ! You will love it. . .

Here are a few pics from today. . .We are scheduled to leave by 7PM for a day at sea tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in. . .

I will check back later after the Comedy Show, and production show in the Opal Theater.

Radio

I ride down the escalator on Deck 3 to the Gangway

TH12.JPG

Wow. . .Baby got back. . .

TH15.JPG

She looks a lot better when you can see her stretched out !

TH16.JPG

The passengers are everywhere. . . Hoping it doesn’t rain

TH17.JPG

There are about 50 indoor/outdoor vendors at the port.

TH19.JPG

There must have been about 200 Taxis you take you anywhere you wanted to go

TH20.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . . Today was very cloudy with a little sun poking through on and off. . .

Radio

I drive down to San Miguel to see Norwegian Epic.

TH22.JPG

I would like to stay in one of the Courtyard Suites up there

TH23.JPG

I make my way up to Chankanaab Nature Park

TH34.JPG

They have made several improvements since the Hurricane

TH26.JPG

I had a nice lunch at La Laguna Beach Grill

TH45.JPG

My view from La Laguna was wonderful

TH35.JPG

My husband and I also had the bed next to the closet and my kids' room had their beds next to the closet (well, they didn't use the closet much.....) and I agree with CariBear, not that big a deal at all. You can easily fit in the space in between the bed(s) and the closet, but it's certainly not spacious.

Here are a few more from today. . .

Radio

The Sea Lion Show was worth the Admission price alone. . .

TH47.JPG

There are very clean restrooms throughout the park. . . Including inside this waterfall sculpture (You don’t get wet though)

TH38.JPG

There are plenty of lounges and palapas to use

TH37.JPG

Around every corner was another beautiful view

TH27.JPG

They were feeding these guys big heads of lettuce at the Manatee exhibition

TH29.JPG

I can see myself coming back here in May when I sail on Allure of the Seas.

TH43.JPG

Archived