"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas / Jan 22, 2011

Radio

Radio -- We loved the Solstice and can't wait to sail on this class again. What about sailing on the Silhouette out of Bayonne? We could get the Explorer Bermuda group together! :) Maybe I will plant the bug in Ken's ear.

Enjoy!

Hmmm. . . I like that idea. . . I am dining with MedicKen tonight at Seafood Shack, and I will tease him. . .

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . .I was able to get off of the ship shortly after our arrival.

I maybe should have waited a little longer. . .or maybe not ? A soon as I got about 50 yards from the ship. . .it started raining. . .raining hard. . . . I fell like an idiot.

**Note to Radio** When Mrs. Radio packs a rain poncho in your luggage, remember to keep it with you when you leave the ship. . . Got it. . .let’s move on.

The rain was heavy for a while and then stopped on and off during the 3 hrs I was off of the ship. . .For the most part I was in shops, cabs, and under cover.

I walked around the port area for about an hour, just looking around for items from all of the vendors. It seems that the Port Area has fully recovered from the Hurricane Dean damage that virtually wiped out Costa Maya a couple of years ago.

I can’t say the same for the small village 2 miles to the south of Majuhaul (or Majuhaul) I read different spelling signs in the same village. . . They have created a concrete “boardwalk” that stretches about a mile through the vendors, and dozens of Beach bars, and Beach Massage areas. . .

There were hundreds of Cruise Passengers who had the same idea as me to wander down to the Boardwalk. It seems that many things down there are $1. . .including bottled water, beers, or cigars.

There were many buildings that were never repaired or torn down. . .Some areas looked like a disaster zone. Some homes were torn down, and the only things in the yard were a tent, some buckets, and a satellite dish. . .It was a little sad.

The vendors come from nowhere on the boardwalk to see if you would like to view what they are offering. Dozens of the beach massage tables were occupied in an open air environment by cruise passengers who enjoyed a discount massage for only $10 per ½ hr.

You could get free chairs, umbrellas, nachos and changing rooms if you decided to set up at any of the Beach bars. . . I think that if it was a sunny day, there might have been more business for the vendors. They were all very nice, and I remember coming here a few years ago, and how much I liked it then. Oh well. . Sometimes it rains, even if you are on a cruise vacation.

We will be leaving here today at 7:30PM, and we just a few miles north to go (112nm) for Cozumel.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

It was raining hard as I left the ship for Costa Maya

W29.JPG

The main entrance is where passengers align for excursions

W46.JPG

The Dolphin Encounter in Costa Maya attracted a lot of passenger taking photos. . .it was easy to get close by.

W32.JPG

The sun came out briefly to get a few shots of the ship

W41.JPG

There were hundreds of passengers that put up with the rain

W30.JPG

There may have been about 30 vendors at the port

W42.JPG

Here are a few more. . . .

Radio

The beach bars and Massage table were everywhere !

W39.JPG

The Majuhaul boardwalk vendors went on for about a mile

W54.JPG

On the way back to the pier we see the Costa Maya Hard Rock Café,

Senor Frogs, and a few drugstores. . .

W33.JPG

It seemed that “MamaSita’s was the most popular place at the Costa Maya Pier

W43.JPG

I get a nice view of Celebrity Eclipse as I head back to the pier.

W45.JPG

It time to go back to my home on Oasis of the Seas

W50.JPG

what is that in the water in your calm sea photo?

A cable runs from the Aquatheater area over to an area near the Climbing Wall. . . There is a pulley there that transports some of the performers over the water. . .

Radio

;);)

W41.JPG

Radio, great shot of the "ships". I didn't know they sold hot buns in Costa Maya....LMAO!!!!

If I was taking this picture, in addition to the shot that Radio took, I would have had a superzoom closeup of "Ms. Thong", not that I would post that shot to a public site.:):)

Radio Thanks so much for the wonderful pictures and updates. We will be cruising in March and this is just an amazing way to get more excited about the trip. (Have not been on a cruise since our honeymoon, uhhmmm 21 years ago)

So looking forward to being on the Oasisl

Hey Radio were you able to walk to all those places in Costa Maya today?

I walked about 3 blocks up to where the Hard Rock Cafe, Senor Frogs, and drugstore was. . . and then I took a cab down to Majuhual where the boardwalk was ($2 each way / pp)

I have many other photos of Costa Maya, and will post when I return home. . .

Radio

;);)

I walked about 3 blocks up to where the Hard Rock Cafe, Senor Frogs, and drugstore was. . . and then I took a cab down to Majuhual where the boardwalk was ($2 each way / pp)

Radio

;);)

Looking forward to them...;)

Radio Thanks so much for the wonderful pictures and updates. We will be cruising in March and this is just an amazing way to get more excited about the trip. (Have not been on a cruise since our honeymoon, uhhmmm 21 years ago)

So looking forward to being on the Oasisl

Thanks for the nice comments. . . Keep tuning in.:)

I have many more pics to post. (and lots more when I return)

You will love Oasis of the Seas !

Radio

;);)

Maybe Mr. Radio DID get that super close-up shot of the thong lady, but just didn't share with the rest of us!! :eek:

Ha ha. . . No . . . I just happened to be walking by when the sun came out for about 30 seconds. :o

Radio

;);)

did you get a Costa Maya map (like the one you posted for Labadee)

Hmmm. . . I'm sure I have one on my server. . . I will try to find one and post it tomorrow.

The Labadee map was courtesy of RCI. I think the Costa Maya map is sponsered by an excursion company. . .

I will check it tomorrow. The internet speed are very slow tonight.:(

Radio

;);)

Radio

;);)

Good to know I will be there on the Oasis on the next Western run so I am taking notes.

Archived