"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas / Jan 22, 2011

Radio

! I will post all Compasses when I return. . .

Radio ;);)

That would be awesome as we are on the Oasis Feb. 19 and although we made our show reservations, we can only hope we aren't conflicting with other interests we may have. We found no compasses posted for the W. carribean sailing other than an old June 2010 one. We just got off the navigator today. Agreed horrible weather out there this week. I hope it improves for the rest of your trip.

I think the room looks much smaller than those on Voyager and Radiance Class. Wonder why they would put the closet facing that way.....doesn't make sense and it looks pretty tight.

We had essentially the same arrangement in our stateroom on Oasis last week: closet doors facing the sofa which made tough to get in there. On top of that, the tiny coffee table takes up too much walking space in the middle of the room and wound up getting shoved into the space between the sofa and the closet, making it even harder to get in there. My sense is that they are trying to compress the width of the staterooms as much as possible, so not having the closet in that hallway area allows them to squeeze it more. The objective was even clearer when we viewed our two adjoining cabins together: they are alternating the position of the beds between rooms (our kids' beds were closest to the closet/bathroom, while ours were closest to the balcony) and then squashing the remainder of the space that doesn't contain the bed (and its fixed length). There is actually a diagonal wall between the bed area and the sofa/vanity area where the cabin gets narrower. This arrangement forces them to alternate the bed position, but they can probably fit an additional 5 or 6 cabins per deck, which as we all know equals $.

We went back and looked at pictures of our cabins on the Liberty next to those on the Oasis, and it was plainly evident that the LoS had much more space, even with a full-sized coffee table in the middle of the floor. I wouldn't be surprised if the Oasis cabins were a bit deeper than those on Liberty due to the much wider ship, and that may account for why the cabins feel much smaller even thought the published square footage doesn't seem much different. Just a theory.

Radio :)

I hope the weather brightens up for you! I know how much rain and cloud can put a damper on a cruise vacation :mad: I am going to do a little "Sun" dance in my office for you right now! :p

Thanks for the LIVE posts - they are the highlite of my day!!!!!!

Have a great week!!!! :D

Hi RADIO!!!!!

Just reading this thread seems like I've known you forever! God bless your soul for taking the time in doing all this wonderful work, for all of us who are tuning in, while you're supposed to be on vacation. You literally have my heart pounding and have brought tears to my eyes with all the great info and pictures. I'll be taking my mom on the Oasis on April 30, 2011 (Western Caribbean itinerary). She has mobility problems and travels in a wheelchair...if you get a chance, would you be kind enough to check if the pool area or solarium is accessible for the handicapped.

Thanks so much and have a WONDERFUL cruise.

P.S. - I'll definitely be tuning in every day this week! Looking forward to the Cruise Compasses when you return.

27639915[/size]]Im not 100% sure about near the jet ski rental area' date=' but there are lockers and cubbies for your stuff where you register for Dragons Flight line, so I would like to think they have them at all the attractions.

[b']cruzinmimi[/b] - thanks for that information. Hmmm, I doubt that includes top shelf liquor though, does it? :confused:

The drinks are all free...the food is ok but the drinks are awesome...will make just about anything you want...All except frozen drinks:(

The variety of alcohol drinks are very limited. Chances are that the top shelf liquor you want will not be available. If you are not to chosey about the brand they will come close to filling your request.

Hello everyone. . .A I reported earlier, I went on my Bridge Tour at 9AM and was very happy to do so. 2nd Officer Gennadiy Kryvonosov was very knowledgeable, and seemed to enjoy offering the tour for us. The Captain stopped in for a few minutes, and was happy to shake everyone’s hand and told is we were in "special" hands with 2nd Officer “Gunner”.

It was time for me to meet up with some great Cruise Critic Members (MedicKen, and Cruiselover58, as well as there son Pete) to enjoy the day in Labadee.

We had a great time as we relaxed on the beach next to Columbus Cove. The water was beautiful, and the temps got up to 86F. Oh yeah, and the sun was shining all day.

Pete and I were able to convince MedicKen and to join me us on the Dragon Tail Coaster over on Adrenaline Beach, and it was great. . . It can go very fast, but at least you have hand brakes to slow you down a little if needed. The price was only $19 for a single ride.

We had a great BBQ lunch, with some great Burgers, and Jerk Chicken while we thought about how this day turned out to be so great ! I walked around a bit a took a few more pics before I went over to the Dragon’s Breath Lookout Point, and over to Dragons Plaza.

All in all, we had a great day with beautiful weather that made up for the slight inconvenience of our day at sea yesterday ! I am ready for a nap. . .

All passengers must be on board by 4:30PM for Sailaway, as we head for our next port of call. . .Cozumel.

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in !

Here are a few pics from today. . .

Radio

A view from the starboard bridge wing

M36.JPG

Wow ! 7853 . . . That is a lot of people on board. . .

M34.JPG

I didn’t know this ship had 44 elevators. . .(24 for passengers)

M33.JPG

Your Intrepid Reporter (Radio) and 2nd Officer Gennadiy Kryvonosov (Gunner)

M38.JPG

Ok. . . I need to get off the ship now. . .

M39.JPG

It’s time to spend the day in Labadee !

M40.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

The Beautiful Oasis of the Seas docked in Labadee, Haiti

MM1A.JPG

The beaches were very calm and the water was just right. . .

MM2.JPG

The loungers were plentiful, and you could get shade easily if you wanted to.

MM3.JPG

The jetty over at Adrenaline Beach kept the water calm there too for swimmers

MM5.JPG

The Labadee local dance troupe were very popular

MM14.JPG

The small cabanas for two were complimentary, along with loungers. . . (I was told there are only 200 of them though)

MM12.JPG

here are a few more for now. . . I have more pics to post when I return home !

Radio

The skies and the water were very blue today. . .

MM27.JPG

It was time to cool off at Dragon’s Breath Pub

MM21.JPG

Dragons Plaza was very quiet on this beautiful day

MM22.JPG

This area seems so serene

MM23.JPG

I have to go through security before I get back on the ship. . .

MM24.JPG

It’s time to go back to my home for the week. . .

MM1.JPG

Looks like a beautiful day on Labadee! I haven't been there since 2001....hope I have a chance to visit in the near future. Would love to do the zipline as well as the Dragon's Breath Coaster.

Looking forward to more reports aboard the Oasis of the Seas!!

Looks like a beautiful day on Labadee! I haven't been there since 2001....hope I have a chance to visit in the near future. Would love to do the zipline as well as the Dragon's Breath Coaster.

Looking forward to additional reports from aboard Oasis of the Seas!!

Radio,

Thank you so much for your "live review." My husband and I will be on the Oasis on Saturday. You are very nice to spend all your precious time on the Oasis to do this. I look forward to reading the rest of your postings. ;)

Radio - Do you know what day/time, if there is, the welcome back C&A D, D+, (pinnacle??) event is on your sailing?

I just received an invitation for "Crown and Anchor Event" in the Opal Theater on Tuesday at 5PM. There was no mention of Diamond, Plus, or Pinnacle. . . .I am assuming it for all C&A Members. . . .

Radio

;);)

Radio

I hope the weather brightens up for you! I know how much rain and cloud can put a damper on a cruise vacation I am going to do a little "Sun" dance in my office for you right now!

Thanks for the LIVE posts - they are the highlite of my day!!!!!!

Have a great week!!!! :D

Thanks Robyn. . .It worked ! We had blue skies all day today !

Now do a dance for Wednesday and Thursday :D

Thanks for the nice comments !

Radio

;);)

Radio,

Thank you so much for your "live review." My husband and I will be on the Oasis on Saturday. You are very nice to spend all your precious time on the Oasis to do this. I look forward to reading the rest of your postings. ;)

Thanks for your nice comments. . . I have many more pics, and several days for more daily reports !

Radio

;);)

Thank you, Radio! Your live review is just what I needed after we had -30 degree weather here in MN last week! (Does NOT include the wind chill factor :eek:) I am daydreaming my afternoon away while gazing at your fantastic photos! Radio.............take me away :D. May you be blessed with sunny skies and smooth seas!!

Dreaming of Floating...............................................

Thank you Radio, enjoy cruising through you. Planning on making a reservation for Nov 2011 very soon. Noticed that your room was aft and beside the back of the stores on the Boardwalk. Did you hear any noise from the Boardwalk? Would you recommend this area? Only looking at a balcony D8 or D7 and they are either forward or aft. Which do you think is best? Thank you for taking your vacation time to answer our questions. ENJOY I know I'm enjoying your cruise with you.

Enjoy your day on Labadee! It is 9 degrees here :eek: !

Are cocktails 25% off in the Diamond lounge (Blaze?), or is it just free beer, wine & soda?

CDNJ

Stacy, There is no Diamond Event of this ship so now I'm a bit confused. The Diamond Lounge does have free drinks including alcoholic ones so if they move it to another area because of the crowds, it should still be the same. It's only on the smaller ships that they have a Diamond event with just wine, champ, soda and 25% off drinks.

Radio, did they change what they serve in the Diamond Lounge?

I agree with Ocean Boy too...........no way could this be day 3 already!!!!

Patty

Archived