Radio

"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas / Jan 22, 2011

Hello everyone ! I am very happy to bring you another “LIVE” Report from the Oasis of the Seas. I sailed last year (March 2010), and am looking forward to any changes that may have been implemented.

I arrived in Orlando this morning, after an overnight trip down on Amtrak‘s AutoTrain. I spent the day at Universal Studios, and will be spending the night here in Orlando. Tomorrow morning I will get up early and travel south down to Fort Lauderdale at the Hyatt Pier 66 before I board the Oasis of the Seas on Saturday morning. The weather today was nice and warm (78F). I know that Maryland will be having a snowstorm tomorrow, so I am glad to be south !

For those of you who are new to Cruise Critic. . . This will be more than a Cruise Ship review. Many of you who are aware of my “LIVE” reports know that I will be posting daily comments and reports on the Oasis of the Seas, with daily photos of the public areas, lounges, and hopefully all of the Entertainment, Sports, and Dining areas of the ship.

There will also be comments and photos of the ports of call during the week. I am hoping that my Internet connection will be reliable, as I will require a stable connection to post photos throughout the week. I usually post at least 12 photos per day of what’s happening on board, and in the ports.

I will be on the Western Caribbean Itinerary this week, and we will visit Labadee, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. I am very excited about seeing Celebrity Eclipse (Costa Maya), and Norwegian Epic (Cozumel).

I know that I started my “LIVE” post a little early, but I couldn’t wait to start another post, and another Cruise. I really enjoy offering day to day commentary, and I am very happy to be sailing again on Oasis of the Seas. . .

I think this will be a fun cruise, so sit back relax, and enjoy the ride. . . .

Radio

;);)

Oasis of the Seas

RCI_OasisAerial_009-vi.jpg

© 2009 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Yes, I will be "trying" the FlowRider again this trip. . .

RCI_Oasis_Aerial207-vi.jpg

The Solarium on Oasis of the Seas. . .My favorite section of the ship !

RCI_Oasis_Aerial017-vi.jpg

Our Scheduled Itinerary

W12211.jpg

Edited by Radio

This is wonderful. One live report from the Oasis and Trainman-2's from Allure. We are doing this itinerary on the Allure. Thank you

Hello everyone ! I am very happy to bring you another “LIVE” Report from the Oasis of the Seas. I sailed last year (March 2010), and am looking forward to any changes that may have been implemented.

I arrived in Orlando this morning, after an overnight trip down on Amtrak‘s AutoTrain. I spent the day at Universal Studios, and will be spending the night here in Orlando. Tomorrow morning I will get up early and travel south down to Fort Lauderdale at the Hyatt Pier 66 before I board the Oasis of the Seas on Saturday morning. The weather today was nice and warm (78F). I know that Maryland will be having a snowstorm tomorrow, so I am glad to be south !

For those of you who are new to Cruise Critic. . . This will be more than a Cruise Ship review. Many of you who are aware of my “LIVE” reports know that I will be posting daily comments and reports on the Oasis of the Seas, with daily photos of the public areas, lounges, and hopefully all of the Entertainment, Sports, and Dining areas of the ship.

There will also be comments and photos of the ports of call during the week. I am hoping that my Internet connection will be reliable, as I will require a stable connection to post photos throughout the week. I usually post at least 12 photos per day of what’s happening on board, and in the ports.

I will be on the Western Caribbean Itinerary this week, and we will visit Labadee, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. I am very excited about seeing Celebrity Eclipse (Costa Maya), and Norwegian Epic (Cozumel).

I know that I started my “LIVE” post a little early, but I couldn’t wait to start another post, and another Cruise. I really enjoy offering day to day commentary, and I am very happy to be sailing again on Oasis of the Seas. . .

I think this will be a fun cruise, so sit back relax, and enjoy the ride. . . .

Radio

;);)

Oasis of the Seas

RCI_OasisAerial_009-vi.jpg

Yes, I will be "trying" the FlowRider again this trip. . .

RCI_Oasis_Aerial207-vi.jpg

The Solarium on Oasis of the Seas. . .My favorite section of the ship !

RCI_Oasis_Aerial017-vi.jpg

Our Scheduled Itinerary

W12211.jpg

Hey Mark

Is Mrs. Radio with you this trip? Can't wait to see if changes were made. We love the Allure. Oh my gosh what a ship. Excited to read all week for sure. We were just talking about your hotel and decided to book a week at the Marriot Beach Place before heading to the Allure in December.

This is wonderful. One live report from the Oasis and Trainman-2's from Allure. We are doing this itinerary on the Allure. Thank you

Thanks ! I will be sailing Allure of the Seas as well in May 2011 !

Radio

;);)

Radio, I love your LIVE posts, so informative and entertaining....you pictures are incredible!

Between you on the Oasis and Trainman on the Allure both running LIVE posts we are going to be B U S Y!!!!! :D :D :D

Wooooo hoooooo Radio!!!!! :D:D

You KNOW I will be stalking this thread for the next week!!!!! :)

Can't wait!!!!!!

Radio, I love your LIVE posts, so informative and entertaining....you pictures are incredible!

Between you on the Oasis and Trainman on the Allure both running LIVE posts we are going to be B U S Y!!!!! :D :D :D

Agree!!!!:D:D

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I followed your last two live threads and loved them! I'll be doing your itinerary on the Allure on the 30th. This will help a bit with the wait!

Can't wait for your posts!

Its been about 18 days since I am off ExOTS, I could really use this Virtual cruise!

Looking forward to sailing (& reading) along!

:)

Im not tempted to try the Flow Rider, but try the Zip Line! (Are there lines for this? Do you need to reserve before you go? Can you ride often?) After going on Dragons Flight line on Labadee I cant wait for June to ride a zip line again on Oasis.

Question Question Question!!!

Radio, can you kindly let us know which nights on the Western are now the formal nights? I have heard they changed.

Enjoy and thanks!

Yay!!! Another "live from -insert name of ship here-" thread from Radio!

Time to listen to the song "Mexican Radio" on Youtube! :D

Ok..

Subscribe to this thread - CHECK.

Tell my family that I'm 'going" on another cruise with Radio - CHECK.

Starting tomorrow checking CC first thing in the morning-DOUBLE CHECK :D

Can't wait for the LIVE report!

Edited by Aldeya

So excited to read your reports..... We'll be sailing the Oaisis in April. Followed one of your other reports a while back.... Can't remember if it was for Princess or HAL .... But we were sailing that same ship after you so your reports were wonderful to read. Have a blast..... Looking forward to this!:D

Sandy

Thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to include us, especially with pictures! You're spoiling us!

Radio, looking forward to reading your "live" reports. Please post pictures of the Eclipse and Epic.

Theresa

Edited by psupa

Yipppeeee!! Can't wait for your posts. Is it safe to assume that you will also giving us another fabulous Radio video of Oasis when you return?!?!?:D

If you have time, can you get the current Western Compasses? Thanks for all you do.:)

Yipppeeee!! Can't wait for your posts. Is it safe to assume that you will also giving us another fabulous Radio video of Oasis when you return?!?!?:D

If you have time, can you get the current Western Compasses? Thanks for all you do.:)

Ha ha, Thanks :) Yes, I will get the Daily Compass for each day, and will try to do a New Vid. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

;);)

Ok..

Subscribe to this thread - CHECK.

Tell my family that I'm 'going" on another cruise with Radio - CHECK.

Starting tomorrow checking CC first thing in the morning-DOUBLE CHECK

Can't wait for the LIVE report!

I love your Checklist ! Nice. . . I will try to make it worth while. . .:)

I will post a few pics of my 2 night Pre cruise, but most pics will begin tomorrow !

Thanks for the nice comments. . . :D

Radio

;);)

Its been about 18 days since I am off ExOTS, I could really use this Virtual cruise!

Looking forward to sailing (& reading) along!

:)

Im not tempted to try the Flow Rider, but try the Zip Line! (Are there lines for this? Do you need to reserve before you go? Can you ride often?) After going on Dragons Flight line on Labadee I cant wait for June to ride a zip line again on Oasis.

Thanks, Stacey. . . I will try the Zip Line this time, and I will also do the Dragons Tail Coaster in Labadee. . .

Mrs Radio did the Oasis Zip line las March, and it doesn't need to be reserved. You can go as much as you want. . .The wait was about 10 minutes.

Radio

;);)

Hey Mark

Is Mrs. Radio with you this trip? Can't wait to see if changes were made. We love the Allure. Oh my gosh what a ship. Excited to read all week for sure. We were just talking about your hotel and decided to book a week at the Marriot Beach Place before heading to the Allure in December.

Mrs Radio wasn't able to make this trip, but she is planning to go on Allure of the Seas with me in May !

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio,

I will be posting "Live" from the Allure while you are posting "Live" from the Oasis.

We have got to get together and coordinate a joint cruise so we can post live together one day.

Have a great cruise on the Oasis...

Trainman-2

(Jim)

Hi Radio,

I will be posting "Live" from the Allure while you are posting "Live" from the Oasis.

We have got to get together and coordinate a joint cruise so we can post live together one day.

Have a great cruise on the Oasis...

Trainman-2

(Jim)

Wow. . . That would be a great "LIVE" Post. . . Come with me on Allure in May !

Radio

;);)

Here are a couple of Pre Cruise Pics. . . I must go to Cracker Barrel next door. (They open at 6AM)

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;);)

Getting ready to board AutoTrain in Virginia

PC1.JPG

Amtrak AutoTrain Station in Lorton, VA (On Wednesday)

PC3.JPG

The Holiday Inn and Suites at Universal Studios

PC10.JPG

Wow. . . That would be a great "LIVE" Post. . . Come with me on Allure in May !

Radio

;);)

What are your sailing dates?

I am already booked with a large group on the Freedom 8-15 May.

Maybe I can join you if there is not a conflict. :D

Trainman-2

Radio

you have such a following...already 35 posts and you haven't even boarded the ship..:D

Have a great time...looking forward to your live post and also your cruise on the Allure in May...sailing on her in September..heard they made some changes i.e. more activities planned for the Boardwalk:)

Hi Radio - I'm pumped and so ready to follow you on your latest adventure. Very snowy and bitter cold here in Canada, will be so happy to have a virtual 'get-away' with you. Followed every step with you on your last action packed cruise. Thanks so much for doing this, wow...see what a popular guy you are !!!!

dm

Hi Radio. Thanks so much for taking us along for your cruise. I'm headed on the ship as you get off. So take good care of it for me! :D

You will have so much fun! I so excited to hear all about it!