"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas / Jan 22, 2011

Radio

RADIO: Do you recall what time the Splish Splash was given. I'm in the process of booking the entertainment and the specialty restaurants and I don't want my reservations to interfere with any of the shows.

Once again...THANKS for all you're doing!

The Beach for Suite Guests is Barefoot Beach. . .I am not in a suite, so I was not allowed there. . . There are many other beaches that you can go to though. . . Labadee is a paradise. . .;)

There are several "Neighborhoods" with beaches that you can go to. . . See below for the current map.

I was on the beach between Barfoot Beach Club and Columbus Cove. . .

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Thanks Radio. The map is very helpful! :D And I'm glad we have a shot at getting those blue shade things. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

RADIO: Do you recall what time the Splish Splash was given. I'm in the process of booking the entertainment and the specialty restaurants and I don't want my reservations to interfere with any of the shows.

Once again...THANKS for all you're doing!

For our sailing it was at 3:30PM. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . We have arrived in Costa Maya at 12:30PM. As we approached, we were unsure how the weather would be today. . . We had 15min of bright sun, and 15min of rain (for about 1 ½ hrs)

The clouds have been moving quickly, so we will just have to see how it turns out.

We just pulled up to the pier, and should be tied up in about 15 minutes. . .

I am happy to see Celebrity Eclipse as she will share the pier with us all day. One day I would love to sail on Eclipse or any (Solstice Class Ship).

We were able to see Norwegian Epic during our approach, and we should be able to see her “close up” tomorrow when we are in Cozumel. . .

The ship will be cleared soon, so I will be hopping off and see what I can see. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

We are only a few miles away from Costa Maya

W19.JPG

We can just barely see land. . .

W18.JPG

We watch Norwegian Epic sailing north as we approach.

W17.JPG

A little rain, a little sun. . . .

W20.JPG

We are greeted by the Beautiful Celebrity Eclipse

W23.JPG

Ok ! We are here. . . We will be tied up soon.

W25.JPG

Man, that Epic is one ugly ship, of course, in MY opinion.

You know, there is just no nice way to say that... I tried to think of one... to no avail! :eek:

"A ship only it's mother could love..."

"The E.T. of cruise ships..."

I still say the thing looks like Mater, from the movie Cars.

Theron

In your post #292 you posted a picture with the label : "Oasis has a massive view from back here . . ."

Is that a red/gray/blue hang-glider in the middle of the picture? Is this just a decoration or is that a live person getting ready to fly?

Thanks again for doing this live report - I am completely hooked on cruising with you.

You know, there is just no nice way to say that... I tried to think of one... to no avail! :eek:

LMAO... for all I hear about the Epic, I do find it quite ugly... lol

In your post #292 you posted a picture with the label : "Oasis has a massive view from back here . . ."

Is that a red/gray/blue hang-glider in the middle of the picture? Is this just a decoration or is that a live person getting ready to fly?

Thanks again for doing this live report - I am completely hooked on cruising with you.

It's a decoration on the underside of the bridge connecting the two halves of the sports deck (and the two Flowriders). It got me the first time I looked up and saw it!

I can't agree more about the Epic. It looks like a Beluga whale!

Hello everyone. . . We have arrived in Costa Maya at 12:30PM. As we approached, we were unsure how the weather would

I am happy to see Celebrity Eclipse as she will share the pier with us all day. One day I would love to sail on Eclipse or any (Solstice Class Ship).

Any special reason you would love to sail on Eclipse or any Solstice Class ship? I am doing a TA on the Eclipse October,2011. Any thoughts on the ship would be appreciated.

Enjoying your posts with such good information and beautiful pictures.

Lu

Man, that Epic is one ugly ship, of course, in MY opinion.

I remember the CEO of NCL (when he was on undercover boss) say that they bet the farm on this one.:eek::eek:

I wanna play cards with this guy.:D:D

Yeah, that thing is fugly!!

Theron

Ha ha. . .there is a resemblance. . .

Call me crazy, but I would still love to do a "LIVE" from Norwegian Epic.

If anyone thinks it is ugly. . . Be ready to see Ugly "Up Close " tomorrow, when she will be with us in Cozumel.

Hmmm. . . since we past her this morning. . .Where could Epic be today ? She is supposed to be in Cozumel tomorrow. . . Maybe a day at sea ?

Wow, she must be sailing very slow. . .Cozumel is very close to Costa Maya.

Radio

;);)

If anyone thinks it is ugly. . . Be ready to see Ugly "Up Close " tomorrow, when she will be with us in Cozumel.

Hmmm. . . since we past her this morning. . .Where could Epic be today ? She is supposed to be in Cozumel tomorrow. . . Maybe a day at sea ?

Radio

;);)

That has got to be your funniest post yet this cruise. Love the humor and can't wait to see those pics. Enjoy the rest of your cruise and thanks for taking us along.:) It sure makes shoveling the snow in the northeast a little better.

Radio

;);)

Ready to see Ugly "Up Close"....too funny!!

Radio

;);)

I just think she is a really ugly ship. But a day on a cruise ship is better then where I am sitting right now.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Radio -- We loved the Solstice and can't wait to sail on this class again. What about sailing on the Silhouette out of Bayonne? We could get the Explorer Bermuda group together! :) Maybe I will plant the bug in Ken's ear.

Enjoy!

Hello everyone. . . I can’t believe that it is 11PM, and I am still awake. I guess that 2 hour nap helped me to be up for a little while.

I had a very nice dinner at Giovanni’s up in Central Park. The choices varied, but I had the Insalata Caprese per Due, Ravioli di Polpa di Granchio (Maryland Crab Ravioli w/shrimp), and Ossobuco Alla Piemontese (Veal) The service was great. . .and it took about 3 hours. I dined with MedicKen, and his lovely family.

I am going down to Quest at Studio B at 11:30PM. And that should be some fun. . .It has been several cruises ago that I last attended Quest, so I will see what’s new and improved. . . Most passengers will tell you that no 2 shows are alike.

We have 270 nm to go before we arrive at Costa Maya (Majuhaul)We are scheduled to arrive at 11AM, and we should be there until 7PM. Celebrity Eclipse should be at the pier to welcome us.

My plans for tomorrow are to see what’s new since the port at Costa Maya was destroyed a couple of years ago in the hurricane. I have heard that there has been a new boardwalk constructed down in Majuhaul with many new shops.

Here are a few pics from today’s Aquatheater Show “Splish Splash” I highly recommend this show for all age groups. . .you will definitely walk away with a smile !

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

The performers looked as if they were all enjoying themselves. . .

T36.JPG

I loved the Synchronized swimmers

T33.JPG

Most of the performers were in the Oasis of Dreams Show

T29.JPG

The Olympic High divers were excellent

T30.JPG

We had calm seas today for the show

T34.JPG

Our Current Location

MAP8.jpg

what is that in the water in your calm sea photo?

Archived