"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas / Jan 22, 2011

Radio

Thank you Radio, enjoy cruising through you. Planning on making a reservation for Nov 2011 very soon. Noticed that your room was aft and beside the back of the stores on the Boardwalk. Did you hear any noise from the Boardwalk? Would you recommend this area? Only looking at a balcony D8 or D7 and they are either forward or aft. Which do you think is best? Thank you for taking your vacation time to answer our questions. ENJOY I know I'm enjoying your cruise with you.

My Balcony is on Deck 6 Starboard FWD. . . A D7 or D8 are identical except for location. I walked down the hall on Deck 6 to AFT and have not heard any noises. . .

You will love the ship !

Radio

;);)

Hi radio,

Looks like you had a beautiful day in Labadee. This morning at 8am it was 0 out:eek: Thanks so much for the wonderful pics and review.

I do have one question for you . I would love to know more about the 150 central park menu. I heard there was A and B days with different menus. Then they went down to one menu. Would you be able to check it out for me. We're trying to decide if that will be one of our specialty restaurants?

Thank you

Have a wonderful time

Liz

Stacy, There is no Diamond Event of this ship so now I'm a bit confused. The Diamond Lounge does have free drinks including alcoholic ones so if they move it to another area because of the crowds, it should still be the same. It's only on the smaller ships that they have a Diamond event with just wine, champ, soda and 25% off drinks.

Radio, did they change what they serve in the Diamond Lounge?

I agree with Ocean Boy too...........no way could this be day 3 already!!!!

Patty

The Diamond Lounge is not open for the Evening Diamond Event on this Cruise, but I went down to Blaze and asked what was available to order. They suggested that soft drinks, beer, wine or cocktails were available. The waiter asked me "Would you like a Gin and Tonic ? or a Rum Punch? How about a Rum and Coke ?" Thanks, but I'll just have a Coke . . .

They also served warm or dry snacks. . .

Radio

;);)

That would be awesome as we are on the Oasis Feb. 19 and although we made our show reservations, we can only hope we aren't conflicting with other interests we may have. We found no compasses posted for the W. carribean sailing other than an old June 2010 one. We just got off the navigator today. Agreed horrible weather out there this week. I hope it improves for the rest of your trip.

Just an idea if you don't mind staying up late we book most of our shows later in evening to allow us more time after dinner to just relax and not be rushed ,just a thought;)

Hi Radio. . . thanks for the "live" thread, we're loving it. Quick question, are all the pools fresh water on Oasis? Keep the great pictures coming, it's getting us excited for our cruise on her in July.

Yes. . .All 22 pools and spas are freshwater. . .

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . When I got back to my cabin after a wonderful day in Labadee, I received an Invitation for a Champagne Sail Away on the Helipad at 4:30.

I wasn’t aware that they offered this event, but it was very nice. Usually passengers are not allowed on the Helipad. I joined an Astrology event last year on the Oasis helipad, (March 2010) but I heard even that was stopped.

They had Bagpipes, The Hotel Director, and several officers. About 150 Diamond and Diamond Plus members were there. (Maybe suites too ?) It was an unexpected but enjoyable 30min. . . I hope they continue to offer this event. . .

I was also able to see the Oasis of Deams show in the AquaTheater tonight (Pics tomorrow)

Here are a few pics from Sail Away. . .

Radio

The Helipad Crown and Anchor Champagne Sail Away

MM33.JPG

The Bagpiper was an appropriate addition to the event

MM29.JPG

The Hotel Director (Francois Wache) addresses our group

MM37.JPG

Oasis pulls away slowly from the pier. . .

MM31.JPG

Twilight view on Deck 15 at the H2o Zone.

MM35.JPG

Twilight view Aft at the Skybridge, and Viking Crown Lounge

MM36.JPG

The nighttime pictures of the boardwalk way back in the thread were terrific.

CDNJ (Stacey) said that her temps dropped last night to 9F. That's nothing, we dropped to 2F last night and the client I saw this morning said it was -1F last night. Br-r-r-r-r-r-r:eek:

The week seems to be flying by.

Reading your Live trip report and looking at all the pics justifies in our mind blowing the $$ for the B2B in May, no way can you absorb this ship in 7 nights.

Radio, thanks again, love cruising with you in person and online!

We had the privilege of doing the coaster this summer as many times as we wanted when we were in Haiti for 10 days this summer. First time was a little scary but by my third time was letting it go full out. DH did it about 10 times as the kids with us wanted to go with him! I wondered what it cost.

thanks for the info... I'm buying a new camera (looking at the Canon PowerShot 4500IS), and I generally take half decent pictures.... so I'm getting really excited for my upcoming Oasis trip next month! (squeals of joy!)

The Diamond Lounge is not open for the Evening Diamond Event on this Cruise, but I went down to Blaze and asked what was available to order. They suggested that soft drinks, beer, wine or cocktails were available. The waiter asked me "Would you like a Gin and Tonic ? or a Rum Punch? How about a Rum and Coke ?" Thanks, but I'll just have a Coke . . .

They also served warm or dry snacks. . .

Radio

;);)

Thanks for checking that out for us. Enjoy your cruise!!! It was 10 degrees here in NJ today.

Patty

Hi Radio,

We are sailing on the Oasis with several other of your 'voyeurs' on Feb. 19. I should be doing work, but instead I'm reading and viewing your trip. Thanks for the great preview! We will be doing the same itinerary, just a few weeks from now. I'm learning a lot and getting even more excited about exploring this 'city on the waves!'

- Larry

The variety of alcohol drinks are very limited. Chances are that the top shelf liquor you want will not be available. If you are not to chosey about the brand they will come close to filling your request.

Was your Diamond Event in the Blaze lounge...our's was in September and had no trouble getting whatever drink and brand name alcohol the whole week. Just no frozen drinks...also it helps getting friendly with the bartender :p

Hello everyone. . . I forgot to post the Dragon's Coaster Pics yesterday. . . They were already but I guesss my brain wasn't working.

It kind of reminds me of the infamous 3 Stooges Quote:" I'm tryin' to think but nuthin' happens"

Here are more pics from Labadee yesterday. . .

Radio

It’s a long way up the hill

MM7.JPG

Once you get up though, it is an exhilarating ride down. . .

MM8.JPG

You can see all of Labadee on the way down

MM10.JPG

You should use the brakes if you want to take a photo though. . .

MM11.JPG

Adventure Ocean Oasis is a great place for small kids

MM17.JPG

Sailing 2/5...with our frigid temps, sleet/snow and another storm in the horizon, you are warming up my days with pictures of promise of things yet to be...Thank you for all your dedication and spectacular views....Phyllis (a former Bronx gal now living on a mountain top near West Point)

Archived