"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas / Jan 22, 2011

Radio

When I saw this picture I thought, "Man that Radio's got game... I could never jump that high to get a picture like this... " :)

Seriously, thanks for posting. This week has been a blast. It's been an extremely busy week for me so having a few minutes every once in a while to dream vicariously through your pictures has been an excellent treat. We leave in March for a similar itinerary (if Falmouth opens up we're supposed to go there instead of CM). You ongoing review has been a blast.

Tom

OASISRC12.JPG

Image Courtesy of Royal Caribbean

>>Note to Texas Teen<< Don't try to read a "Live From" thread from one poster right after reading a "Live From" thread from another poster on a similar ship! You will get confused trying to remember what ship you're reading about! :eek:

(BTW, I'm Texas Teen in case nobody paid attention.)

Could you ring up room 14290 and ask them if the bed is next to the balcony:) Have really enjoyed your posts. I have spent the whole day reading them.

I will find out before I get off tomorrow !

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Thank you so much for doing this report! It couldn't have come at a better time as I will sail the Oasis two weeks from tomorrow! Can't wait! It will only be my second cruise and my husband's first!

Question...last cruise I was on one night there was a huge dessert buffet. Does the Oasis have that one evening? My husband will be in HEAVEN if they do!

I havn't read about one, but there was a very big Chocaholic Breakfast Buffet this morning in Opus Dining Room. . .

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . I finished my class today and passed ! I had to hurry back to my cabin and get my camera because I had an Invitation for a backstage tour at Noon.

I’m glad I went . . .The Production Mgr was very proud about his work and staff. He was full of details about how the shows in the Opal Theater are done. He spoke about the rigging, lighting, sound, and set design. There are separate Prod Mgr’s for the Opal Theater, AquaTheater, and Studio B.

He took us back stage, and we were able to see many of the props that were used for “Come Fly With me” and “Hairspray”. I was glad to be a part of the tour. It really gives you an insight on how tough it is to produce a show.

I had lunch today with MedicKen and CruiseLover58 up in the Solarium Bistro. I can tell you that I am really enjoying some of the choices that are served in there. (I have never heard of some of them) I bet you I could learn to love Gazpacho every day for lunch ! I think that anyone sailing Oasis soon should plan on having a meal there. .. You will enjoy it.

It’s almost time for me to go to dinner, so I will post some photos from today. . . I think I took about 100 pics today, but will only post a few . I can assure you that more pics will come before I leave the Oasis of the Seas tomorrow.

Thanks for tuning in, and thank you very much for all of the nice comments. . .

Radio

I did a Backstage tour of the Opal Theater

F6.JPG

Who’s driving that Cab ? It’s Adam Goldstein (President of Royal Caribbean International)

F7.JPG

The Production Manager was showing us how they moved the sets on and off the stage.

F30.JPG

The Opal Theater Seating is very comfortable. . .

F5.JPG

Come Fly With me was a great show. . .

F17.JPG

I recommend this show for all ages !

F18.JPG

I will be going there today, and check out the Menu. . .

Radio

;);)

Thank you sooo much. Hope you have a wonderful dinner.

Glad you passed your class:)

Liz

I was told today that there is only 1 Menu. .. It is the same every night.

The Head waiter suggested that it only changes once per quarter, and there is no A or B Menu currently. . .

Radio

;);)

Here are a few more before dinner. . .

Radio

Whoa. . . That’s a long way down

F9.JPG

I finally made it in the Beach pool today. . .Early this morning it felt like it was warm !

F19.JPG

There was the another Volleyball Passenger tournament

F25.JPG

Many passengers were very good at surfing. . . I didn’t try it this time. I think I will stick to the body board though. . .(no surfing for me)

F23.JPG

Here is my Office on Deck 6.

F29.JPG

Our current Location

MAP20.jpg

Radio I'll send this again... sorry to have you do work on your last day!

I saw some other posts about this can you add cabins

To see what the layout of the bed are?...Im trying to see which cabin has the dreaded "bed by the door"

THANKS A TON!

I wanted to post this interesting photo of the Oasis of the Seas and Liberty of the seas in Cozumel recently. . .

I would like to take credit for this photo but this image is courtesy if Royal Caribbean International. . .

More pics from Radio later today !

Radio

;);)

OASISRC12.JPG

Image Courtesy of Royal Caribbean

When I first saw this picture what struck me was the width of Oasis compared to LOS:DThanks again for reports & really enjoyed photos as brought back great memories:)

Radio,

Thank-you for all for the wonderful posts and pictures. I am SOOOOOO looking forward to our Oasis cruise in July. You have taken us all on a wonderful mental vacation. I look forward to your next cruise to wait for the experience again.

Andrew and Lisa

Here are a few more before dinner. . .

Radio

Here is my Office on Deck 6.

F29.JPG

Awesome!!!!! Insert big SIGH!!!

If I had an office like that I could work day and night!!!

Radio,

Thank-you for all for the wonderful posts and pictures. I am SOOOOOO looking forward to our Oasis cruise in July. You have taken us all on a wonderful mental vacation. I look forward to your next cruise to wait for the experience again.

Andrew and Lisa

Thanks for the nice comments. . . My "Plans" are to sail Allure, Explorer, and Freedom this year. . .

Nothing is in stone yet. . .

Radio

;);)

Thanks for the nice comments. . . My "Plans" are to sail Allure, Explorer, and Freedom this year. . .

Nothing is in stone yet. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio, I am enjoying your Live posts and photos very much. I see you are going to Bermuda in September. Any chance you are going on the Explorer 9/24?

Radio, Thanks for your time, How was 150's Menu? Our May cruise we hoped for a better menu but it still was very good. Did you like the salts? We will on the Oasis in 7 days and 14 hours for 2 weeks but whos counting! Thanks John

Radio-Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful observations, incredible pics and your vacation. You have made this a special week for so many and hope you know that! I look forward to your future sailings and hope to meet you again. Safe travels home:)

I am surprised that are no postings about the tragic accident yesterday. I understand the unfortunate crew member has passed away. The officer suffered a fractured leg. Thoughts and prayers go out to the crew members family who I understand was to leave the ship tomorrow.

Radio, I am enjoying your Live posts and photos very much. I see you are going to Bermuda in September. Any chance you are going on the Explorer 9/24?

Yes. . . I have Explorer scheduled, but it is not in "ink" yet. . .

I love love love Bermuda, and I may be there. I will know for sure by May. . .

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Archived