RCL/RCI/RCCL announces new levels

C 2 C

I presume for now Elite on X still translates to Diamond on RCI? Anybody heard if that is still the case?

Celebrity's CC FAQ has been updated to say that Select status still gets you Platinum (but not the new Emerald) and Elite status gets you Diamond.

I followed the link within the RCI web site and it talks more about changing to a "Points" system to achieve membership advancement, much like Celebrity and their two times bonus for Concierge and suite cabins counting for two credits not one as a balcony class.

INTRODUCING CRUISE POINTS

Cruise Points is the new way to earn your membership status in the Crown & Anchor® Society. Earn one Cruise Point for every cruise night you sail with us and DOUBLE the points when you purchase a suite. For Example: When you take a 7-night cruise, you'll earn 7 Cruise Points, and when you purchase a suite, you'll earn 14 Cruise Points.

Also they have introduced a Princess style recommend a friend benefit which I wish "X" would add.

NEW! BRING A FRIEND PROMOTIONFor a limited time, to show our appreciation, Crown & Anchor® Society members can enjoy $25 to spend onboard for each stateroom your friends reserve on your cruise. To take advantage of this exclusive, member-only offer or to view full terms and conditions,

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/newsSpotlightLoggedin.do;jsessionid=0000_UKxVEKXG91f__61g-82xdD:12hbioe0u?pnav=6&snav=5

I presume for now Elite on X still translates to Diamond on RCI? Anybody heard if that is still the case?

YES!!!

I called Royal this am to check our level-- we are still Diamond by virtue of being Elite on Celebrity (even though our actual Royal points fall short of the 80 needed for Diamond) You can also check on the website..

Other good news for us is they will give dbl credit for JS accomodations..

I was told they will no longer be issuing C & A cards so we will hold to ours to make sure we have our C & A number ...

So the main difference seems to be Points will be accrued for DAYS AT SEA as opposed to just a booked/sailed cruise. So the Transatlantic crossings and the 14 night sailings will greatly bump up the folks over the ones that do the 4 and 5 day cruises. Plus the Purchased Suite cruisers get double points.

It does seem to give preference and reward to those that spend more time/money on board the ship. One 10 day crossing in a suite will be worth as many "points" as 4 seperate 5 days cruises.

I would guess they will try this out for a while on RCI and then tweek and implent over here on "X". Should be interesting to say the least.

I knew booking Jr suits and sky suites would pay off one day. Thought we would never reach D plus on RCCL because we've been sailing Celebrity last few years, but the Elite perks on Celebrity are WAY better than Diamond plus on RCCL. Checked our RCCL points and we are closer now than we were yesterday. We have 155 pts on RCCL now!!!

Like the cruising with family and friends better than the points!!!:):)

RCI points and Celebrity points are not combinable - you get the higher of the two.

RCI gives up to a $350 balcony discount against the booking price for D+ plus limited free internet and also gives 3 hours a day of free booze in the Concierge Lounge. You also get one bag of free laundry and some free dry cleaning.

When we were on the Solstice we each had the free internet minutes and I did not use up mine and never had to apply DW's.

So what am I missing - What does Elite give over and above these? We are not big time boozers but free is good.

I remember that on the Solstice the Elite free drink time was 4-6 PM in the forward lounge and it was lightly attended most of the time, we only went twice. On RCI the CL runs from 5-8:30 PM but the room is always available with the C & L card for sitting, checking out papers, etc. And the attendant who is there quite a bit serves as a Concierge for special requests such as ice show ressies, etc.

I have 26 points my on Elite status which adds up to 152 sea days. Wonder what will follow with Celebrity. Suspect it will follow RCI. Just have to wait and see and also wonder how the two programs will integrate now.........

Phil

According to the Captain's Club rep I talked to today, Celebrity has no plans in the works to change to a similar system. For what that's worth...

But there really should not be any changes in the way the programs are integrated/reciprocated. The way it was explained to me:

Platinum or Emerald on RC ---> Select on X

Diamond, Diamond Plus, or Pinnacle on RC ---> Elite on X

Select on X ---> Platinum on RC

Elite on X ---> Diamond on RC

Archived