Complimentary Upgrades on Carnival

regjr13

On my last 2 cruises I have received a free upgrade. On the March 13, 2009 sailing of the Carnival Miracle went from balcony on deck 5 (cabin 5205) to wrap around balcony on deck 8 (cabin 8273). On the March 22, 2010 sailing of the Carnival Destiny went from ocean view on deck 1 (cabin 1264) to balcony on deck 8 (cabin 8173).

Good for you Chip1, but what I don't understand is how does this happen? Those aft wraps are sought after so how did you get upgraded to one for free?

Good for you Chip1, but what I don't understand is how does this happen? Those aft wraps are sought after so how did you get upgraded to one for free?

On both cruises I found out about the upgrade when I was in the VIP room checking in. These cruises were my 33rd and 34th sailings with Carnival.

On our very first Carnival cruise we were upgraded from an OV to a balcony....they didn't even say anything, so we went to the OV cabin and the key would not work.....we tried and tried it to no avail when a room steward saw us. He looked at our sign and sail card and told us we were at the wrong room?? Yep, we were upgraded to a balcony and have never looked back....we are now balcony addicts (Carnival knew what they were doing I think) and always book balconies, it spoiled us!!

On both cruises I found out about the upgrade when I was in the VIP room checking in. These cruises were my 33rd and 34th sailings with Carnival.

I'm boarding the Liberty in the morning on my 31st & 32nd (B2B) so maybe I have something to look forward to in the future. I did receive my first ever upsell call for this cruise.

On our very first Carnival cruise we were upgraded from an OV to a balcony....they didn't even say anything, so we went to the OV cabin and the key would not work.....we tried and tried it to no avail when a room steward saw us. He looked at our sign and sail card and told us we were at the wrong room?? Yep, we were upgraded to a balcony and have never looked back....we are now balcony addicts (Carnival knew what they were doing I think) and always book balconies, it spoiled us!!

the cabin number is not on the sign and sail card- how did he determine the cabin number by looking at the card? and what aboutyour luggage?

the cabin number is not on the sign and sail card- how did he determine the cabin number by looking at the card? and what aboutyour luggage?

I dont think he said he found out by looking at the card. The way I read it, he was in the VIP room, like New Orleans for instance, where you check in, in a special room, and they told him there when he checked in.

Might have had to chase down luggage though

I do see people cruise Carnival even more than me, because when I say maybe 6 times a year, my PVP says no, the people who get upgrades really cruise a lot.

On our very first cruise we got a call about 2 weeks before we were to sail and were informed by our PVP that we were being moved from an OV to a penthouse suite. He said he had never seen such a jump.

I will have to say that mostly because of this, we have remained loyal to our PVP (we have referred alot of business to him since) and plan on remaining loyal to Carnival. It was a very impressive start to our relationship!

Do I think I will ever get such an upgrade again?? No.....but you never know!

I do see people cruise Carnival even more than me, because when I say maybe 6 times a year, my PVP says no, the people who get upgrades really cruise a lot.

I guess six is not enough? Seems reasonable to me. That's what I average and never get lucky like some.

This happen to us a few years ago on the Imagination. We found out at the port when checking in at VIP that we were upgraded from an ocean view to a cat. 12. It was a great surprise!:D

pat

Im also wondering if chip's booking agent saw a price drop and moved them as a surprise. We will never know how some got upgrades and others didnt. The cruiselines keep it a mystery on purpose.

The sailing on the Carnival Miracle was booked through a travel agent. When I got home from the cruise I talked to the travel agent. The agent did not know that we had been upgraded.

The sailing on the Carnival Destiny I booked through Carnival's web site.

I dont think he said he found out by looking at the card. The way I read it, he was in the VIP room, like New Orleans for instance, where you check in, in a special room, and they told him there when he checked in.

Might have had to chase down luggage though

I don't see where Serene was talking to Chip. This is the post Serene replied to:

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddylover

After all this time on this board, I still haven't figured out how to do the multi-quote thing. lol

We were upgraded on our very first Carnival cruise. We booked inside TBA (back before they called it category guarantee) and when we got to the pier to check in, we found we'd been upgraded to oceanview. Great way to treat a new customer -- we were very pleased!

Several other times we've been "upgraded" to a higher deck but within the same category. Some people don't consider that to be an upgrade, but I do.

Our best upgrade, we only got because we fought for it. It was on the Triumph Thanksgiving cruise in 2001. We were cruising with several family members and had booked during a sale -- book an inside, get an oceanview. Then 9/11 happened and lots of people cancelled their cruises and the balcony price dropped to what we had paid and I called our TA to ask for the upgrades. Carnival first said no, we'd already been upgraded to oceanview but our TA went to bat for us and got us the upgrades.

Serene,

My first cruise was in 2002, and my cabin number is on my S and S.. I just went and looked to be sure!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've had several free upgrades over the years and one upsell upgrade. Three years ago I was upgraded from a balcony room to a penthouse suite on the Conquest. It was wonderful! My pvp called me with the news. I upgraded last year on the Fantasy to an ocean suite. It was nice, too! Carnival has been great.:)

My very first cruise I booked two inside cabins. We wanted to cruise pretty cheaply so we were happy. About a week before the cruise I looked online and discovered both cabins had been upgraded to Cat 12 Oceanview Suites for free! It was an amazing experience to have those cabins our first cruise. So it can happen!

Archived