Airplane Attire - Aargh

breadbabe

UPDATE, but not from OP - re:my post #3.

Back from Hawaii, had a great time. :) My observations are as follows:

On the plane, everyone I saw had jeans/long pants on. It was cold and raining when we left Vancouver. I decided on my jeans, a long sleeved shirt, and ballet flats for the plane. I'm glad I wore this because the plane was chilly. I also took my shoes off and wore socks on the plane for comfort.

Upon arrival in Hawaii it was warm and raining. While waiting for the luggage, I saw most passengers had sneakers on. I thought that was a little odd but in hindsight I sure wish I had brought mine. Early mornings in Hawaii, people walk! It's lovely and cool and the sunrises are amazing. If we visit again I will definitely take my Nikes and enjoy my exercise instead of deciding to take the week off. ;)

Our week was pleasant and warm, with lovely breezes. Most people on the street were wearing shorts or capris, and some wore jeans as was mentioned earlier in this thread. Although I had my jeans with me, I did not wear them in Hawaii although I could have and still been comfortable. Summer, probably no, but winter definitely.

On the way home, I wore my capris and sandals for the day but changed into jeans and flats at the airport, for the plane. Upon landing in Vancouver, it was freezing cold and I think most who wore their shorts home from Hawaii regretted that decision. :rolleyes: Ah well.

OP here. Please give me some brand names. I love coldwater creek and territory ahead. I am an avid on-line shopper. Has anyone from Canada bought any shoes from Zappos? The only drawback for us Canucks is the cursed shipping and duties...and taxes!

Hello fellow Canuck, eh.

I just purchased a fabulous pair of Joseph Seibel sandals off a Canadian website called, quarkshoes. They are out west in your neck of the woods. They were $20 cheaper than on softmoc. Good luck. I haven't ordered from Zappos yet-been tempted many times though.

When we flew from California to Florida (which isn't as much of a temp change as you'll have), I wore warmer clothes on the plane (because I usually get cold on planes), then changed into a sundress and sandals at the Florida airport. I always wear tennis shoes on the place in case of an emergency.

I always wear a juicy couture tracksuit with flip flops on airplanes and in cars when I travel. Not too warm, but warm enough. And, with a matching jacket, you can shed it when you get off the plane and to your warmer destination!

breadbabe - check out a Lululemon store near you. They have a really good array of yoga/sports tops and bottoms. My friends in Calgary turned me on to the store. You could most likely find a good selection of things to make a comfortable travel outfit that could be turned into other daily wear.

Archived