Are the Spa Showers available to all?

dasey

I didn't think that you could, so i went to NCL dot com....on Epic there are public showers. I didn't know this.

============================================

Yes. There are showers in the Mandara Spa which is directly linked to the fitness room (which is huge, by the way). Use your special key that is given you by the Fitness or Spa staff and you have access to the public showers, which are separated by your own door and shower head so you don't have to worry about it being an open public shower where everyone sees you. The shower areas are separated into two rooms (male and female) and It's very personal and private.

Top 500 Contributor

answered 5 months, 2 weeks ago by

- Brooklyn, NY

answer 2

There are public showers in the men's and women's locker rooms. A few people we talked with who were early risers used them so they didn't wake the rest of their family in the early hours.

Top 25 Contributor

Not sure ALL the ships do that.....

You're Welcome :)

You have to be very wary of answers given in that section of the NCL site. They're not official answers from the cruise line, they're posted by passengers, and unlike on Cruise Critic, where someone will slap you upside the head if you post misinformation, there is no way for others to dispute what is posted. Unfortunately, all too many people believe it's official information or it's been checked for accuracy by NCL employees, but that's not the case.

Every NCL ship I have been on (Sun, Spirit, Pearl, Star, PoAmerica) have allowed public access to the showers, but not necessarily the steam room or sauna. That varies with the ship.

The spa showers are nice in that they are much larger than those in the cabins, especially for handicapped. My husband almost always uses the spa showers since he likes to have a bit of wiggle room in the shower.

Enjoy!

Every NCL ship I have been on (Sun, Spirit, Pearl, Star, PoAmerica) have allowed public access to the showers, but not necessarily the steam room or sauna. That varies with the ship.

The spa showers are nice in that they are much larger than those in the cabins, especially for handicapped. My husband almost always uses the spa showers since he likes to have a bit of wiggle room in the shower.

Enjoy!

That's a visual (wiggling husband) that I'm not sure I needed.

:eek:

I didn't think that you could, so i went to NCL dot com....on Epic there are public showers. I didn't know this.

============================================

Yes. There are showers in the Mandara Spa which is directly linked to the fitness room (which is huge, by the way). Use your special key that is given you by the Fitness or Spa staff and you have access to the public showers, which are separated by your own door and shower head so you don't have to worry about it being an open public shower where everyone sees you. The shower areas are separated into two rooms (male and female) and It's very personal and private.

Top 500 Contributor

answered 5 months, 2 weeks ago by

- Brooklyn, NY

answer 2

There are public showers in the men's and women's locker rooms. A few people we talked with who were early risers used them so they didn't wake the rest of their family in the early hours.

Top 25 Contributor

This sounds to me like it's referring to "public showers", meaning they are showers used by other passengers, as opposed to the ones in your room. Note that it even says you have to give your "special key" to the spa staff, which I believe refers to the spa pass.

On the Dawn last year, the showers (and sauna and steam room) were all only available to people who had paid to use the spa.

There might be showers attached to the gym on Epic but in the Spa I never saw anyone without a band. And if you object to the frosted glass in the balcony room showers, you will definitely not like the Spa showers--they left NOTHING to the imagination...no privacy whatsoever...

Enjoy!

That's my "best kept secret", using the spa showers instead of the one in the cabin;) Have done this on all my past cruises but this will be the first NCL. So much more room, no friendly shower curtain, unlimited soap and extra towels and best of all, not nagging DW trying to hurry me up.

Archived